Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScarlettOHaha

So pissed off to hear Nick Ferrari take a call from a trans identified man called Sarah Jane just now. He identifies as a woman and said it was awful that Kemi Badenouch was trying to prevent him using the womens loos.
I messaged LBC to ppoint out that Sarah Jane is a convicted murderer, he tortured and killed his teenage cousin and served 20 years for the crime. He was sent back to prison last year for threatening women who speak out against men in women’s single sex spaces! He’s out again now.
I doubt that Nick will read out my text. But I do wish more presenters knew more about this subject. Sheila might have recognised his name and asked him about his past.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Anyone else seen Blue Lights on BBC One? And has anyone else noticed this character's resemblance to Jobby?! It's been bugging me for six whole episodes!

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 21.47.57.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Barely a shred of sympathy on the dark side for JOB, most just aiming bile at Ferrari

Log onto here and every poster is wishing him well

Says it all really

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Theodore

VIP Member
What did he say when he opened his show? Anything? Surely he referenced it after the big exit speech last week. Such a pompous moo, I do hope he’s going to eat some humble pie after this and get a grip on that ego of his.
Also, Iain, from now on think about what you’re saying in your podcast. Nobody wants or needs to know about your murky sexual history just like we don’t need to know about Jacqui Smiths tits or the coy references to her boyfriend. We don’t need “smut” or “sloppy seconds” in a political podcast. And stop going on about being an MP. It’s not gonna happen. You’re fucked.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I'm pleased Iain's back.I don't hear him much since he's had the evening show but am always pleased when he turns up in the daytime. He and Nick F. are quality broadcasters who give the station gravitas.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
It might take a few more years for the full transformation to take place, but Ian Payne is slowly morphing into Steve Allen.

• Haha

Theodore

VIP Member
I wish Elon Musk would just switch X off permanently. These twats wouldn’t know what to do with themselves.

• Haha

Pretty Hate Machine

I think Iain is a basically decent nice person and do think overall he is usually quite balanced. Not sure if that is about to change though! However I've listened to his For the many podcast for several years now and there is no doubt that his ego has certainly grown during that time. I really noticed it when they started doing the live shows.
I'm not sure I'd be too pleased if I was his partner. Iain seems to have struggled with his health quite a bit recently and is no doubt a bit of a workaholic. I'd be worried this campaign might be too much for him.
I'm surprised about where he's standing though. He always said he dislikes it there and only lives there because of his partner John. Iain much prefers his other house I think and seems quite sad that he is selling it. I had a sneaky peak and did laugh at the picture in his bathroom. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I'll be honest, from what I've learnt about Iain over the past week, it's REALLY put me off him. There's a real insecurity and immaturity that I hadn't really noticed before. It's incredibly unappealing. He also appears to display some self-destructive behavourial traits that I find quite concerning and hadn't really paid much attention to previously. Hmmm, it's been a weird old week. It does all fit into my view that people drawn to broadcast media (and/or politics) are let's just say 'a bit odd'. Not ALL. But quite a high percentage.

Reactions: 5

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
How Alastair Campbell has reinvented himself as a political pundit is beyond me. He makes my skin crawl.
Dreadful man. I don't like the way he used/uses the 'mental health' card either, I bet he's caused many people to have mental health problems over the years.

• Angry

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Good post. Not sure if you keep up with football Fenella, but it's the same there. The owners call the shots. I'm thinking about Chelsea ... Saudi backed, with some idiot American billionaire as an owner ... they blow a billion on a random selection of players who look good on paper but just don't perform. LBC might be the same ... some idiot owners, plugging-in hosts to call their shots. Shame on Iain if he is a desperate media whore happy to parrot the views of his paymaster ... while I'm on this rant, let me get something else off my chest:

We need to talk about O'Brien. His time must surely be nearing an end now, especially as the nation is looking foward :rolleyes: to Sir Keir and his mates. I think the Sangita fiasco has really shown James up to be what he truly is: a company man. A cap-doffer to his corporate paymasters. I mean, what's the difference between doffing your cap to Jacob Rees-Mogg or the head of Global? To my mind nothing. I would have more respect for James if he just left and set up his own media channel on Youtube or Rumble ... just to see how popular he is, let's see how his schtick lands in the wild, unprotected by a national radio station. Then we can judge. If he gets millions of viewers on Youtube listening to his Brexit banter then fair-play, I'll hold my hands up. Untill then my hands will be firmly held against my earholes between 10 and 1.
I dip in and out of football so I understand what you're saying.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Ian a media whore. He needs to earn a living. I do get the impression from various presenters, not just Ian, that the presenters do have a strict mandate. Global want LBC to be a certain kind of station. That's more likely the reason Steve Allen was finally booted off. Ian gets to have the first hour being light hearted but then from 5am gets progressively more serious before Nick F.

I agree with you about James though. He has only ever been at LBC. It's his only ever proper job. The Sangita fiasco really exposed him to his acolytes as being a fraud. If Nick F lost his gig tomorrow he'd find another role in a heartbeat. Same with Shelagh. They are proper journalists with a variety of experience. James has tried TV several times and it's never worked. I genuinely don't know where he'd go if he lost LBC.

Ian Payne is a sports journalist. Even Nick Abbot has experience as a music DJ so could rock up back at Virgin radio for the 20th time in his career. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Nothing “deft” about ID’s performance this week.
At least Jobby stuck his head above the parapet and offered some sympathy, even though he was probably thinking 'thank heaven it's not me'.

Half an hour of Oily this morning was like being beaten repeatedly over the head by a copy of the Communist Manifesto. He thinks golf courses should have homes for migrants built on them. He's probably on his weekly visit to Highgate Cemetery to worship at Karl Marx's grave. He makes Jobby sound like a dithering liberal.

Last edited:
  • Haha

i10gal

Ian Dale just announced this is his very last show on LBC. He is going to try and stand as an MP.

• Wow

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
He's waiting for Ferrari to retire..or expire...and then he'll launch his bid to become Mr LBC and take over the airwaves.
I just put 'James O'Brien as Mr LBC' into an AI image generator and this is what it spat out ... make of it what you will. :ROFLMAO: :cautious::oops:

yyyy.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow