LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sermon on the Mount O'brien coming up....

I'm on the frontline every day
Bearing the brunt of things
:rolleyes:
The guy is so far up his own backside, most ordinary folk are just getting on with life trying to pay the bills James, they don't have the time to sit in a bath of politics every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Sermon on the Mount O'brien coming up....

I'm on the frontline every day
Bearing the brunt of things
:rolleyes:
The guy is so far up his own backside, most ordinary folk are just getting on with life trying to pay the bills James, they don't have the time to sit in a bath of politics every day.
Already promoting his shite books ... he's only been back an hour ffs. This bloke is beyond needy. I doubt he needs the money ... just the cache of saying 'I have a best selling book' (not that that means it's any good, often the opposite). Needy needy needy.

Reactions: 4
Already promoting his shite books ... he's only been back an hour ffs. This bloke is beyond needy. I doubt he needs the money ... just the cache of saying 'I have a best selling book' (not that that means it's any good, often the opposite). Needy needy needy.
Apparently if you impress him on his Thursday mystery hour you now get a copy of his board game as a prize. 😁

Simon "travel expert" Calder seems to pop up everywhere, does he get paid for every single interview or soundbite he gives on radio/tv?
If so, he must be worth a fortune.
I don't know how it works. I suppose if he is giving an interview then he charges for that. He used to have a Sunday afternoon programme on LBC, which was quite popular, and obviously he would have been paid for that.

Apparently if you impress him on his Thursday mystery hour you now get a copy of his board game as a prize. 😁
I think it is only one 'lucky' caller that gets that. Others have to have a Ray Kinsella quote !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I know Simon Calder is a travel editor, so maybe it's more of a case of it attracts more people to his articles and gets clicks the more he's visible. He does irritate me a little though, simply because he is somewhere abroad every week/other week lol

Reactions: 2
It was good to hear Nick Ferrari back this morning although I do agree that he need to bring his views on home working into 2022.

James meanwhile seems to be completely trapped in the past and just wants to call people names. There is no balance because whilst I do not like the partygate events much it is also true that the Russia conspiracy theories that James has so publicly backed look like codswallop now.

The doom and gloom has started and I am intrigued by this from James as he latches onto bad news. If it is slavery here what is Russia doing?

Hi, everyone! Has anybody else been getting strange bits during the ad sections for the last couple of weeks? It's like an advert, but in a foreign language I can't pin down. It sounds like it's meant to be a woman talking on a phone, but there's no context or anything to explain it.

Hi, everyone! Has anybody else been getting strange bits during the ad sections for the last couple of weeks? It's like an advert, but in a foreign language I can't pin down. It sounds like it's meant to be a woman talking on a phone, but there's no context or anything to explain it.
I haven't noticed anything weird. How are you listening to LBC?

Does this only happen during Nick Ferrari's morning show?

I had the misfortune of catching about 15. Minutes of JOB yesterday. He seemed to be highly amused by his own “satirical “ Woke-watch segment which I guess is a regular feature designed to show us all that people who complain about “woke” are are just deluded, racist, transphobic etc etc. As with all things Jobbie there was no attempt to understand or explore - he just wants to make people look like fools. Needless to say it wasn’t remotely clever or funny.

I also can’t imagine the very experienced Theo Usherwood enjoys being introduced by JOB yelling “Summon the Usherwood!” He seems to have an ongoingly weird mocking sort of relationship with Theo, maybe because Theo is a proper journalist who knows much more than he does about politics? I’m convinced that on some level the wannabe proper journo inside Jobbie knows that what he does for a living, even if it pays for his lovely home in Chiswick, is utter tosh.

Last edited:
I had the misfortune of catching about 15. Minutes of JOB yesterday. He seemed to be highly amused by his own “satirical “ Woke-watch segment which I guess is a regular feature designed to show us all that people who complain about “woke” are are just deluded, racist, transphobic etc etc. As with all things Jobbie there was no attempt to understand or explore - he just wants to make people look like fools. Needless to say it wasn’t remotely clever or funny.

I also can’t imagine the very experienced Theo Usherwood enjoys being introduced by JOB yelling “Summon the Usherwood!” He seems to have an ongoingly weird mocking sort of relationship with Theo, maybe because Theo is a proper journalist who knows much more than he does about politics? I’m convinced that on some level the wannabe proper journo inside Jobbie knows that what he does for a living, even if it pays for his lovely home in Chiswick, is utter tosh.
100% agree. He comes across as a very unhappy man who takes it out on others by bullying them.

Reactions: 3

His opening today was rather similar as he was plainly amused by his own "wit" and just seemed to be going around in circles. Perhaps he was talking to the voices in his head? All rather odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
His opening today was rather similar as he was plainly amused by his own "wit" and just seemed to be going around in circles. Perhaps he was talking to the voices in his head? All rather odd.
We'll know he's truly lost it when he starts awarding himself a Ray Liotta.

Morgan v Trump, and now Farage joins in. I wonder who Jobby will support. He hates them all!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.