LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on chit chatting here folks ..... This was the last post from previous thread.

God he's such a frustrated luvvie. Why doesn't he just be true to himself and run away to join the circus or find himself a nice sailor. He's living a lie ... I'm convinced of it.
I listened to Lammy this morning and I definitely think he's in the wrong profession. His delivery is some sort of mix of courtroom and stage. Elongated pauses. Staccato delivery. It's quite painful.

I think he was very surprised at how many callers thought Rwanda was a good idea for asylum seekers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Oh what a new thread ! It is my usual quest to remember how to bookmark a new one !

I think I have got it ... by George, he has got it - the cut out ticket symbol at the top. Now will I remember that for part 6?!!

"the UK is a very unimportant small racist island that is failing in virtually every industry" maybe Natasha Devon should have filled in for James OB? Or maybe he vetoed her incase she took his slot 😆

Reactions: 3
"the UK is a very unimportant small racist island that is failing in virtually every industry" maybe Natasha Devon should have filled in for James OB? Or maybe he vetoed her incase she took his slot 😆
Can't stand ND. She's all a bit holier than thou. I think you're right though. James would feel very threatened by her.

It was very odd the cover they had for JOB. They were all labour people and apart from Rachel Reeves, all London based.

Reactions: 2
I think he was very surprised at how many callers thought Rwanda was a good idea for asylum seekers.
What did he think of the idea then? I assume he finds it all deeply racist, like everything else on the planet.

Can't stand ND. She's all a bit holier than thou. I think you're right though. James would feel very threatened by her.
I lasted 10 minutes of ND. I. just. can’t. with these people. Agree that James would be extremely threatened.

Reactions: 1
What did he think of the idea then? I assume he finds it all deeply racist, like everything else on the planet.
He was so traumatised he was glad he didn't have to do any media yesterday :rolleyes:

The problem with JOB and Lammy is I often agree with them but cannot stand the histrionics. It's genuinely off putting.

I can’t be doing with people like David Lammy who dislike Great Britain and always trying to slag it off

I can’t be doing with people like David Lammy who dislike Great Britain and always trying to slag it off
Not sure if you heard Natasha Devon last evening, I had to turn off, she had a mini-meltdown calling Britain a 'Silly little Island full of silly little racists'. I was actually taken-aback a bit. Calm down love, bleeping hell. Yes, there are a few narrow-minded people here and our economy, like many, isn't in the greatest shape. But bleeping hell ... move to China if you don't like it. Talk about clueness. Not sure what her background is, or her personal life but the way she said it suggested to me that something wasn't going very well in her life and that she was projecting.

It’s so sad that these people are so keen to slag off the U.K. constantly. Of course we need critical thinking and new dynamic ideas, but that’s absolutely not what DL or ND or JOB ever offer, it’s never about ideas, just constant depressing negativity and criticism. Surely a little cultural, global and historical awareness needs to come into play too? From that perspective living in the U.K. in the early 21st century, of all times and places in history, is a pretty bloody fortunate place to be.

It’s so sad that these people are so keen to slag off the U.K. constantly. Of course we need critical thinking and new dynamic ideas, but that’s absolutely not what DL or ND or JOB ever offer, it’s never about ideas, just constant depressing negativity and criticism. Surely a little cultural, global and historical awareness needs to come into play too? From that perspective living in the U.K. in the early 21st century, of all times and places in history, is a pretty bloody fortunate place to be.
I agree, they just moan and it’s why I no longer listen to LBC. I’ve left BBC 4 (years ago) too and listen to Times radio which is much more balanced.

Not sure if you heard Natasha Devon last evening, I had to turn off, she had a mini-meltdown calling Britain a 'Silly little Island full of silly little racists'. I was actually taken-aback a bit. Calm down love, bleeping hell. Yes, there are a few narrow-minded people here and our economy, like many, isn't in the greatest shape. But bleeping hell ... move to China if you don't like it. Talk about clueness. Not sure what her background is, or her personal life but the way she said it suggested to me that something wasn't going very well in her life and that she was projecting.
I hate people making stupid fuckin sweeping statements like that. I neither know or care who Natasha Devon is. Look at the response to the people of Ukraine by the UK, it’s been solid. Britain has its issues, but there is no where culturally, historically, etc I’d rather be. The freedom here is brilliant, the Police can’t even come in your house with good reason, amazing laws of protection, NHS, security (places like GCHQ) and our armed forces.

Last edited:
Steve Allen being Steve Allen.

Slags of professional acts appearing on Britain's Got Talent 'they've got a successful career in America!' . Totally fails to mention his big pal Paul Zerdin who went on to win America's Got Talent who has had a successful career in the UK for donkey's years. :ROFLMAO:

Slags of professional acts appearing on Britain's Got Talent 'they've got a successful career in America!' . Totally fails to mention his big pal Paul Zerdin who went on to win America's Got Talent who has had a successful career in the UK for donkey's years. :ROFLMAO:
I find Steve a little creepy what with all his young male producers etc. etc. I guess it's just me. I get that he's an old gay man from a bygone age, but if he was a straight man always going on about young female producers there would be hell to pay.

I've watched the clip mentioned above and have to question - Is Natasha OK? I get having and expressing an opinion which won't always be positive however calling a whole country a 'silly little island' and branding everyone as racist is odd. I wonder if there's a mental health issue going on there or something because I don't believe someone who is truly happy would say something like that.

She also always looks like she's chewing a wasp in the videos that LBC put out and I think that's the main issue I have with both her & JOB rather than simply disagreeing with their politics. They just don't come across very pleasant.

I've watched the clip mentioned above and have to question - Is Natasha OK? I get having and expressing an opinion which won't always be positive however calling a whole country a 'silly little island' and branding everyone as racist is odd. I wonder if there's a mental health issue going on there or something because I don't believe someone who is truly happy would say something like that.

She also always looks like she's chewing a wasp in the videos that LBC put out and I think that's the main issue I have with both her & JOB rather than simply disagreeing with their politics. They just don't come across very pleasant.
That's the first time I've seen her. Wow, I had a completely different idea in my head on how she looked. LOL. Isn't that funny. Now I kinda get it ... I don't think she's 'unpleasant' per se, but just very angry about something ... a bit like James. What they are angry about we'll never know I guess.

I find Steve a little creepy what with all his young male producers etc. etc. I guess it's just me. I get that he's an old gay man from a bygone age, but if he was a straight man always going on about young female producers there would be hell to pay.
Lol he does hang out with Cory a lot.

Totally fails to mention his big pal Paul Zerdin who went on to win America's Got Talent who has had a successful career in the UK for donkey's years. :ROFLMAO:
I have just Googled him, as I admit I have never heard of him before - but then I don't watch Britain / America's Got Talent !

I have just Googled him, as I admit I have never heard of him before - but then I don't watch Britain / America's Got Talent !
All magicians are creepy. Usually socially awkward men who take it up in an attempt to attract women. Strange, strange people.

• Haha

I've just seen the act on BGT and I agree with Steve. There is no way they should have been on it. Brilliant but not quite in the spirit of the show.

This morning, Andrew Castle had a call from Colin from Windsor (see post #4116 on the 'other site'). Could that be our 'friend' ?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.