Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I really can't be dealing with anymore Brexit debates especially when it's just going around in circles like James does.

Reactions: 4

The Big One

Chatty Member
Attn Mr Lammy -

Ofcom has begun research to gauge audience attitudes towards politicians presenting current affairs programmes, amid the proliferation of such programmes of news broadcasters such as Talk TV and GB News.

Ofcom had also written to the DCMS to clarify rules surrounding politicians presenting TV and radio programmes, which currently states that no politician may be used as a newsreader, interviewer or reporter unless justified editorially.

Ofcom had stated late last year that politicians were allowed to front such shows outside of election periods, as the programmes are considered current affairs programmes rather than news. However, the regulator is now exploring whether this definition is still relevant and effective.

• Heart

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I found some Steve Allen podcasts on Spotify from Autumn 22. So funny. Talk about waffling on. He was an expert. Unique. About 80% talking about food! 👶🤣

• Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Tuned in about 11.30 am to hear the expectorator in chief bemoaning the fact that there were no calls with different opinions to his on the line. The surprise he expressed was as fake as his persona

They then went to a break and it was one from Darwood and Tanner advertising root canal surgery. Struck me as less painful (without anesthetic) as listening to a second more of his shite

• Haha

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Ian Payne has been channeling his inner Alan Gordon Partridge this last hour, lamenting the demise of the Great British Pub.
A fire crackling in the corner, beer & cricket, the smells, ripe language.
"listen": plays clip of chattering voices - "ambience that is...... ambience"
Live music and stage diving off the Bar
Ian mentions getting barred from several boozers for being loud :unsure:
Taking mother to the Pub on a Saturday then driving past the ex-wives house with REO Speedwagon blasting out of the Blaupunkt
"Take it on the run baby"

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I enjoyed fatty Ferrari this morning, quite an entertaining show. I never knew he was the man who brought 'topless darts' to the tv ... I haven't decided if that puts him up or down in my estimation! :ROFLMAO: 🧐

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Mogg is playing a character and it's pointless wasting your breath debating with him. Nasty man on a nasty channel. But I think I'm out of step with everyone else on this thread for right wingers so I'll respectfully avoid it from now on.
I actually agree with you there. There isn't any point arguing with people like Mogg IMO. I can't stand the man.

However, that interview/debate was shocking. He is a terrible presenter (couldn't read an autocue) but she is equally as awful. Smug and childish. was just waiting for a Miss Piggy swish of her hair. I'll give her a massive swerve on LBC.If that is the quality you get on GB News I'm glad I don't watch it. Dreadful (said in best Nick Abbot soundbite voice)

LBC is getting right on my nerves at the moment. I dipped in and out of James this morning then switched Shelagh off fairly early into her shift. Same old, same old. I did enjoy James' hour he did the other day on the work civil servants do but then again, he didn't do very much talking. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I don't think James got the reaction he was hoping for from caller Jaycee earlier. She was a Brexit voter and James tried his usual trick of trying to rile her but it didn't work.
Ha! I turned on the radio at this exact point! You could almost smell James' wet farts of excitement thinking he had a 'gammon' on the hook. I've known some people from Leicestershire, I was desperate for her to say: "I can tell immediately they aren't born here because they don't look inbred". (that's what I would say anyway about where I live in the East anyway). :LOL: I really am amazed though he hasn't been pulled-up for bullying at some point in his career, I truly am.

I think because James has been in his meeja luvvie bubble for so long his social-skills are ********. Of course you can on most occassions tell if someone was born and raised in the area you live. It's called having life experience.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
After decades of listening to LBC continually, when Steve Allen left I lost patience with the station and it's constant diet of of bad news and repetition of bad news and more bad news.....it's unhealthy. For heaven's sake, it's still Brexit this and Brexit that and Brexit the ruddy other, round and round and round. I miss Steve and Theo Usherwood but the rest, if ever it tune in, is so dull I turn off again immediately.

I'm radiostationless and I hate it.
I can't really disagree with anything you say. Another thing ... just because a show or a station has high ratings doesn't necessary mean it's good. I think The Jeremy Kyle show on TV had massive ratings and it was one of the most hateful depressing things I've ever fucking seen.

• Heart

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Nadine Dorries shoehorned into an hour about the shenanigans in Scotland
:rolleyes:
---
James claims to nothing about Scottish politics
:rolleyes:
Guaranteed a few Nicola cultists will be on the phone
---
Right on cue.....
---
Irene from Kirkintilloch can't get her heid around why Nicola stepped down 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It is a reminder that Nick Ferrari remains the Number One presenter on LBC

Also that Iain and Shelagh are considered a reliable pair of hands for big occasions.

Meanwhile James must feel rejected and dejected every time this happens.
It proves he is just a gob on stick. He's never brought out for any 'proper' stuff.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
JC saved his worst Jewish/Holocaust joke for the Grand Finale of one of his live shows a few years ago.The audience roared with laughter.
James belongs to that group of left leaning middle class that believe they are so forward thinking and liberal but are really very narrow minded and condescending to people who think differently to them.
---
Jobbie's in a good mood - he's got his blue tick back.🙄
Anyone with over 1 million followers got their ticks back today.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I really like Ali Miraj too and feel that he's wasted on the very early morning weekend shows. He's probably too good for LBC though and is in demand elsewhere? He's so much more engaging than Lammy and could easily take over his slot.

He's not an extreme woke left winger. No future for him in getting a daytime slot

Meanwhile, the Auditors of the SNP have resigned. Having been in that business for decades, it's not a decision that would be taken lightly

Can you guess if it's piqued the interest of the penis obsessives elsewhere ?

Björk - It's Oh So Quiet (Official 4K Music Video) - Bing video

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Steve will be so jealous! 😒

@IainDale

Yesterday morning I had a cheer me up call from Gyles Brandreth, and boy did I need it. Today I’ve had a lovely message from Cliff Richard. There’s a possibility I may be able to go home later, if I can prove to the physio I can manage stairs.

• Sick

karma4klattie

VIP Member
It's the 'footballification' of society (it's in my book). :rolleyes:

I missed Steve this morning, I woke up and wanted to be eased into the day only to have grim calls about gambling addiction. The doom and gloom is fucking relentless.
I've listened to nothing on LBC since Steve left other than hours and hours and hours of Steve Allen The Whole Shows. The more I listen the more I become aware how he artfully weaved such a broad spectrum of life into his chatter. He's old enough and sociable enough to have a wealth of experiences from his childhood, early jobs, friends, holidays, magic, politics, celebs and zlebs......... and talked about them all with insight and a mix of acidity and humour.

His pride in LBC was outstanding, he felt so involved, loyal and paternal, if LBC sacked him they're fools. If it was because of that prat Sam Smith it's unforgiveable.

I keep hoping Jonathan Shallit is working out a deal to get Steve onto an early morning slot on another radio station and I'll be happy to wake up at 4am to bask in his words! If you're reading this Steve, get busy and get back on the air.
---

[/QUOTE]
Ian Payne is awful in that 4-7am slot
I tried once, some abysmal woman caller screeching ignorant bile, I switched off.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I think I stayed about 15 / 20 minutes on the programme until I decided to switch over to LBC News.
I know we joke but he is utterly fixated by Brexit. As I said before, it's like when a partner leaves you for someone else and you just cannot move on. I don't know how much of it is an act of course and how much of it is real. I mean if it gets people calling in and listeners that's the point of the station right? It is pretty pointless though, what's done is done. At least for the foreseeable future.

• Heart