Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Colin from Windsor on the line to Ferrari :rolleyes:
"You are best pals with Boris aren't you Nick"
😂
Colin never misses a minute of Nick Ferrari's show. He even gets up extra early each weekday just in case there is an emergency and Nick's show starts at 6:30 am. He will be talking of this moment for weeks down the pub.

One day he will summon up the courage to ask his sporting hero Andrew Castle for a signed tennis ball.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Nice critique of O'Bingo making a tit of himself.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
I don't understand what you mean, could you elaborate? Oooh, you mean 'identity' ?
Yes. The way that guy was talking you'd think he was being oppressed or persecuted, which is the only time I think the issue of identity should cause tears. UK law is pretty good at protecting people from that stuff. If someone wants to call themselves European nobody is going to come Knockin on the door saying they can't.

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
II'm not sure why people compare the two tbh. They are both very popular. Both very good at what they do. Both generate listeners. The biggest deference between the two is that James lives and breaths politics and social media while Nick only gives his opinion for payment.
for Nick it's a job. James regards it as a crusade.

• Heart
  • Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Gawd almighty! What do LBC think Marina Purkiss is going to bring to the debating table? Her Her patter is straight out of the Mumsnet book of fake outrage and how to state the bleedin' obvious. "Doctors save lives!" Wow, who knew? :rolleyes:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I think lots of people get called on the right for not liking him when in fact they agree with him on many things. It's strange.
His sneering personality doesn't exactly foster goodwill. Personally I think that's down to his self-loathing. Besides, if everyone started liking him and agreeing with him he'd be professionally dead in the water. As always with a comment like this, there is the possiblity that his schtick is all just an act.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
A warning for anyone who watches Have I Got News For You ... Marina Purkiss is a panelist tonight. 😖
Her agent deserves a big round of applause. When is O'Brien going to host? Got to be his dream gig. Bit of a step up from the British Kebab awards mind you ... maybe British Gammon awards? No, scrub that.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
A few programme changes for the holiday weekend.

Good Friday
Andrew Castle for Nick F. Matt Frei for James. Paul Brand for Tom Swarbrick

Easter Saturday
1pm Shelagh Fogarty in for (can't remember her name!) , Paul Brand at 4pm (for someone!)

Easter Sunday
4am Marina Purkiss NEW 1pm Ali Miraj (brought out of the early hours)

Just looked up Marina and her bio on Twitter says " I’m not always having a go at this Govt…sometimes I’m sleeping ".

View attachment 2076774 Marina
She's obnoxious even on the scale of obnoxious lefties

Detests the government.
Obsessed by brexit
Fascistic tendencies in wanting any opposition silenced

She gave birth to her second child last year. Mum and baby healthy, the most beautiful and uplifting day in a women's life. 1 hour after she gave birth, she tweeted 'by the way I still hate Tories'. A strangely disturbed sociapath. Probably lined up for 10am to 1pm when the time comes.

• Haha
  • Wow

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Fiona Bruce is a complete pain & should never be hosting.
She's so unsuitable for that show, it's absurd. Presumably Kirsty Walk didn't want to do it (or maybe she's seen as too anti-Tory). I suppose Fiona is regarded as about as 'neutral' as it gets and that kind of person is hard to find these days. Victoria Derbyshire is another one ... but she clearly loathes the Tories too(and she's loathesome herself). :LOL: I won't list all the other female's at the Beeb, it's ok ...

The Big One

Chatty Member
Today he sounded like he was relishing the Brexit situation in a big fat 'told you so' way.
Doesn't he always?
---
Well, only if you knew you were talking shite ... I think if you're honest and believe in what you say you'd have no problem.
I think he has the ability to switch your words around so that even though you know you are right, he will convince you, you are not !

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Shame on you, Mr Marr. That's awful! It should be 'bored WITH' not 'bored OF' ! 🤓
Gotta laugh at Andrew, when he was at the BBC, holding all those politcians to account and talking about cover-ups etc. all the time he had an NDA out covering-up his own affair and love-child. Pot-Kettle and all that. :rolleyes:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
BTW There are more important things to be concerned about than the newsreader's name !!!
Yes, but this is show business daahling, name checks are very very important. Everyone needs to get their moment of fame doncha know. You probably think you have some idea of the ego levels in broadcasting ... quadruple what you think they are and you're halfway there. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Just had a quick look at the twitter feeds of the perpetually offended, O'Brien, Myska, Purkiss, Fogarty, Brand, Lammy and Devon to see if there was any comment about the disgustingly anti semitic 'cartoon' published in the Guardian (and subsequently pulled from the website)

Not a single word.
I just saw the cartoon and if all the supposed 'common anti-semetic tropes' weren't pointed-out to me I would have just thought: "Oh, it's a cartoon and it's pretty good". But yes, I agree, if it had been in the Daily Heil they would all have wet themselves. You know the only people who lose out on all this crap the meeja shit out? Us.

An example of how outlets like LBC (and its hosts) skew things was the recent 4 day climate protest that went off quite peacefully ... no coverage of it anywhere. You can bet if some idiot had glued themselves to the road Ferrari would have been frothing at the mouth and their star reporter whatshername would have gotten herself arrested again and we'd have had a week of her crying about it.

Last edited: