LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shelagh is from Liverpool, the citizens of which have never forgiven Boris for a 2004 leader in the Spectator magazine, when he was Editor. It suggested drunken fans were responsible for the Hillsborough disaster and described Liverpudlians as: ".....seeing themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it."
Aaah it all starts to make sense now ... she's got Irish parentage, so has O'Brien and Mair is scottish ... I suspect that's where all the anti British/Tory comes from. It does make me chuckle, they all secrectly (or not so secretly) despise England and 'Englishness' yet choose to work and live here, usually in the Tory heartlands of the South.

Reactions: 4
I had a listen to Andrew Pierce yesterday, tuned in and he was again talking about slavery, royal family and reparations. I swear he was talking about that a couple weeks ago since William and Kate's visit to the Caribbean.

I tuned in to LBC just now and they are once again talking about the same subject. Do LBC just rehash subjects every couple weeks? I have turned off now. It's the same stuff we keep hearing about and it just leads to the same old conversations we've heard a hundred times.

Reactions: 2
Shelagh is from Liverpool, the citizens of which have never forgiven Boris for a 2004 leader in the Spectator magazine, when he was Editor. It suggested drunken fans were responsible for the Hillsborough disaster and described Liverpudlians as: ".....seeing themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it."
She is, surprisingly, a liberal through and through. Being from Liverpool you would expect her to be a firm Labourite but she has said previously she has never voted Labour in her life.

She is a bit like myself in that she was heavily influenced by the Derek Hatton years. She's mentioned it before. Also said it made her very wary of strikes and strike action.

Boris has no friends in Liverpool.

Anyway, whilst she's going on about party gate she not on one of her anti men rants.

Reactions: 3
New to the LBC Threads but need to vent about Shelagh Fogarty. Is there any hope of a show soon where she does NOT make the topic "Should Boris still be PM?" Or "How annoyed are you by Patygate?"
I don't think she is alone. I think I have heard mention of it on all programmes that I have heard.

PS Welcome Skewbedu to the thread. I can hear those words now ...."first time poster to the thread" !!!!!

Oh blimey. Is that what it all goes back to? She is as obsessed as Jobbie. I know it’s been said many times before but a regular daily diet of JOB mornings and SF afternoons really would drive a person to the brink of insanity and beyond.

Does anyone know where she stands on the trans issue? There was a woman on the other day during one of her many “isn’t Boris crap” discussions who somehow manage to steer the conversation on to Starmer’s inability to define what a woman is, and Shelagh kind of laughed in an agreeing resigned sort of way.

(Welcome Skewbedu! 😊)

Last edited:
Does anyone know where she stands on the trans issue? There was a woman on the other day during one of her many “isn’t Boris crap” discussions who somehow manage to steer the conversation on to Starmer’s inability to define what a woman is, and Shelagh kind of laughed in an agreeing resigned sort of way.
I think that will have been the lady who said that all there was to vote for was 'liars and biology deniers'.

Shelagh is an ardent feminist so I think I can guess which side she is on.

LBC has some absolutely brilliant broadcasters such as James O’Brien and Eddie Mair who are bookended in the day by some of the worst, right wing, xenophobic rubbish like Nick Ferrari and Andrew Pierce

I suppose it offers balance but the gulf in quality can be huge

• Haha
LBC has some absolutely brilliant broadcasters such as James O’Brien and Eddie Mair who are bookended in the day by some of the worst, right wing, xenophobic rubbish like Nick Ferrari and Andrew Pierce

I suppose it offers balance but the gulf in quality can be huge
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Quality is subjective. It largely depends on whether you agree with the presenters views for not.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Eddie Mair. I wonder if they will use one of new big guns they've signed from the BBC.

Reactions: 6
Petrie Hosken who used to present on LBC is moving from BBC Radio London to Talk TV (channel 237 on Freeview) from Monday.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Quality is subjective. It largely depends on whether you agree with the presenters views for not.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Eddie Mair. I wonder if they will use one of new big guns they've signed from the BBC.
Eddie Mair will be a big miss but they have Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel to find a slot for, it’ll be interesting where they put them - I’m not sure LBC have put Andrew Marr on the best time slot

People like Maitlis will hopefully hold some of the media trained government ministers to account during questioning as opposed to Ferrari who pats them on the head and flirts with them

Eddie Mair will be a big miss but they have Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel to find a slot for, it’ll be interesting where they put them - I’m not sure LBC have put Andrew Marr on the best time slot

People like Maitlis will hopefully hold some of the media trained government ministers to account during questioning as opposed to Ferrari who pats them on the head and flirts with them
I agree with you about Ferrari in as much as he doesn't hold the ministers to account as much as he should. I suppose it's getting the balance right. There's a reason why literally no one apart from Sadiq Khan will go on with James O'Brien. O'Briens style is too combative and aggressive. It just gets right up peoples noses.

The likes of Marr, Mair, Burley, Maitlis, Neil all manage to ask pertinent questions and make the the interviewee squirm without getting them to a point where they refuse to go on the show.

Reactions: 1
I think that will have been the lady who said that all there was to vote for was 'liars and biology deniers'.

Shelagh is an ardent feminist so I think I can guess which side she is on.
That was the very lady. Quite a funny call I thought.
An ardent feminist in her 50s? yes I can guess too.

Decided to turn on Nick and have a listen. Made me laugh when he spoke about Steve Allen leaving gum drops in the food cupboard and bad fruit lol. Not that he's complaining (in his own words) of course haha.

Jon Sopel got shunted-off to Washington because no one at the BBC in London could stand working with him. So it'll be interesting to see how long he lasts before someone punches him. :p

• Haha
It is Sunday morning so it is time to relax and perhaps spend some time with your family and enjoy life. Or...

Decided to turn on Nick and have a listen. Made me laugh when he spoke about Steve Allen leaving gum drops in the food cupboard and bad fruit lol. Not that he's complaining (in his own words) of course haha.
I was listening to Fridays show last night and between him and Steve Allen I'm going to have to find some bloody nadicots and try them out!! 🍊

It is Sunday morning so it is time to relax and perhaps spend some time with your family and enjoy life. Or...

He’s not wrong though, in past governments people like Priti Patel, Oliver Dowden or Nadine Dorries would be nowhere near ministerial positions

Sounds like you don’t mind be governed by idiots

I was listening to Fridays show last night and between him and Steve Allen I'm going to have to find some bloody nadicots and try them out!! 🍊
I didn't listen to the whole show last night. I only tuned in around 12am, but someone text in mentioning eye operation to Nick. What were they talking about, do you know? Has Nick had an eye op? Sounded like he had.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.