Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
From the way he talks, I'd guess he's had his problems with alcohol.

Yes, he said he used to get too loud for some pub landlords.
Still doesn't merit violence being inflicted on him though.

Reactions: 4
@

@steveallenshow

I’m not sure if I’m bothered about losing my blue tick. Then I thought their are worse things in heaven and earth,I just can think what they are at the moment

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Steve's old regular Kevin the milkman has found a new outlet, he's been emailing Jason Rosam on BBC Radio London.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Andrew Castle has been trending on Twitter.

Presumably it is Colin from Windsor telling everyone what a great tennis player he used to be and how much he enjoyed his forehand.

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Ian Payne had an interesting hour on antiques & collectibles.
Caller Jill had a lock of *Paul McCartney's hair after sneaking up behind him and cutting it off, she also had a cigarette butt from Georgie Fame, a shoe from a member of The Tremeloes and a tassle ripped from Engelbert Humperdinck's jacket :unsure:

*Jill later wrote to McCartney apologising for assaulting his bowl-cut.
I like Ian immensely. His choices of non-news topics generate interesting and funny calls, and when he does front page stories he listens to all points of view without judging the callers. Perhaps being in an off-peak slot allows him not to strive to be 'controversial' and have sound-bites peppering social media.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
One person who has clearly benefited from Brexit is O'Brien, it's provided him with a show for god knows how many years ... so it's a bit rich for him to slag the process off. Bizarre.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I didn't realise she was referring to this TL site. I rarely venture away from this thread and it didn't occur to me that there's a dark side. Everybody's always so nice, and tolerant of each others' opinions here. Quite different from the hostility on DS. I realise now that whoever got me kicked off there did me a favour.
It was mad the moderation over there and it was all so petty. I find it incredible someone could be so bothered to report another poster for commenting on a their spelling mistake. Still astounds me to this day. How do they function in the real world is beyond me. Tattle is very tolerant in my experience.

Talking of being pathetic, if anyone wants a giggle have a look at James O'Brien's friend Jolyon Maugham's Twitter. He's very upset his book got a stinking review in The Times. He going on about Tufton Street cabals and everything. Currently arguing with JK Rowling on trans issues.

In other news .. Poor old Nick Abbot struggling with a cold last night. Sounded off his face on meds. Also still sounding like Sir Roger Moore. He also had a very chatty producer. He hasn't had one of those for a while.

Yel

Chatty Member
Time to switch Nick A off. Half an hour into his show and yep bloody brexit again. All to do with Dover which in Nick's eyes and in his head is all to do with Brexit.
Nickers babes it aint worth it, fink of your blood pressure!

The most interesting thing at LBC at the moment is wondering who'll get roped in to do overnights once management start work today.

neroli

VIP Member
That's put me off MB now...I brought back a lovely freebie shampoo from a recent hotel overnighter. It's going to be culled tonight.

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
He popped up on either GB News or TalkTV a few days ago and was pretty non-committal about everything. Didn't really add anything to the 'debate'.
---

Can you just flesh out what you're talking about? The column in the paper and the 83 year old ... cheers! 🧐 I wouldn't take too much notice of O'Brien and his hard-of-thinking fanboys like 'Loz' ... First time I heard this character, but he seemed like a regular caller whose Twitter feed James 'loves' ... it was full-on Grange Hill common room bantz.
Clarkson and Lady Hussey

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Colin from Windsor on the line to Ferrari :rolleyes:
"You are best pals with Boris aren't you Nick"
😂

His twitter account came up on my feed just now, it was clear from a scroll down that he's busy on there. When I say busy, I'm talking nearly 60 tweets today alone. His first post on the other place was 7am.

Daren't begin to specify which 4 letter words come to mind to describe him, I'd be instantly red carded.

• Haha