LBC Radio #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems he's going to Joe Allen's soon. I'm sure he said he's going with Cory, his ex producer. I guess it's good to know he still keeps in contact with ex-producers. Steve is probably the loyal type too, who, once you are a friend of his, you are a friend for life to him. Gotta give him credit for treating those around him well to be fair.
It's a bit creepy the way he refers to 'my' Cory. 😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Steve Allen - "I used to hide from the Milkman on a Saturday morning" :unsure:

"I was skint for a while, living in my car (a Fiat Tipo) until a friend who owned a Nightclub took me in, the Club got robbed one night, a robber burst into my room & said 'get up!'.......'Certainly not! I'm in my underpants"
The idea of paying the Milkman on a Saturday takes me back. It used to be a running joke between dad and I that mum would always take ages to find her purse so that we paid him.

Also a reminder that ( especially for skimmed milk) you needed to take it in promptly on a sunny day.

Reactions: 2
'I think they should offer holidays on Submarines' :unsure:
Looking at the underwear pages in the Littlewoods catalogue
Overpriced sausage rolls at Waterloo station
Steve on Piers Morgan "good looking boy...fresh faced, really good looking boy" :sick:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Tried to use catch up for Steve's show, but not working for some reason. At least not on my phone. Anybody else had issues with catch up?

I think that was Colin 0 - Nick 1. 😂

And applause from his fan club! 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
They certainly stick together, like the support one of them got when another poster objected to a particularly crude comment about Ferrari.
But it's not an echo chamber ;)

I hope Shelagh is back soon or Maajid is unable to cover. I can't deal with 3 hours of James followed by 3 hours of Maajid. I managed about 20 minutes of James yesterday then lasted about 5 minutes with Maajid.

• Sad
But it's not an echo chamber ;)

I hope Shelagh is back soon or Maajid is unable to cover. I can't deal with 3 hours of James followed by 3 hours of Maajid. I managed about 20 minutes of James yesterday then lasted about 5 minutes with Maajid.
Completely agree. It would be interesting to see the viewing figures when one consecutively follows another, as I defiantly switch off.

I’ve being enjoying the change of topic from covid into more radio based discussions. It’s not sounding quite as tired as it was a few months ago.

They certainly stick together, like the support one of them got when another poster objected to a particularly crude comment about Ferrari.
They are like school bullies the way they all ganged up on that poster and it's not the first time. I wish he knew about Tattle so he can post here instead of that toxic thread.

At the time of posting this, I don't think the person who make the original comment has been back since.

They are like school bullies the way they all ganged up on that poster and it's not the first time. I wish he knew about Tattle so he can post here instead of that toxic thread.

At the time of posting this, I don't think the person who make the original comment has been back since.
Martin chats with him occasionally. The whole discussion has been wiped but not the original offensive post that triggered it!

Martin chats with him occasionally. The whole discussion has been wiped but not the original offensive post that triggered it!
Thanks, I didn't notice that. I wish we could also get Martin to post here if he knows about Tattle.

I have it on good authority that LBC 'listener of the year' & Chairman (un-elected) of the Nick Ferrari Fan Club, squeaky-voiced 'Colin from Windsor' has been receiving undergarments through the post from his Harem.
His transition to the Engelbert Humperdinck of forum life is now complete.

• Haha
Completely agree. It would be interesting to see the viewing figures when one consecutively follows another, as I defiantly switch off.

I’ve being enjoying the change of topic from covid into more radio based discussions. It’s not sounding quite as tired as it was a few months ago.
Yes. The different subjects have been a refreshing change.

On a different note but sort of LBC related. I was meant to go to Joe Allen's today as a birthday treat. Hubby booked it and we didn't know today was re opening day ( and definitely had no idea Steve was possibly going ). Anyway, the journey into town usually takes us about 45 minutes. Today was showing 75 minutes. We left in plenty of time and got as far as Regents Street and abandoned the whole thing. Traffic was stupid. Road closures, road works and a whole load of cycle lanes now making it single lane for cars and buses. We where going to be 20 minutes late without even thinking of parking. I know they try to discourage taking cars into London but it is an absolute nightmare and just discourages me full stop. 🤬 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yes. The different subjects have been a refreshing change.

On a different note but sort of LBC related. I was meant to go to Joe Allen's today as a birthday treat. Hubby booked it and we didn't know today was re opening day ( and definitely had no idea Steve was possibly going ). Anyway, the journey into town usually takes us about 45 minutes. Today was showing 75 minutes. We left in plenty of time and got as far as Regents Street and abandoned the whole thing. Traffic was stupid. Road closures, road works and a whole load of cycle lanes now making it single lane for cars and buses. We where going to be 20 minutes late without even thinking of parking. I know they try to discourage taking cars into London but it is an absolute nightmare and just discourages me full stop. 🤬 🤬
That sucks, a nice treat ruined, the way London's going folk will need to leave home 3 hrs early just to get near where they are going to.

Reactions: 4
I woke at about 6am to hear Steve talking to paramedics in the studio with him about him bleeding and did they want him to lie down and did he need a sedative. Can anybody tell me what had happened?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.