Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
Whoever was screening those calls needs to be bollocked.

I agree about the Jeremy Kyle connection...It's tasteless and cruel to exploit people who ring in but who are ripe for the taking in terms of "entertainment" value.

Reactions: 3

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Broadcasters like James O'Brien and Nick Abbot aren't knocking our country, they're just criticising the corrupt, dishonest bunch of chancers that are currently in charge.
Good job they aren't like that over there in that 'Europe' innit. Honest as the day is long there guv. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I tuned in at midday to hear Lammy say: "I. Want. To. Talk. About. Assisted. Suicide.". Well David, you go right ahead son, but I won't be fucking listening! :LOL: Honestly ... is that what people want on a Bank Holiday Monday? Ye gads!

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I don't hate folk for their political views, I don't call folk Remoaners or Gammons either, but I do drink a cuppa from my favourite mug & toast the most obnoxious tit on radio every morning.
I've been gaslit by the footballification of politics and have been conned by the comtept of the conmen who are compassionate for the conned ... something like that. I lose track and besides I'm not as cleverer as James! 🤪

I will give James some credit though, I think he's the only broadcaster I've ever heard that would make me change who I vote for ... after an hour of him I'm fully onboard with Farage just as a 'fuck you'! :LOL:

• Haha

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I still enjoy LBC but find myself tuning in more selectively.

Andrew Marr is my goto news hour, he's always on the button and always pulls in the top guests on his stories of the day.

At weekends it's Matt Frei and David Lammy when he's being balanced as he was this weekend.

I also enjoy Andrew Castle (please don't shoot me!) I find him quite balanced and able to tackle both sides of argumemts such as the coronation policing debate this weekend.

karma4klattie, if you're looking for something calmer but still well informed, I find Times Radio a good listen.

Like FenellaTheWitch I also surf the music stations. I find Kisstory a good background listen and am looking forward to Vernon Kay starting on Radio 2 next week.
Yeah, Times Radio is a good listen. I actually find TalkTv a good listen too at times. Vanessa Feltz is decent and Kevin O'Sullivan when he's on. A few others I enjoy too. GB News has radio now too.

Redvers36

VIP Member
It has been rather a rough day for James

1. The Euro area falling into recession
2. An asylum seeker stabbing innocent children in France

Going to be hard to blame the UK for either of those.....

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member

The big mistake people on Twitter make is believing people on Twitter are giving a true sense of what public opinion is. Twitter is generally full of people just following like minded people, forming an echo chamber or people who are just very angry and will have a fight in an empty room. According to Twitter we would never have voted Brexit and we would have had a Jeremy Corbyn government and that is why Twitter is so shocked when it doesn't happen as they think should.

I am in my mid fifties and in my work and friendship group I am literally the only one (apart from my husband) who uses Twitter. Apart from a bit of Facebook most of them don't do any social media. I try and mix my twitter feed up and generally just follow news organisation, journalists and a few celebs.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Just shows that any outrage he's shown for the Tories over the years is confected and for clicks.
He's a troll. It's an act. He's like Fox News ... everyone knows it's bullshit but sometimes it's entertaining bullshit. James, like most of them, are just interludes between the real reason for commercial radio ... the commercials! :ROFLMAO: Pass the Billtong.

• Haha

dodgerman

Quite right Maggie Moggy. There are a lot of MPs who are motivated by self interest and somehow they seem to rise to the top of Government. But there are many who do a good job and work for their constituents rather than themselves.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
A few programme changes for the holiday weekend.

Good Friday
Andrew Castle for Nick F. Matt Frei for James. Paul Brand for Tom Swarbrick

Easter Saturday
1pm Shelagh Fogarty in for (can't remember her name!) , Paul Brand at 4pm (for someone!)

Easter Sunday
4am Marina Purkiss NEW 1pm Ali Miraj (brought out of the early hours)

Just looked up Marina and her bio on Twitter says " I’m not always having a go at this Govt…sometimes I’m sleeping ".

View attachment 2076774 Marina
I trust you have began painting your hard-boiled eggs at Brinsworth House, in preparation for Sunday's Great Easter Egg Roll, in the Adam Faith Memorial Garden?

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Jemma Forte, a woman who sells soap on shopping TV ... the least successful relative of Alex Polizzi and a woman who claimed to go on 500 dates where all the men had issues with her. Sometimes the issue isn't the other person, know what I mean?

On a lighter note (I jest of course) James in full-on angry doom-loop and book-flogging mode. Click off. Let me know how it goes ... maybe Jemma will be a guest, although after slagging off Rocco Forte I somehow doubt it. :LOL:

i10gal

On joy! We early birds will be woken by Marina Purkiss tomorrow 4-7am. Clicky off! 😖
Oh my. My first time listening to her and I have done something I don't often do. I have switched off and now listening to chill out music. It was a stream of callers (up until caller Christine) Boris bashing. The regulars including Tony from Doncaster, Claire from York who every time I hear her, is so angry and distressed. This time totally distressed by Boris's honours list. Especially an honour given to his hairdresser. Didn't David Cameron also honour his hairdresser?

I felt Marina Purkiss was in her element with all the callers agreeing with her but the odd call that wasn't, she was out of her depth and cut them off quickly.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
O'bingo has been railing against the coronation all week, but happy to take the public holiday from it. 😁
As someone pointed out earlier ... he only takes positions on certain subjects to keep his loyal 'followers' happy. I really don't think he gives two fucks about anything other than himself and Twitter.