Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

i10gal

I was recommended this forum in a PM from a Digital Spy member. I have been a member of DS for years and years and are mainly active in the LBC and Steve Allen thread. I tend to lurk more than post as I don't fit in with the clique. The LBC thread is so one sided and lost far too many good posters. I got a warning last year for making a nice post about the way some of the regulars treat other members and that their posts border on bullying. I am so tempted at times (especially after a couple of glasses of wine) to state my opinion but more often I keep out of the debate and leave the little LBC clique to it. Some of their posts are absolutely awful and I really cannot understand how they get away with it and have come to the conclusion they or at least one of them must be a moderator.

Looking forward to a good read of these forums :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I lasted not long with nick abbot last night.

He was bemoaning that the UK government ignored Ukraine's request for arms for 7 years (then played the "no no no" clip). When the exact opposite happened. Google operation orbital Nicky A! He's got Trump or Putin levels of an alternative reality o_O. Obviously in hindsight the UK could have done more but it's one of the very few countries that were helping since Russia last nabbed their land.

Then went back to praising France for limiting energy increases when it's really not that simple. It's odd he's determined to criticise the UK regardless of if it's warranted or not. At least he admitted he just turns up, no more pretending he's in there at noon to prep :LOL:

Nick belongs to the jolly little group of LBC presenters - Jobbie, Frei, Mair - who never have a good word to say about this country, but nevertheless continue to live here. They will carry their grudge against Brexit to the grave!

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
LBC would be best placed getting rid of James O'Brien - the guy is an utter tool.
Nah! I can't see LBC getting rid of J O'B unless it is his choice for wanting to leave. I remember when he first joined LBC and was a breath of fresh air after following Nick Ferrari's programme - they balanced each other out. That was years ago and I don't know what happened in the interim as I can no longer listen to him. It's as though all his personal angst from long ago is now finally coming to the fore and has made him quite an unpleasant person.

However, if he was ever replaced, can we imagine the wailing of his beloved 'followers' - how would they cope? Snowdrop would have to post at least more than 4 emojis without any text :rolleyes:

• Haha

IngressUK

VIP Member
I was recommended this forum in a PM from a Digital Spy member. I have been a member of DS for years and years and are mainly active in the LBC and Steve Allen thread. I tend to lurk more than post as I don't fit in with the clique. The LBC thread is so one sided and lost far too many good posters. I got a warning last year for making a nice post about the way some of the regulars treat other members and that their posts border on bullying. I am so tempted at times (especially after a couple of glasses of wine) to state my opinion but more often I keep out of the debate and leave the little LBC clique to it. Some of their posts are absolutely awful and I really cannot understand how they get away with it and have come to the conclusion they or at least one of them must be a moderator.

If you want serious discussion on LBC, Talk TV, GB News, or anything else perceived as 'right leaning' - then Tattle is far better for more balanced discussion.

The DS forums are a lost cause. The same old faces who have nothing better to do with their time (like find a job), posting their repetitive BS. DS is also not helped by bias Mods who don't understand balanced discussion.

Reactions: 7

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Steve Allen's mother had a robin nesting inside the glovebox of her Morris Minor car.
😁
He's thinking of sending a tea tray & tea towel to HM The Queen as a gift for her Jubilee this year.
This is why I love Steve Allen. You don't get this top quality radio throughout the rest of the day. :ROFLMAO:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Steve Steve Steve
Brazil's oldest tortoise - Manuel
"If you're going to have a pet.....get one that moves" 😁
I don't want orange juice from Mcdonalds in the morning, it plays havoc with my diabetes ... I want a milk shake with my cheeseburger. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
The consensus on Twitter etc. seems to think it's going to be Talk radio/tv. Pity; LBC could do with a bit of lightening up.
I've been saying this for years but have always been poo-poohed when LBC became a non-fun station. Yes, I fully understand the remit changed but surely at least a few weekend programmes can focus on subjects other than the daily depressing news. The same can be said about overnights, Darren Adam still boring on about what has already been mentioned during the day. At least Clive Bull tries to debate a few different topics, but there's still the obvious party line that (FUN/AMUSING) can't be crossed.

• Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
You clearly cannot stand James O’Brien on LBC but torment yourself by listening to his every show and then come on here to cry about it.

James O’Brien has overtaken Nick Ferrari as his show now has the highest listening figures. I’m sure he’ll thank you for tuning in.

Er.. do you think Brexit is over? why has Rees-Mogg delayed the post Brexit food checks for the FOURTH time?
I think you've missed the entire point of this thread. I've come to think of it as a friendly little support group for people trying to come to terms with their LBC habit in the most positive way possible :) I think most of us have admitted to ourselves that we've got a problem and that sustained listening to LBC can drive a person bonkers. That's why we're here. I mean let's face it there's no logical reason for anyone to spend even a second of their lives listening to these talking heads, but we just can't help it.

Also what's impressive about this little group is that people generally don't pick up on goady "er...." type political points because that's not what we're here for. You sound very committed to the cause, why not start a Brexit thread where you can talk about how awful everything is? Maybe you'll find a JOBBIE fanclub who still have the energy to keep that whole discussion going.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I am surprised anybody listens to LBC these days, outside of Steve Allen. The channel is just a circle jerk of negativity and the negatives of the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
LBC has some absolutely brilliant broadcasters such as James O’Brien and Eddie Mair who are bookended in the day by some of the worst, right wing, xenophobic rubbish like Nick Ferrari and Andrew Pierce

I suppose it offers balance but the gulf in quality can be huge
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Quality is subjective. It largely depends on whether you agree with the presenters views for not.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Eddie Mair. I wonder if they will use one of new big guns they've signed from the BBC.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Funny how they haven't mentioned this. Too busy with their high-minded prattle about Boris's wallpaper, I suppose. ;)
Oh purleees, David Laminate HASN'T GOT TIME FOR THISSSSSSS. HE IS FAR TOO BUSY SPEAKING. IN A VERY LOUD. AND PRETENTIOUS. THESPIAN VOOOOOOOOICE.

Lady_H

VIP Member
He gets his knickers in this kind of twist a lot, doesn’t be? I’ve only been listening for 10 minutes and he’s already just said that he needs to “have a big think about” his use of the term “an act of self-harm” to describe what Brexiteers have done to the country, given that some people actually do self-harm and “don’t want the term bandied around”. It’s hard when you’re constantly trying to convince absolutely everyone of your own personal wonderfulness AND humility AND unwavering commitment to “progress, equality, difference, modernity, history, reality, facts, sexuality, culture, kindness, Meghan Markle” etc etc innit James? Sort of an ongoing orgy of intellectual masturbation combined with self-flagellation, sorry to put that image and Jobbie together in peoples heads.

• Haha
  • Sick

Pat the Dog

VIP Member

Hello!

FMs here must be bored with me always saying I'm sure at least one poster on the DS LBC thread must be a mod, so thanks for making me think I'm not alone. I'll keep saying this when those who do not agree with the clique end up being banned. I'm sure pauljoanss' card has been marked 😠

At least this forum is fun and FMs respect each others views, whether agreeing or disagreeing, unlike the cesspit that the DS LBC thread has become.

Hope you have a more enjoyable time on TL.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member

Welcome and Enjoy !!

There's a few ex DS'er on here so you'll probably work out who's who.

We tend to steer away from politics or it's mentioned very briefly. We're more interested in Steve's colonoscopy or James' daily breakdown.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Steve Allen's mother had a robin nesting inside the glovebox of her Morris Minor car.
😁
He's thinking of sending a tea tray & tea towel to HM The Queen as a gift for her Jubilee this year.

• Haha
  • Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
She wanted to 'reclaim' the Pride event, well as far as I can tell Pride is a colourful, inclusive carnival atmosphere celebrating the lgbt community.
What is there to 'reclaim'?
Really strange
Bottomline: Someone didn't give her enough hugs when she was growing-up. I can't listen to her either for what it's worth, I have tried. I'm male, pale and stale so I don't think she's the demographic she's after anyway. lol.

• Haha