Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Rishi is on with Nick tomorrow who is starting at 6am.

Excellent news for Nick Ferrari who gets all the big interviews for LBC.

Jimbo will have his face pressed miserably on the window in the studio. Perhaps he could do something useful like make the tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

FunkyPhil

She also broke the story about David Cameron and the pig's head. She later admitted that there was no proof of it happening and that it could have been a figment of somebody's imagination. But it was great publicity for promoting the book she co-wrote in which the story appeared.
I think you mean a pigment, Maggie :)

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Oh dear. Iain's announcement about standing for Parliament has engendered a flurry of pics and videos on social media of him apparently duffing up a pensioner. I have to say I wonder if he's temperamentally suited to the job. A short fuse and thin skin aren't best suited to dealing with constituents.
Think Steve Bray with a dog. This old duffer tried to ruin TV interviews by waving a placard and shouting in the background . A complete pain in the arse. He was with Damian Mcbride on a round of interviews to promote a book. They were doing a very early morning one when the scruff turned up, Dale grabbed the bloke and tried to haul him out of the way. Dale fell over, the bloke fell over Dale and the bloke's dog was somewhere in there yapping

Dale was actually very patient, I'd have launched the wanker head first over the railings

Iain Dale receives assault caution over Brighton scuffle - BBC News

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Ever thought about starting a media consultancy firm? I think LBC would find your input valuable. (y)
LBC couldn't afford me. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I think my services would be better deployed at advising Rishi because whoever is doing it now is doing an absolute crap job. 🤪

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Perhaps they're 'resting' the extremists until after the election. I wonder if Vorderman will vanish for a few weeks.
LBC need to figure something out because after the Election all the faux-lefty and mostly well-off headbangers won't have anything to bang their head against. There might not even be a fucking Tory party! :ROFLMAO: The fact is The Tories (and Farage) have kept O'Brien and Co in business for years now. It'll be interesting to see how LBC pivot and how nimble their broadcasting/business model is.

ps. Not sure what Jobby will make of all the Right and Populist/Far-Right parties potentially doing very well in the Euro elections ... no doubt it's all the fault of everyone who voted to leave the EU.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
This is all part of the gigantic chip on Jobby's shoulder. Emily Sheffield, like Rachel Johnson, who is loathed on the dark side, is a posh bird who has only got where she is because of her family's money and influence. It doesn't matter how long or successful their careers in.journalism, they're posh, so they must be stupid. And it's not fair!! Waaagh!! 😭
But so is James ... went to one of the best public schools in the country, LSE and I can guarantee his dad had a word with some of his journalist chums to get him the gigs to get him started. I'm sure James will do the same if either of his daughters wish to pursue a career in journalism and they will have come from a life of privilege too.

He's very bizarre. Absolutely hates himself.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The monologues just keep on growing in length
First Caller: "You shouldn't feel sorry for Rishi, I just read your book".

Click Off. What's the fucking point. Honestly. I'm over to Radio Norfolk for a top 10 sandwich filler phone-in, much more insightful and light-hearted.

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Oh dear. Iain's announcement about standing for Parliament has engendered a flurry of pics and videos on social media of him apparently duffing up a pensioner. I have to say I wonder if he's temperamentally suited to the job. A short fuse and thin skin aren't best suited to dealing with constituents.

• Haha
  • Wow

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Trouble is people care enough to subscribe to all the oversharing nonsense. They love it and it's now got very competitive so if you want to remain current and prominent you need to stand out from the rest of the attention-seeking desperadoes all vying for top spot.

Must be horrible working and trying to exist in that artificial environment. So fake and deeply unpleasant. I'm glad I'm old and don't need to keep up with that nonsense!
It can be done though. Nick Abbot has managed it for years. There is little information about his personal life out there. He doesn't even say what area of London he lives in. You pick up bits and pieces from his podcast. He must have a partner because he does say 'we' whenever he mentions going somewhere. Clive Bull is the same. They both come in, do their show and that's it.

• Heart

neroli

VIP Member
He was handpicked and coached on what to say, I bet? Easy meat for our Caped Crusader. Probably a complete set up to prompt a barrage (or farage) of praise from James' acolytes.

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I wonder if he'll postpone it. He'll explode with frustration that he's missing a whole week of campaigning for Labour. 🤬
---

That was Steve Bray making all that noise. The police have banned him from Westminster.

They should have stopped him immediately he started playing it during Sunak's speech. Ridiculous that clown is allowed to drown out the Prime Minister of the country speaking to the nation.

Anyway his grift is coming to an end, as is that of Purkiss, Vorderman and all the other obsessed cranks and weirdos

I can't remember what happened in previous elections but did LBC have to be balanced throughout the campaign ? Is that balance per show or over the overall output ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
This is all part of the gigantic chip on Jobby's shoulder. Emily Sheffield, like Rachel Johnson, who is loathed on the dark side, is a posh bird who has only got where she is because of her family's money and influence. It doesn't matter how long or successful their careers in.journalism, they're posh, so they must be stupid. And it's not fair!! Waaagh!! 😭

Last edited:

FunkyPhil

So the Lib Dems went through hundreds of hours of podcasts to turn up every instance of him slagging off Tunbridge Wells and presented the “evidence” to conservative campaign HQ. Dale decides to stand down on the basis of what else he might have said in the last 14 years of broadcasting (his words).
This is before any mention of him trawling around London’s gay sauna scene gets raked up.
It appears Iain hadn't thought this through, Theodore. A record of trashing the town you want to represent is fairly obvious attack material, and as a potentially very strong candidate the opposition parties were bound to us it and have done to effect. So what next? He could stand for any number of seats that still need candidates. But I also note that his name is still shown on next week's LBC schedule so it's possible the door has been left ajar...

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
She discloses confidential sources, something a 'journalist' is never supposed to do. Firstly she did it in 2013 with Vicky Pryce. from Wiki:

In 2013, while at The Sunday Times, she persuaded Vicky Pryce to implicate Pryce's estranged husband, former Liberal Democrat MP and Cabinet minister Chris Huhne, in having committed the offence of perverting the course of justice, leading to the case R v Huhne, and to both Pryce and Huhne being convicted and imprisoned.

Then, more recently she leaked all of Matt Hancock's private What's App messages. You could argue as some do that it was in the public interest, I can see that. But for me the only reason she does these things is for money and notoriety, not for some public good. She's a nasty piece of work with no ethics. In my opinion. Plus she's got a monotone droney voice and a face like a slapped-arse ... an even bigger crime. 😬
She also broke the story about David Cameron and the pig's head. She later admitted that there was no proof of it happening and that it could have been a figment of somebody's imagination. But it was great publicity for promoting the book she co-wrote in which the story appeared.

Pretty Hate Machine

The thing is though, Iain has made quite a lot of those throwaway remarks in his podcasts about the place far more recently than a couple of years ago. It was sadly always going to be an issue that I'm really surprised he didn't think about and just prepare for. Like has been mentioned, there were a lot more things than just remarks about where he was standing.
Whilst he's lived there for years he seems to have used it very much as a base. He says he gets up at 11 most days, travels to London comes back late at night, and then on weekends would travel to his house in Lamas that he loved.
Maybe him hating the place would have made him a good mp though. He wouldn't have been looking with rose tinted glasses and might have made moves to make an improvement to it. Guess we'll never know now. I would have liked him to stick it out as I do think he could have done well and enjoyed it.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I don't think he's done his media career much good either. Will he be so much in demand as a political commentator/interviewer after misreading his own circumstances so badly?

Theodore

VIP Member
He broke the news in the last segment of NF’s show. Call me cynical but was he at LBC Towers having crisis talks with his ex bosses in an effort to get re-hired? Was the NF exclusive an attempt to ingratiate himself? He said he’s signed a contract to leave so they’re obligated to absolutely nothing.

This is what annoys me about Dale. He is so desperate to appear “edgy” with his podcast smut, gay confessions and slagging off the town where he lives. It’s come back to Biteback him on the arse. He’s actually about as edgy as my Nan. He looks a lot like her too.

This has absolutely made my day 😆
---
So what next? He could stand for any number of seats that still need candidates. But I also note that his name is still shown on next week's LBC schedule so it's possible the door has been left ajar...
Problem is, this political behemoth, this mover and shaker who”s supposedly at the heart of British politics, has everyone’s number in his phone blah blah blah shows himself to have zero political acumen. Basic error of judgement. Fallen at the first fence. If I was the Conservative Party I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

• Haha