LBC Chit Chat #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on here LBC Chit Chatters. A new thread for a new day.

What is going on with the podcasts at LBC? Nick Abbot has gone Global only. Steve Allen is hit and miss. He's sometimes on Global only and sometimes on my regular podcast provider. they're the only two I do but seems a bit of a mess. I'm assuming some changes are afoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Thank you Fenella

It is an odd start from James as he confesses to using other people's ideas and claiming he thought them up...

What is it about successful women that triggers him so much?

Reactions: 4
I'm surprised Steve hasn't got this stored in his I'm An Expert About About London file.:
Today in 1814 the London Beer Flood saw 1.4 million litres of beer burst out of Meux's Brewery, near what is now Tottenham Court Rd tube station. A 5m high wave of porter demolished flimsy buildings and killed nine people.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm surprised Steve hasn't got this stored in his I'm An Expert About About London file.:
Today in 1814 the London Beer Flood saw 1.4 million litres of beer burst out of Meux's Brewery, near what is now Tottenham Court Rd tube station. A 5m high wave of porter demolished flimsy buildings and killed nine people.
What a way to go though! 🀣

• Haha
Thank you Fenella

It is an odd start from James as he confesses to using other people's ideas and claiming he thought them up...

What is it about successful women that triggers him so much?
can only suggest its jealousy as well as having the world's biggest chip on his shoulder. He’s the type of person that, we all know, can never be happy for anyone, has always got to be one better, always has to blame someone else for everything, ultimately is just a bitter and lonely person. Prolly has also got serious attachment issues.

ps Thank you Fenella

Reactions: 3
This is one of the reasons why I haven't really listened to LBC for a couple of days ( apart from Steve) because I can't listen to this nonsense anymore. Why give them air time and publicity?🀬

Also, while I think Sir Mark Rowley is a wet fish Nick asking him if he can guarantee there isn't another Wayne Couzens in the Met was a stupid question. He should have replied ' I can give about as much of a guarantee there isn't as you can about the staff at Global'.

can only suggest its jealousy as well as having the world's biggest chip on his shoulder. He’s the type of person that, we all know, can never be happy for anyone, has always got to be one better, always has to blame someone else for everything, ultimately is just a bitter and lonely person. Prolly has also got serious attachment issues.
I think it says a lot that James was a showbiz reporter in a tabloid newsapaper, you've only got to look at the list of people who have held a similar role going all the way back to Jonathan King. The bit I heard this morning was him describing how he used to pick out the worst photos of celebs in order to fit the story; it takes a special kind of bleep to enjoy that sort of work.

Reactions: 6
This is one of the reasons why I haven't really listened to LBC for a couple of days ( apart from Steve) because I can't listen to this nonsense anymore. Why give them air time and publicity?🀬

Also, while I think Sir Mark Rowley is a wet fish Nick asking him if he can guarantee there isn't another Wayne Couzens in the Met was a stupid question. He should have replied ' I can give about as much of a guarantee there isn't as you can about the staff at Global'.
I agree wholeheartedly. The media should ignore them, the police should ignore them, we should all ignore them. They will soon get fed up. As Mike Graham said this morning, people climb the Sydney Harbour bridge and the police don't shut everything down. We are far too soft in this Country. Unfortunately they are all over the media and that is exactly what they want.

I can no longer listen to LBC between 10 and 4 so have Talk Radio on and it is the same on there too, even giving them interview times.

Reactions: 5
We are far too soft in this Country.
I don't think it's a case of being 'soft' more of a case of those in 'control' seem to be incompetent! In a way it all comes down from the top, look at the govt. utterly paralysed with incompetence ... the police seem to be unable to make any decisions either ... a bit of snow/leaves/rain and the trains stop running. I swear other countries deal with things in a better way, there's no leadership anywhere, nobody wants to make a decision. At least that's what it looks like.

Put it this way, if two people can bring one of the main/busiest roads into and out of London to a grinding halt for almost 2 days there has to be a problem elsewhere ... are there no contingencies for this sort of thing? I mean, come on.

Listened to Steve yesterday for a while, tbh it was a break from the politics and the Christmas prosecco talk made me feel a bit normal for a minute.

If the Tories have lost Nick and Iain I think the games probably up. I'm really enjoying Andrew Marr's show and insights. I was critical at first but I think he's been worth every penny given the chaos of this year.

I could tell times were bad this weekend when Jeremy Hunt was on Andrew Castles show - it must have been really touch and go.

Reactions: 1
Listened to Steve yesterday for a while, tbh it was a break from the politics and the Christmas prosecco talk made me feel a bit normal for a minute.

If the Tories have lost Nick and Iain I think the games probably up. I'm really enjoying Andrew Marr's show and insights. I was critical at first but I think he's been worth every penny given the chaos of this year.

I could tell times were bad this weekend when Jeremy Hunt was on Andrew Castles show - it must have been really touch and go.
Andrew Marr's a good broadcaster, I enjoyed his tv series a few years back, The History of Britain, bbc4 sometimes still show it.

I think Marr has settled into LBC very well and he still gets to enjoy the big events as they bring him in other shows when necessary.

Oooooh an eco protester sacrifice :)
Something worth tuning in for at last πŸ₯³πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ₯‚πŸŽ†πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ•Ί

It is all kicking off in Parliament. Tomorrows shows should be good. Shelagh's head is going to explode.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.