LBC Chit Chat #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caught the last hour of O'brien and he's waffling away and greasing his chums, meanwhile reports from UK/US Intelligence say that Iran's Revolutionary Guard are on the ground fighting alongside Russian troops in Crimea now.
Had hoped a renowned, informed broadcaster might have talked about it.
:rolleyes:

Caught the last hour of O'brien and he's waffling away and greasing his chums, meanwhile reports from UK/US Intelligence say that Iran's Revolutionary Guard are on the ground fighting alongside Russian troops in Crimea now.
LBC should form a sister station just focused on UK politics, it's bleeping ridiculous. Do they not have to fulfill some kind of remit to hold a broadcasting licence? Like 'broad and balanced current affairs' ...It's just Boris and Brexit for 14 hrs and the rest is what Steve Allen has been eating and buying.

Reactions: 1
LBC should form a sister station just focused on UK politics, it's bleeping ridiculous. Do they not have to fulfill some kind of remit to hold a broadcasting licence? Like 'broad and balanced current affairs' ...It's just Boris and Brexit for 14 hrs and the rest is what Steve Allen has been eating and buying.
LBC need more 'open phone-ins', an hour or two on any subject, get it off your chest stuff, daily life, tv, movies, anything goes.
Play the odd bit of music while the presenter goes to the loo.
Won't happen though.
Every single show on LBC is the same, except Allen & occasionally Abbot when he feels like it, which is rare.
I've been listening to stations in the US, Canada, Australia lately, far more entertaining, imo.

Reactions: 3
Oh with your Internet radio? Oooh get you. :rolleyes::LOL:
Talking about recommending stuff, Steve mentioned the other day he had bought a cordless tyre inflater/compressor thing from Costco for the Bentley. I can highly recommend them. We have one and they're brilliant and much better than faffing about at a petrol station.

I think Shelagh wants to talk about something different too. She'd rather talk about Brigerton 2 apparently 🤣

Nick Abbott should be interesting tonight with the talk of Boris possibly returning as PM. He will be spitting feathers along with Darren A, Shelagh and JOB. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just seen in the other place that Darren Adam labelled the 160,000 members of the Conservative Party as 'certifiable lunatics'. Him, O'Brien, Fogerty and even Swarbrick have had hyperbole at level 9 this week. That comment however is just ridiculous.

Reactions: 6
James lives in fear of calls like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just seen in the other place that Darren Adam labelled the 160,000 members of the Conservative Party as 'certifiable lunatics'. Him, O'Brien, Fogerty and even Swarbrick have had hyperbole at level 9 this week. That comment however is just ridiculous.
Well done sugarbabe who managed to show 'snowdrop' (!) how silly she is - although that is not difficult !

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just watched the film version of The Sweeney and in it there is quite a blast from the LBC past.

There is a fairly long section where Regan is in bed with Diane Keen and they have LBC ( Douglas Cameron) on the radio.

• Heart
People like that never realise that those types of sweeping comments and generalisation are seriously unhelpful. It just makes people double down and dig their heels in. What's the quickest way to get someone to stop engaging with you? Call them a lunatic.

Reactions: 1
Quite sickening to hear wife-beater Stanley Johnson on LBC. Anyone else who hit women (and allegedly groped Caroline Noakes MP) wouldn't be given a platform.

I was flicking around (I'm just about to give the politics a miss for 48hrs) and heard Sangita Myska call someone a racist after they hung up. Is that allowed? She was clearly quite upset by the caller ... but surely she can't say that? Anyway ... It amazes me how wound-up some of the hosts seem to be about Boris considering they are part of the problem with regards to partisan politics. It's quite tiresome.

On the other thread Bangla is back and Brexiteers are now Jiddahists 🤬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.