LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Attn Mr Lammy -

Ofcom has begun research to gauge audience attitudes towards politicians presenting current affairs programmes, amid the proliferation of such programmes of news broadcasters such as Talk TV and GB News.

Ofcom had also written to the DCMS to clarify rules surrounding politicians presenting TV and radio programmes, which currently states that no politician may be used as a newsreader, interviewer or reporter unless justified editorially.

Ofcom had stated late last year that politicians were allowed to front such shows outside of election periods, as the programmes are considered current affairs programmes rather than news. However, the regulator is now exploring whether this definition is still relevant and effective.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So, are we saying Mr Lammy shouldn't be presenting on LBC, but rather Radio Two? Could he be the next Ken Bruce? 😬
But would he not slip in requests for Mr Starmer or Ms Harman etc. ! I wonder what music he would select maybe "Here's an oldie for you, from 1973, The Strawbs and 'Part of the Union' !! (It's on You Tube if you don't know it!).

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Anyone hear the opening of Marr's show? I thought he 'd lost the fuckin' plot. :LOL:

• Haha
Shame on you, Mr Marr. That's awful! It should be 'bored WITH' not 'bored OF' ! 🤓
Gotta laugh at Andrew, when he was at the BBC, holding all those politcians to account and talking about cover-ups etc. all the time he had an NDA out covering-up his own affair and love-child. Pot-Kettle and all that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Everybody is obviously enjoying this 'ice cream' hence no posts today!

Just thought I would mention a slight irritation on LBC. Obviously the instruction (from above) is that when announcing the news bulletins at quarter past /to and half hour to give out the newsreader's name. At the ToTH (top of the hour) they should at best just say "here is the news". Virtually everyday Nick F mentions the newsreader's name - they say it for themselves! If I was a newsreader I would say "I'm err Thomas ..." !!!

BTW There are more important things to be concerned about than the newsreader's name !!!

Reactions: 2
BTW There are more important things to be concerned about than the newsreader's name !!!
Yes, but this is show business daahling, name checks are very very important. Everyone needs to get their moment of fame doncha know. You probably think you have some idea of the ego levels in broadcasting ... quadruple what you think they are and you're halfway there. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh dear, Nick talking about the role played by Tom Watson and others, who supported Carl Beech in his unfounded accusations of child molesting against men, which caused them and their families so much distress. Wasn't just Tom Watson, was it, James? Perhaps it's a spot of payback for Jobbie's snide references to 'other presenters'.

Oh dear, Nick talking about the role played by Tom Watson and others, who supported Carl Beech in his unfounded accusations of child molesting against men, which caused them and their families so much distress. Wasn't just Tom Watson, was it, James? Perhaps it's a spot of payback for Jobbie's snide references to 'other presenters'.
I love the constant little digs they have at each other. :LOL:

I think the issue had been raised by the Prime Minister

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.