Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Just enjoyed half an hour of Dugdale tying himself up in knots trying separate legality and morality by comparing the consequences of shoplifting in this country and homosexuality in others. I didn't stay with it long enough to hear if he managed to blame nicking from shops on poverty (caused by this government, of course) but in his world it's always baby food. He can't have seen the shops' footage of gangs loading up trolleys and bin bags with booze, steak and cosmetics.
I worked with a bloke who used to shoplift. He didn't need to, he was well-off. I don't really know why he did it, I guess he got a thrill out of it. Pretty weird. He once told me that he nicked his entire Christmas/New Year food and drink from Tesco. I can't quite remember exactly how he did it, he used two trollies somehow and used a second receipt. Something like that. Anyway, he made it sound ridiculously easy. He reckoned he stole about 150quids worth of stuff. It wasn't all good news mind, he got caught at the local ASDA and has his photo on the wall, lol. Nothing was done to him other than getting banned from the store, same thing happened at Iceland. Mind-boggling really. :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 4

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Thank you. Not sure how relevant this clip is but any excuse to watch Steve McQueen in one of my favourite films and hear one of the best movie tracks ever is good enough for me. 🥰
Ndrangheta posted about "tilting at windmills" and I had an early morning brain fart 😬

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Gone the same way as Owen Jones, being loud on twitter doesn't mean you'll have the personality to present on the radio. Vorderman is the same too, binning her might just send a few completely over the edge though

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Try not to let James make you feel livid because that's what he wants. It's that exact kind of reaction to his nonsense that regulates his own emotions. He NEEDS it, so try not to give it to him. I know it can be hard.
I usually let his nonsense go over my head tbh. He is full of platitudes and goes with whatever is currently in vogue opinion wise but that has really annoyed me. He's done shows before where I've heard him blathering on about women's safety (at the time of the Sarah Everard murder) and how men in particular should be aware of how women feel. What is it Maya Angelou said? When someone shows you who they are believe them.
---
That call was from 2017. It's not aged well, I suspect there'll be a lot of people who expressed that sort of nonsense will be deleting their history

Full call here

LBC - Kellie-Jay v James O’Brien (youtube.com)

I didn't know that it was 2017. It's just been doing the rounds on twitter after his show yesterday. My point really does stand then about when someone shows you who they are ...

Theodore

VIP Member
So it was a simple case of “we don’t want you anymore Sangita, and we’re getting shot of you to bring in a bigger name… buh-bye”. No conspiracy theory just business. The lefties will be fuming at this 😆

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Surely Lammy won't be allowed to continue at LBC after the GE? Vorders may get a promotion? Surely not Dugmore though? He needs to be buried on the early weekend slots if he's still around come the Autumn.
Vorders is a one-trick pony. She'll have nothing left to shriek about when the Tory government has gone. In fact, the whole pack of them will have to find something else to whine and carp about. I suppose they'll have to rely on 14 years of Tory mismanagement to excuse the dogs' breakfast Labour are going to make of it.

neroli

VIP Member
Sangita always sounded so bitter whenever I had the misfortune to catch a few minutes of her show before realising my mistake.

Vanessa is vibrant and animated. I think she'll be a successful addition to the somewhat jaded LBC crew.

• Heart

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I asked someone recently if they still listened to J O'Brien? They said "who?" I explained remember the one on LBC between 10 and 1. "Oh him" they said, " that annoying one. No."

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
He'll be joining the Russell Brand cult soon extolling his virtues on Full Disclosure.
James has already interviewed Brand a couple of times. Right old love in. Big fan. Even defending this back in 2015 because it was in the DM. This was previously posted in here by @thewittowoo ... James is a fabulous judge of character.

---
russell-brand-with-james-obrien-after-he-joined-the-radio-presenter-GCJ79W.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Steve Allen, Andrew castle, Matt Stadlen, Darren Adam, Majid Nawaz and I'm sure there's many more. They just disappear, no announcements. It's how they roll at LBC.
Listeners know this. I highly doubt Sangita will tweet about it or ever mention it when she resurfaces, it's written into the contract.
The only one in recent times who got a 'good bye' was Eddie Mair and I suspect that was because he was retiring and leaving broadcasting. Every one else just disappears in a cloud of smoke when their 'contract is due to end'.

I am loving Vanessa Feltz is replacing Sangita. She's a big name for LBC and I'm sure she'll be used more as time goes on. She was very popular on BBC London and BBC2.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Jobby's defence of Meghan and Harry is based solely on her ethnicity. Anybody who dares to criticise them must be a racist.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Jucy!! 😂

I think one of their daughters has problems, which is possibly why Lucy is so involved in that particular study.

I wonder if he has a manager or an agent. If so, they don't do much to earn their fee. There are some people who seem happy to appear on anything, from Newsnight to Blankety-Blank. Perhaps he's a bit snobbish about appearing on the more popular shows, but if Krishnan Guru-Murthy can do The Weakest Link and hang on to his status as a serious presenter I don't see why Jobby can't. Perhaps he's never gets asked.
I like Krishnan and he seems like a decent chap. He was fab on Strictly. He has personality and more importantly, even though he has a serious job, he doesn't take himself too seriously. He's done everything from Taskmaster to Child Genius.

James has done University Challenge, Mastermind and Have I Got News For You. He obviously thinks of himself as some sort of pseudo intellectual. He's desperate to be some kind of satirist.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
O'brien started the hour at 11am proclaiming he wasn't interested in Lee Anderson and has now been talking about him for over 10 minutes.
😂
---
You can now actually listen to James reading a "bonus chapter" from his latest blockbuster.
---
Scottish caller on sounds like he's about to explode, proclaiming UK armaggedon & his own hypertension diagnosis.

Thought Colin was having fun working in Thailand ?

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I do read this thread, honestly I do, but can someone breakdown for me the 'Sangita Situation' please? I don't understand what's happened. Has her contract not been renewed? Has she stormed-off in a huff? Has Nick said: "Make me a cup of tea please love" and she's had a nervous breakdown?
She has disappeared off the air and the LBC schedules but is still shown as a presenter. She has been very quiet on twitter but has been cryptic with some of the posts she's liked. Many think LBC have sacked her. There's some sort of petition with about 9 thousand names on to get her back.

It is believed that she has been removed after this interview ...

The funny thing is, everyone on Twitter seems to think JOB will stand up in solidarity or explain to the listeners. The believe he is some bastion of truth and principle. They are tagging him in a lot of the messages to LBC. Poor deluded souls. James won't do a thing. He likes his little number at LBC. He said the reason he didn't leave LBC when they employed Farage was because he wanted someone there to tell the truth to the listeners and counter what he said (or words to that effect).

LBC are saying nothing and I'm betting the poor souls who answer the phones there are sick of people asking.

Last edited: