LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my. My first time listening to her and I have done something I don't often do. I have switched off and now listening to chill out music. It was a stream of callers (up until caller Christine) Boris bashing. The regulars including Tony from Doncaster, Claire from York who every time I hear her, is so angry and distressed. This time totally distressed by Boris's honours list. Especially an honour given to his hairdresser. Didn't David Cameron also honour his hairdresser?
What a wonderful way to begin a lovely sunny Sunday that must have been for you. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
David's on a double-bubble this weekend, neroli - or should I say a Lammy-whammy! So he'll be with you at 10am on Sunday as usual.
Oh blimey....but fortunately I will not be listening in as I'm off to Edinburgh for a couple of days shortly to celebrate my daughter's birthday! I'm sure he'll be relishing all the Boris bashing though.

• Heart
Thank you to whoever suggested Kisstory the other week as I have been enjoying listening to it 🎶🎶🎵

Taking me back a few years!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
On joy! We early birds will be woken by Marina Purkiss tomorrow 4-7am. Clicky off! 😖
Why on earth would they do that? Trying new things to fill the Steve hole?

Now there's no Steve most days I don't put lbc on. The early morning show for me set up my listening habits for the day.

• Heart
Who is worse? Marina or Myska ? Sangita seems to be laughing all the time, is it a nervous tick or something?

Reactions: 1
Oh my. My first time listening to her and I have done something I don't often do. I have switched off and now listening to chill out music. It was a stream of callers (up until caller Christine) Boris bashing. The regulars including Tony from Doncaster, Claire from York who every time I hear her, is so angry and distressed. This time totally distressed by Boris's honours list. Especially an honour given to his hairdresser. Didn't David Cameron also honour his hairdresser?

I felt Marina Purkiss was in her element with all the callers agreeing with her but the odd call that wasn't, she was out of her depth and cut them off quickly.

Christ, 4am sunday morning and sadsacks are up venting their bile.

Purkiss and Myska are two cheeks of the same arse. Vacuous click seeking whores.

I see Wee Jimmy Krankie has been arrested, just going to pop over to the other side to check on someone's welfare :)
---
I sometimes feel slightly guilty about how hard we are on Jobby. I don't want to initiate a discussion about his private life and family, but I occasionally read Mrs O'B's Twitter account and get the impression that one of their daughters has a serious health problem. But I don't believe that personal worries should account for the sheer nastiness of his comments on certain topics and people.

Thanks for the heads up, just had a read of her twitter account and it would be a strange topic to be so obsessed on if it's not borne of personal experience. You have to wish her and all her family well.

As I've stated many times, I don't listen to him, but it's impossible with the people I follow on twitter not to see bits from his show. He's utter poison, a boil on the arse of humanity peddling untrammelled hate for clicks. A POS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ian Payne had an interesting hour on antiques & collectibles.
Caller Jill had a lock of *Paul McCartney's hair after sneaking up behind him and cutting it off, she also had a cigarette butt from Georgie Fame, a shoe from a member of The Tremeloes and a tassle ripped from Engelbert Humperdinck's jacket :unsure:

*Jill later wrote to McCartney apologising for assaulting his bowl-cut.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Caller Jill had a lock of *Paul McCartney's hair after sneaking up behind him and cutting it off, she also had a cigarette butt from Georgie Fame, a shoe from a member of The Tremeloes and a tassle ripped from Engelbert Humperdinck's jacket :unsure:

I like Ian immensely. His choices of non-news topics generate interesting and funny calls, and when he does front page stories he listens to all points of view without judging the callers. Perhaps being in an off-peak slot allows him not to strive to be 'controversial' and have sound-bites peppering social media.

• Heart

If she wanted to sell that hair, how would she confirm it is his?

Nick makes me laugh ... you'd think Boris was wonderful listening to his first few guests. Rachel Jonhson ... "He was a very underrated PM". Ok. :rolleyes: Of course, Jobby will balance it out later I assume. Not much middle-ground on LBC between 7am and 7pm.

Catching up on Nick Abbot and if I was listening correctly ( I was half asleep) Gina Miller phoned in!

I did not dare switch on J O'B this morning. He was, no doubt like the cat that got the cream!

"... post your thread name suggestions and vote! " Hmm ... a difficult decision ;)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.