Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
O'Brien is calling people fascists and seems to want anyone to be able to cross the channel and book a hotel at our expense...

If life is as good in Europe as he claims and so bad here why are people fleeing Europe?
He would soon learn to hate it if Albanian gangs were setting up cannabis farms next door to him like they are doing around the country, especially up north. He lives in a nice and cushy neighborhood where there is little to no crime. He has no idea what life is like outside his leafy suburb.

Many people have nothing against people being here legally and contributing in a good and healthy way, but who the hell knows what kind of people are coming across. It's not sustainable and it's damaging when people in the media like James are so open arms and liberal about migration. He is sheltered from it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Nick had a caller who thought stations needed staff on the platforms to help people who might not be coping too well. She mentioned an old gent she'd seen this morning who was having problems finding his way to Twickenham. A bit later Nick read out a text asking if it could have been Steve Allen! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
"I can't imagine what it must feel like to live in a state of constant fury and rage". ~ James O'Brien.

...And the award for 'lack of self-awareness' goes too ...

• Haha

thewittowoo

Therapy appears to consist of you being persuaded that nothing is ever your fault, everyone who disagrees with you is misguided or ignorant and that it's up to them to conform to your view of the world

Explains a lot.

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I really like Richard Spurr. I wish he was on more often and at a more accessible time. He's always pleasant, has a wide range of interests and doesn't have any axes to grind. He's been discussing education; one of his callers was an autistic man. Richard had a long informative chat with him without being patronising and using a special 'sympathetic' voice like a certain other presenter does in such cases.

Reactions: 8

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Lammy getting hammered by Ferrari this morning ... :LOL: He said yesterday that trades-persons could use the underground to get to work, so some poor reporter is at a tube station with a ladder, tools, and bucket etc. to attempt it. Lammy needs to be ridiculed, he's clueless and loving the poitical gravy-train.

Reactions: 7

thewittowoo

Steve Allen is having trouble with the V.A.T man, he can't get talking to a human, just an automated computer which thinks there are 2 Steve Allen's using his V.A.T details.
😁

He once read out how he calculates the figures on his VAT returns. It wasn't correct so I tried to help him by pointing it out on twitter. He blocked me instantly

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Jobbie's irony-ometer on the blink again. Clarkson's comments about Moaning Meg are nasty and shouldn't have been printed, but are they any worse than comparing people you dislike to excrement? 'Farridge' comes in for most of them: 'unflushable turd' and 'skidmark on the nation's underpants' are a couple which regularly turn up.
He also belongs to the group who blame every insult leveled at Markle as racism. It isn't! Nobody cares about her ancestry. It's because she's a spiteful, self-serving bitch.
Bloody hell, he's got a caller who thinks there could be a connection to Clarkson attending a lunch with Camilla.

Last edited:

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Thank God for Steve talking rubbish. I don't want to hear callers moaning on about current affairs. Steve has a baseball cap which lights up. That's what we want to hear at Christmas! ✨

• Haha
  • Heart

i10gal

I am sick now of hearing this Royal Family racial story. It has been non stop for over 24 hours now. It is just inflating more divide. There are two sides to every story and we have only heard one side. We probably all have our own definition of racism which will be different depending on who you speak to. Speaking to my hubby over dinner re this, we both see racism different.

Melanysus

I don't either usually, but he really is a bitter person. I think he needs serious help, and LBC need a massive overhaul, he's far too angry and bitter for mid-morning radio.
I have a relative who loves the living daylights out of James O'Brien, listening to him religiously and regurgitating his viewpoints whenever there's a debate or argument. I, on the other hand, have to resist the crippling urge to gouge out my eardrums whenever I hear O'Brien's depressive, whiny, and curmudgeonly diatribe blare out of speakers. And don't get me started on his arrogance, thick and viscid enough to cut through like cake. He's enough to make one become a chronic alcoholic from drowning out the sorrow that ensues listening to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Sums it up
There was guy on with Shelagh yesterday from the Huffington Post talking about Kier Starmer and immigration. He was busy saying that KS had got it wrong because Labour voters were very pro immigration etc etc ... I thought now who's out of touch. Why do they think the Red Wall fell so spectacularly?

The likes of James take the London bubble as being the correct and proper way whilst Red Wall Northerners are thick and don't know what they're voting for.

i10gal

Steve Steve Steve. I don't eat fried food 😂 I only have a KFC once a month.
What about all the McDonalds and Greggs bacon sandwiches he eats? Steve obviously has no idea of what foods are fried.
Steve buys packs of 3 Helmanns Mayo from Costco
Steve loves taking his pants off 😲

• Haha

i10gal

I quite enjoy Nick on a Friday and Saturday night. He can be quite funny as can his callers. He does get grumpy and petulant though when someone has a different opinion to him and he is never wrong.

Strange how he has such a good relationship with Carol McGiffin especially as she was a Brexiteer.

Did anyone hear Richard Spurr this morning? He was talking about dating and a caller rang and started the conversation which she mentioned her late fiance. She was speaking about the wonderful relationship they had and started to cry. I knew he hadn't picked up that she used the word late and he was gushing how wonderful, you are crying tears because you are so happy. 😖. One of those moments when you are listening thinking Oh No as you can hear what is about to happen.

• Wow

thewittowoo

Just seen in the other place that Darren Adam labelled the 160,000 members of the Conservative Party as 'certifiable lunatics'. Him, O'Brien, Fogerty and even Swarbrick have had hyperbole at level 9 this week. That comment however is just ridiculous.