LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen a new low for DS on the Steve Allen thread.

Paul Bexfield, known as 'Paul from Manchesterford' , name being taken in vein to bad mouth Steve Allen. Someone he adored. Paul would have been disgusted.

(Paul died a little while ago for those who don't know him)
A particularly nasty poster. Never has a good word to say about anybody.
Steve mentioned Paul's death and sounded genuinely sorry. He'd been very kind to Paul, keeping in touch with him over the years, especially when he lost his father.

Reactions: 3
Steve mentioned Paul's death and sounded genuinely sorry. He'd been very kind to Paul, keeping in touch with him over the years, especially when he lost his father.
I'm livid that poster made such a remark but you are right in that they are particularly nasty.

Paul would be very angry. To use his name in such a way is very disrespectful.

Not sure if anyone listens to For the Many with Iain Dale, but he doesn't think it'll be a weekend slot.

I think he may be an hour a night 6-7, where Farage used to be before his termination.
I used to listen to the FtM podcast, and enjoyed it. That was when I used to have to do a tube journey to London (and back) once a week. It fitted the time perfectly, until it over-ran.

I am sure Iain wouldn't have said not being a weekend slot if he didn't know (even if he didn't know exactly where he would be placed).

I have just read the comment made about SA. That poster continually snipes at Steve. The only reason he listens to the programme is so that he can say something nasty about Steve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yes and wrong as Paul had a high regard for Steve Allen which the poster is trying to misrepresent.

Speaking of misrepresenting things Brian must have festered over the weekend on the worsening Covid figures in parts of Europe. Right at the opening of his show he told us the UK was in better shape by "accident or design"

Does anyone think that if the UK was doing worse Brian would present it as being by "accident or design"? Or give us a 3 hour special on how useless we are......

I didn't know that former LBC presenter Dickie Arbiter was the Queen's Press Secretary from 1988 to 2000.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know how long Steve has been doing the in conversation shows for? He was talking about his mother asking him who he had interviewed that day, way back when she was alive. By that I am guessing he was doing those shows for more than a couple decades given he said his dad died in his 50s and his mum died in her early to mid 60s.

Another excellent effort from Nick Ferrari and he continues to get the big interviews with Dominic Raab in today.

As someone who does not listen to James O'Brien but knows he quotes the Financial Times regularly I am sure he will be covering this today.

Anyone know how long Steve has been doing the in conversation shows for? He was talking about his mother asking him who he had interviewed that day, way back when she was alive. By that I am guessing he was doing those shows for more than a couple decades given he said his dad died in his 50s and his mum died in her early to mid 60s.
I think it means interviewing people as guests on his shows rather than with the In Conversation slot.

The In Conversation slot has only been going since about 2009. Before that it was a music based request show with chat, a bit like Desert Island Discs. I think that had been going since the station relaunch in 2003.

Before that, way back in the very early nineties, I remember him talking on the show about his mother being ill and visiting her in the hospice. She must have passed shortly after this. If in her early sixties and she had him in 1954, I reckon she would have been born in about 1930.

I think it means interviewing people as guests on his shows rather than with the In Conversation slot.

The In Conversation slot has only been going since about 2009. Before that it was a music based request show with chat, a bit like Desert Island Discs. I think that had been going since the station relaunch in 2003.

Before that, way back in the very early nineties, I remember him talking on the show about his mother being ill and visiting her in the hospice. She must have passed shortly after this. If in her early sixties and she had him in 1954, I reckon she would have been born in about 1930.
Wow you have been listening since the early 90s. That's impressive. Has his voice and style changed much in that time?
He said the other day that his mortgage is almost paid off. I think it was January or February is his last mortgage payment, and he said he had lived in Twickenham for 25 years I think it was, so I'm guessing his parents lived in London too at that time?

Wow you have been listening since the early 90s. That's impressive. Has his voice and style changed much in that time?
He said the other day that his mortgage is almost paid off. I think it was January or February is his last mortgage payment, and he said he had lived in Twickenham for 25 years I think it was, so I'm guessing his parents lived in London too at that time?
@Lambeth Walk, @Maggie Moggy and @The Big One have been listening to LBC longer than that! They go go waaaaaaay back.

I've been listening to LBC and Steve Allen since about 2003'ish. I'm a newbie 🤣

Steve was a news reader and sometimes he plays some of the old clips of him reading the news. He sounds very different. His voice is a lot deeper and obviously a lot more serious. It sounds very odd.

He's lived all over the place as his father was in the RAF. You must have heard blathering on about Hong Kong? He seems to have been nearly paying off his mortgage since forever. 🤣

@Lambeth Walk, @Maggie Moggy and @The Big One have been listening to LBC longer than that! They go go waaaaaaay back.

Steve was a news reader and sometimes he plays some of the old clips of him reading the news. He sounds very different. His voice is a lot deeper and obviously a lot more serious. It sounds very odd.

He's lived all over the place as his father was in the RAF. You must have heard blathering on about Hong Kong? He seems to have been nearly paying off his mortgage since forever. 🤣
You raise a good point Fenella. Was anyone here listening from the beginning of LBC?

I started listening on 8 October 1973 (actually just before to the music test transmissions!!). I remember Steve was a newsreader, but can't remember his style.

So frequent Twitter user James O'Brien is complaining about the Prime Minister using Twitter?

Perhaps he has been rattled by this.

• Haha

Lol...yes. He's said in the past that in the early days as a newsreader, he used to want to try and make his voice sound as butch as possible like the Barratt's Housing bloke in the adverts, but he eventually realised you had to be yourself and not put it on.

Steve's parents eventually ended up living in Newbury for the last part. Hence when he left home, he took up digs in Hounslow, Staines and places like that in West London.

So frequent Twitter user James O'Brien is complaining about the Prime Minister using Twitter?

Perhaps he has been rattled by this.

Good old Rebartic. He always likes to put Brian right. The man needs constant correction.

The LBC Clubhouse intellectuals have been rounding on occy now, exploiting his grammatical errors for their own smugness.
That particular poster may well have a learning disability
Creeps

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.