Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm settling into playing Steve's podcasts from the nearest date to 3 years ago. Country was at the start of the first lockdown, nobody really knew what was going to happen but Steve ploughed on serenely, turning up at the studio every day and musing on the minutiae of life, occasionally telling people not go out whilst 10 minutes later talking about his daily trips to Marks and Spencer and Waitrose
I was listening to a Nick Abbot podcast the other day and he was talking about there being a mini heatwave. I thought 'that will be nice' then realised the show was from 2019 :ROFLMAO: ... It's still the same bloody news though, 4 years later.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
No wonder LBC keep James well away from events like this.
What a joyless tome JOB's book will be. Honestly, what kind of miserable soul is it aimed at? Total vanity project. I'd rather read something by Mad Nad ... what does she write? Bodice rippers? At least they are probably fun. :rolleyes:

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Arrgghh, I miss hearing Steve in the morning. Why won't he do a podcast or anything? It was always enjoyable to hear his ramblings about life.

• Heart

FunkyPhil

I get that people were upset that the country voted to leave the EU. I get that they don't think it was in the best economic interests of the UK. I get it's their right in a democracy to still have a particular point of view

What I don't understand is their incessant whinging and blaming of everything on Brexit. Do they think that 7 years on they're going to suddenly change people's minds on what is the most polarised political issue in decades ? I voted to leave, I'd vote to leave again if there were another referendum tomorrow. It's reached the stage now where I actually feel sorry for people still feeling bitter. They're the kind of people who have to have someone or something to hate on. It's in their DNA.
Well said, wise owl! My view is that for it or agin it, Brexit is here and we should embrace it and stop knocking our country.

As to the weekend issues at Dover, it was a problem for a day or so and things are flowing freely again already. Passport clearance takes a little longer now, as was already the case going to non-EU countries, and it would seem the French under estimated the demand this weekend and will no doubt adapt to accommodate in future. The media likes to make it look like the sky is falling in, but it was just a small management blip exacerbated by some strikes in France itself.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Maybe hes's angling for a stint on this year's I'm A Celeb? He could bang on about his time in therapy and how he worked his way up to the dizzy heights of LBC with record breaking listening figures and accruing a host of celeb friends along the way..He won't forget his published works either..
Mental Health Awareness is a bloody good racket.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Myska started off her show by questioning why Abbott was suspended after she'd issued a half arsed 'the dog ate my homework' apology.

Don't remember the same leeway being offered to Lady Hussey (who actually resigned from her role) in the days and days and days of phone ins after the racist allegations made against her (heresay, dubious source)

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm sure she'll be eager to read the comments about her LBC debut on here then...We mustn't disappoint her.
Tattle is used by lazy journalists. It's easy to write negative stories about this site. Anyone who writes or works for the DM really can't talk. Pot, kettle and all that.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Broadcasters like James O'Brien and Nick Abbot aren't knocking our country, they're just criticising the corrupt, dishonest bunch of chancers that are currently in charge.
Do me a favour. Abbott was defending Corbyn last week. An anti semitic marxist who detests everything this country and the West stands for

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Well, only if you knew you were talking shite ... I think if you're honest and believe in what you say you'd have no problem. Obviously that's where Farage had a major problem. :LOL: Yes, having people to hold twats accountable is important ...just a shame James often has such an odious way of going about it. Oh well, better than nothing.
I thought that this morning actually. I agree with a lot of what he says but sometimes he sounds too pleased with himself. Today he sounded like he was relishing the Brexit situation in a big fat 'told you so' way.

Reactions: 4

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Oh my. My first time listening to her and I have done something I don't often do. I have switched off and now listening to chill out music. It was a stream of callers (up until caller Christine) Boris bashing. The regulars including Tony from Doncaster, Claire from York who every time I hear her, is so angry and distressed. This time totally distressed by Boris's honours list. Especially an honour given to his hairdresser. Didn't David Cameron also honour his hairdresser?

I felt Marina Purkiss was in her element with all the callers agreeing with her but the odd call that wasn't, she was out of her depth and cut them off quickly.

Christ, 4am sunday morning and sadsacks are up venting their bile.

Purkiss and Myska are two cheeks of the same arse. Vacuous click seeking whores.

I see Wee Jimmy Krankie has been arrested, just going to pop over to the other side to check on someone's welfare :)
---
I sometimes feel slightly guilty about how hard we are on Jobby. I don't want to initiate a discussion about his private life and family, but I occasionally read Mrs O'B's Twitter account and get the impression that one of their daughters has a serious health problem. But I don't believe that personal worries should account for the sheer nastiness of his comments on certain topics and people.

Thanks for the heads up, just had a read of her twitter account and it would be a strange topic to be so obsessed on if it's not borne of personal experience. You have to wish her and all her family well.

As I've stated many times, I don't listen to him, but it's impossible with the people I follow on twitter not to see bits from his show. He's utter poison, a boil on the arse of humanity peddling untrammelled hate for clicks. A POS.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Just picked this up from another site. Iain Dale will be off next week as he fell today at Waterloo underground station and broke his hip. He will be operated on on Monday.

• Sad

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
We know that James is very keen to quote the Financial Times. So what are his thoughts on this?

Our country is in a mess at the moment, there's no denying that but to make out the rest of Europe and the world is some sort of paradise is wrong.

I've just got back from a trip to Cyprus. Just before I went there was a thing going around on twitter about the cost of a jar of coffee in Morrisons being £9. In a supermarket in Paphos the same jar was €8.95. Several taxi drivers ( they are the same the world over 😝 ) were busy telling me about their cost of living crisis.Rents becoming unaffordable. Properties being built but only for the wealthy etc etc

However, I will concede their weather is much better and so are their tomatoes :ROFLMAO:

Yel

Chatty Member
Remember she previously broadcast on Twitter that she would never go on GB News. Perhaps she hoped that would be forgotten.

At least she wasn't as bad as Matt satdlen who declared he wouldn't go on there. Then someone from GB news replied to say he sent them his CV previously 😆

• Haha