LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I woke at about 6am to hear Steve talking to paramedics in the studio with him about him bleeding and did they want him to lie down and did he need a sedative. Can anybody tell me what had happened?
I had Steve on from around 5.30am onwards, I never heard that.
He was trying to persuade one of the production team (against their will) to eat a xmas mince pie, mind you. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had Steve on from around 5.30am onwards, I never heard that.
He was trying to persuade one of the production team (against their will) to eat a xmas mince pie, mind you. 😁
Then maybe it was earlier than that. I didn't check the time. It certainly happened!

I woke at about 6am to hear Steve talking to paramedics in the studio with him about him bleeding and did they want him to lie down and did he need a sedative. Can anybody tell me what had happened?
And this was happening live on-air with listeners hearing everything? If ever there is some kind of emergency in the studio, the 'emergency tape' is played - used to be Steve Allen at one time.

If this happened, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.

Reactions: 2
And this was happening live on-air with listeners hearing everything? If ever there is some kind of emergency in the studio, the 'emergency tape' is played - used to be Steve Allen at one time.

If this happened, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.
So.......I've listened to the podcast for that show (4061) and it happened but it wasn't quite as I'd thought. He started bleeding at 55.48 of the playback and his producers got the first aid box, he referred to them as paramedics and asked them about lying down and the sedative. It goes on for about 5 -6 minutes, have a listen and you'll see why I was confused, I must have switched on exactly as this 'incident' started.

Last edited:
Andrew Pierce is discussing protests "If people want to glue themselves to buildings....why don't we just leave them there.....glued to a building" :oops:

Last edited:
Andrew Pierce is discussing protests "If people want to glue themselves to buildings....why don't we just leave them there.....glued to a building" :oops:
I've thought that all along, particularly when they stick themselves to building, railings and pavements which doesn't seem to inconvenience anyone. Even one dose of road sticking to teach them a lesson, just leave them there, view them as roadworks and quickly arrange an alternative route for traffic. Let them be filmed as they need to go to the loo and can't, or it rains, let them stay there and sort themselves out for as many days and nights as it takes. Let the police clear the access routes but otherwise ignore them. I'd have far more respect for any protesters who made a coherent case in a dignified manner. My personal experience of protesters is that they spout mindless drivel which they can't defend, much like that arse Andrew Pierce talked to this morning.

I know what you're talking about. I listened on catch up and think he was bleeding (not sure how or why) it was his producer that gave him tissues. I can't tell you why he was bleeding though haha.

It would be interesting to see the viewing figures when one consecutively follows another, as I defiantly switch off.
Radio stations don't normally get viewing figures :giggle:

On a different note but sort of LBC related. I was meant to go to Joe Allen's today as a birthday treat. Hubby booked it and we didn't know today was re opening day ( and definitely had no idea Steve was possibly going ). Anyway, the journey into town usually takes us about 45 minutes. Today was showing 75 minutes. We left in plenty of time and got as far as Regents Street and abandoned the whole thing. Traffic was stupid. Road closures, road works and a whole load of cycle lanes now making it single lane for cars and buses. We where going to be 20 minutes late without even thinking of parking. I know they try to discourage taking cars into London but it is an absolute nightmare and just discourages me full stop. 🤬 🤬
Mayor Khan will be pleased ! His intentions (and his predecessors), have worked! They are doing everything possible to try and disencourage people to drive into London. It is best to park somewhere near a tube station (not too close as there will be parking restrictions, as they don't want to encourage people to take the tube either ;))

Well, it was a nice thought of your hubby; shame it didn't work out. I know a nice cafe near me (not quite 'greasy spoon' !), where you could go instead !!!!!!

Belated birthday greetings. How many more years before you get your telegram from HM ?!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel like the classic Steve is making a return, I think he’s in a better headspace now following the treatment and the time off. It’s a lot easier to listen to him without being frustrating, as much as you can be listening to Steve 😂

I think JoB is in danger of overplaying his hand a little bit, the themes are just similar every day. Even now I just can’t tolerate 6 hours of him and Majid so I switch off, saying that I do still like mystery hour.

I’m sick of Nick Ferrari faux outrage over the M25 protests. He’s getting very grumpy in h8s advancing years that one.
James is in rather a mess. He dare not mention the new alliance with Australia because he looks a fool after all his name-calling. But by so conspicuously avoiding it he looks both weak and a fool. Perhaps he should read a book on how not to be wrong...

Then he piled in with the Insulate Britain mob. How is that going?

15 shows in a row for Maajid.
All this talk of 'puberty blockers' for youngsters I find unsettling, it's like something from Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

They certainly stick together, like the support one of them got when another poster objected to a particularly crude comment about Ferrari.
I have only just caught up with this. So Colin has spent years being an a^sehole on the DS thread because he had fantasies about being a media star?
Actually I hope he does because outside his little cabal pretty much everyone regards him as a nasty, unpleasant piece of work. His colleagues must have cheered when he took early retirement.

I have only just caught up with this. So Colin has spent years being an a^sehole on the DS thread because he had fantasies about being a media star?
Actually I hope he does because outside his little cabal pretty much everyone regards him as a nasty, unpleasant piece of work. His colleagues must have cheered when he took early retirement.
I believe he'll be steeling himself today and compiling a spreadsheet in preparation, for yet another call to Nick Ferrari tomorrow morning. 😁
Ferrari & Nawaz reach possibly around 1% of the UK population via the airwaves, yet they are to blame for influencing tens of millions & creating a 'climate of fear'.

I believe he'll be steeling himself today and compiling a spreadsheet in preparation, for yet another call to Nick Ferrari tomorrow morning. 😁
Ferrari & Nawaz reach possibly around 1% of the UK population via the airwaves, yet they are to blame for influencing tens of millions & creating a 'climate of fear'.
On the other hand, Jobbie's words of wisdom are hung on by the entire nation, so should balance the pernicious influence of the evil right wingers. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Jobbie's words of wisdom are hung on by the entire nation, so should balance the pernicious influence of the evil right wingers. :rolleyes:
Trouble is that he keeps getting it wrong like a moth to a flame. For example more insulation would be a good idea that most would agree with. But to keep blocking the M25 shows a lack of selfawareness ( a familiar theme). Also we are in the midst of what looks like quite an energy crisis created by the green agenda.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be ecological but when it becomes like a religion we get the sort of silly decisions which could yet give us power cuts this winter and Brian has just backed the wrong side.

Nick was appalling this morning.

They obviously know when these protests are starting and there location as Rachel Venables is on site for everyone at the start.

Nick was appalling this morning.

They obviously know when these protests are starting and there location as Rachel Venables is on site for everyone at the start.
They stage protests to get publicity for their cause They'll have notified all the media outlets of where and when the demos are going to take place. It's not an LBC exclusive.

It was another excellent show from Nick Ferrari and this bit must have hurt Insulate Britain supporter James O'Brien as he prepared for his show.

Poor old James was forced to lead on energy prices which have been driven by the policies he was cheerleading for only last week. Those at LBC towers must be sniggering behind his back about his book on how not to be wrong!

Reactions: 3
Heads are exploding & paranoid conspiracy theories abound about a caller to LBC who's relative suffered due to insulate protesters blocking the road.
Absolutely bonkers

Heads are exploding & paranoid conspiracy theories abound about a caller to LBC who's relative suffered due to insulate protesters blocking the road.
Absolutely bonkers
To live with that level of cynicism is quite sad really. To be that sceptical about everything.

Whatever the ins and outs of that call, which has been promoted non stop on LBC, the actions of those protestors left the caller and his mother seriously distressed. I'll wager he didn't just sit there doing nothing thinking 'I'll just phone LBC to moan.' Some people seem to think calling an ambulance was the answer when the reason why he was in the car with his mother in the first place was because there were no ambulances available!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.