Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
No, thank YOU Iain for voting Brexit. Most kind. :rolleyes: (Sorry, won't go there). I think that's the Corey who used to work with Steve? Steve obviously broke him in for Iain and taught him all the tricks. ;)
They were very chummy. Dunno who the bloke in the middle is.

1684404966453.png

• Sick
Reactions: 3

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I caught an hour of James today for the first time in a while and I thought it was a very interesting topic. He was discussing Suella Braverman being racist. Some very interesting callers with some great perspectives. Culture, history, Hindu v Muslim. It's obviously far more nuanced than 'gammons who voted for Brexit.'

I actually like Baroness Warsi. She was part of a Conservative party I understood and recognised.
Isn't everyone racist to one degree or another, it seems like it could be some sort of an evolutionary imperative ?... I'd like to hear the views of an anthropologist. But then again, I'm a racist gammon so I would say that. :ROFLMAO:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Oh my. My first time listening to her and I have done something I don't often do. I have switched off and now listening to chill out music. It was a stream of callers (up until caller Christine) Boris bashing. The regulars including Tony from Doncaster, Claire from York who every time I hear her, is so angry and distressed. This time totally distressed by Boris's honours list. Especially an honour given to his hairdresser. Didn't David Cameron also honour his hairdresser?
What a wonderful way to begin a lovely sunny Sunday that must have been for you. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The problem for James is that he would have festered on yesterday's news ( Euro area recession and asylum seeker attack in France)
He set out the rules for the phone in this morning as ... let's talk about Trump hoarding documents at home, but don't bother calling in talking about Biden hoarding documents in his garage. I mean, where to start. :rolleyes:

Redvers36

VIP Member
Geezus ... bad time to tune in. Caller to James: "I find discussions about Brexit triggering ... I've got a mental health disorder ... I have clinical depression ...". Sometimes you just can't help people can you ... why on EARTH if you have those problems would you listen to O'Brien? I'm lost for words. I turned off for a bit in the hope it was someone playing a joke.

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
James' whole show so far is him talking about himself and defending himself. It's so fucking self-absorbed. Geezus, what does he do in therapy? Whatever it is it isn't enough. Christ. He needs to get off Twitter and out of his gated-community. Click off. Boring as fuck.

Yel

Chatty Member
Steve must be friendly with certain agencies or certain people so won't say anything about schofe other than saying it won't be the same. He'd struggle broadcasting at the moment with that being the main story.

Is Jonathan Shalit involved? Steve was always mentioning him.

Yel

Chatty Member
On joy! We early birds will be woken by Marina Purkiss tomorrow 4-7am. Clicky off! 😖
Why on earth would they do that? Trying new things to fill the Steve hole?

Now there's no Steve most days I don't put lbc on. The early morning show for me set up my listening habits for the day.

• Heart

neroli

VIP Member
David's on a double-bubble this weekend, neroli - or should I say a Lammy-whammy! So he'll be with you at 10am on Sunday as usual.
Oh blimey....but fortunately I will not be listening in as I'm off to Edinburgh for a couple of days shortly to celebrate my daughter's birthday! I'm sure he'll be relishing all the Boris bashing though.

• Heart

i10gal

I wonder how many 'emotional' callers will on today. There's already been one just now ... she was 'shaking with rage'. It's only 6:30am ffs ... is it a full moon this week or something? They are letting on some right ones this week. I expect a full 2 hours of Sheila encouraging callers to ring-in and talk about not being able to visit their dying mother in the care home. Will this blood-letting never fucking end? The problem is, even if Boris' head was put on a spike on Westerminster Bridge and the UK rejoined the EU certain presenters on LBC would be still be raging against the machine and stuck in a permenant doom-loop ... it's almost as if they enjoy it. :rolleyes:
The caller Claire who I think you are referring to was on the same time a couple of mornings ago with the exact same rage about Suella. People who react this way over these trivial issues (trivial in the sense of all the other shit that is going on right now) need to get a life. The guy who called saying he was reading a story of a 16 year old boy being shot in the street in the middle of the day hit the nail on the head. These are the areas where our police should be putting all their resources.

Interesting a couple of callers saying this could actually backfire spectacularly for the lefties 😁

neroli

VIP Member
David is a Christian with Christian values.......untii he finds himself wracked in terminal pain, I would hazard a guess? All very well to pontificate when in good health.

• Heart