LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nick Abott's views on the UK and Ukraine were the most baffling yet last night.

He was critical of the UK for not doing enough in terms of supplying weapons when it's been by far one of the biggest allies in that aspect. And then was criticising the UK because Europe has been giving Putin billions in energy money despite a tiny amount of that coming from the UK and other countries are far far more culpable.

It's odd he says the thing the UK has been doing well at is not enough, even though it's way more than just about every other country. And according to him it's also the UK's fault for other European countries energy policy mistakes.

So keen to be anti UK regardless of if it's warranted or not. 😵💫. Would it kill him to acknowledge that European countries like Germany made a mistake?

Reactions: 1

He was critical of the UK for not doing enough in terms of supplying weapons when it's been by far one of the biggest allies in that aspect. And then was criticising the UK because Europe has been giving Putin billions in energy money despite a tiny amount of that coming from the UK and other countries are far far more culpable.

It's odd he says the thing the UK has been doing well at is not enough, even though it's way more than just about every other country. And according to him it's also the UK's fault for other European countries energy policy mistakes.

So keen to be anti UK regardless of if it's warranted or not. 😵💫. Would it kill him to acknowledge that European countries like Germany made a mistake?
LBC now panders to the 'Britain is bad' brigade. I no longer listen to other presenters other than Steve Allen and Iain Dale. Iain at least tries to be impartial.

Reactions: 4
LBC now panders to the 'Britain is bad' brigade. I no longer listen to other presenters other than Steve Allen and Iain Dale. Iain at least tries to be impartial.
I always thought Nick A was light entertainment. Some kind of comedian or something? Frankly I couldn't give a toss about his opinion on geopolitics, not seriously anyway. It's always interesting to me to hear other views on things if they are articulate and backed-up with cogent argument.

Iain is okay untill he gets all pompous and arrogant. He seems to swing quite violently between that and being quite relaxed. It's quite disconcerting. ?I never quite know which version of Iain is going to turn-up.

I always thought Nick A was light entertainment. Some kind of comedian or something? Frankly I couldn't give a toss about his opinion on geopolitics, not seriously anyway. It's always interesting to me to hear other views on things if they are articulate and backed-up with cogent argument.

Iain is okay untill he gets all pompous and arrogant. He seems to swing quite violently between that and being quite relaxed. It's quite disconcerting. ?I never quite know which version of Iain is going to turn-up.
He's much different on his podcast with Carol McGiffin.

Reactions: 2

I was going to come in here and post something similar.

The other night he was going on Boris not doing enough when Zelensky himself has said what an ally we've been. We've got enough crap going on without putting down the good stuff.

He's much different on his podcast with Carol McGiffin.
Very. It's like he's a different person.

I was going to come in here and post something similar.

The other night he was going on Boris not doing enough when Zelensky himself has said what an ally we've been. We've got enough crap going on without putting down the good stuff.

Very. It's like he's a different person.
Carol needs to sit in with him like Ash does with James Whale. Lol.

Steve was talking about Dale again this morning, and how he got the supermarket sweep job. Is there an anniversary approaching?

This morning, Andrew Castle had a call from Colin from Windsor (see post #4116 on the 'other site'). Could that be our 'friend' ?
4 days without Nick Ferrari, could inspire an obsessive troll to dial up Andrew Castle early on a peaceful Easter Sunday morning I suppose.
😁

• Haha
Simon "travel expert" Calder seems to pop up everywhere, does he get paid for every single interview or soundbite he gives on radio/tv?
If so, he must be worth a fortune.

Nick blathering on about WFH. On this he is out of touch. It's actually been going on for years pre pandemic. A mixture of WFH and going into the office. A lot government departments actually hot desk.

Times they are a changin' Nick.

Nick blathering on about WFH. On this he is out of touch. It's actually been going on for years pre pandemic. A mixture of WFH and going into the office. A lot government departments actually hot desk.

Times they are a changin' Nick.
He seems quite fixated on it, Nick thinks folk are skiving at home, my missus works from home and also goes to the office once or twice a week. It's a good balance.

He seems quite fixated on it, Nick thinks folk are skiving at home, my missus works from home and also goes to the office once or twice a week. It's a good balance.
It's always older people who seem to object to it. I think it's a case of 'it's what we did so it must be right'.

Years ago my husband was in IT support for a company that had offices all over the country. He worked from home because everything he did required remote access anyway. There was no reason for him to be in an office. I'm going back about 20 years.

With technology these days there's no need for it. It's hardly like you need to go to filing cabinets to get documents or anything. Maybe Ferrari still think Miss Jones comes into the bosses office to take a letter in shorthand 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nick still thinks it's 1982 and Fleet Street still prints newspapers. He's a luddite who refuses to move with the times. People like that really do my head in. My dear old ma still works for the library and she is by no means Bill Gates, but she embraced zoom and all that other stuff online and now knows more than I do! WFH is a trigger for Nick much like Brexit is for Jimbo. Move on for CHRIST SAKE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.