Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I had the misfortune to visit someone with the bag of wind O'Brien blaring in the background.
Awful experience. I cannot stand the way he tries to put down callers who have a different opinion. He seems so immature for a post middle age man.

Reactions: 4

Redvers36

VIP Member
A laugh out loud moment for sure, Bobby C. My brain had to do a retake to confirm he really said that! Respect to Ken - I mean Ben - who laughed and took it in good heart.
He had better take care if he mentions Chancellor Hunt.......

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Ian Payne getting it in the neck from listeners this morning after his no show yesterday leaving Clive with a 5 hour show. Apparently he had agreed to do it weeks ago. He said he had a lot going on with his mum and he literally just forgot. He said he was sent a message at 9pm but he goes to sleep at 6pm so didn't get it. I hope he buys Clive a drink!!

• Heart
  • Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
They'll turn on Starmer if things aren't going how they'd like/fast enough.
The longer you live the more you realize it's all just a pointless game. Commercial media (and media gobshites) is like some sort of money making ponzi-scheme where listeners/viewers end-up getting ripped-off after investing their time.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
When Lineker was suspended by the BBC, his colleagues went on strike in sympathy. Don't think for a second that anyone on LBC would do similar, question is would any of the gobshites take on Myska's slot if indeed she has gone ?
Of course ... Ollie Dugmore would be straight in there.

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Jobby must heave a sigh of relief every time a new story breaks. It means he can leave Angels Rayner lurking near the bottom of the agenda again. But Nick makes sure we don't forget her! 😉

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Twitter is mental at the moment.

These people boycotting LBC and James O'Brien are ridiculous. What do they think LBC is? It's a privately owned, commercial radio station. They'll do what they want when they want. When it suited they employed Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage until it didn't.

I do think it makes James look disingenuous though. I got the 'someone needs to be here to counter his views ' stance when Farage was there but James is obviously not a man of principle. James looks after James. He's taken them all for fools with his faux Wolfie Smith schtick.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Is there anything James can't make about himself?
I don't think so. I thought it was just me. My problem. On me. I just accepted my flaw. Each time I tuned into James he was talking about himself, about what he's done, what he's achieved, or some little victory he's won. I'm just not interested. I couldn't care less about this man and his desperate need for validation. I just want to listen to good, interesting radio.

I don't listen to him any more.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I am loving Vanessa Feltz is replacing Sangita. She's a big name for LBC and I'm sure she'll be used more as time goes on. She was very popular on BBC London and BBC2.
I love it insofar as it seems to have wound-up a load of pearl-clutching simps. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
They'll al move on when the next 'cause' comes along. It's so tiresome.

They're also a bit thick tbh. Global are a private company who can do whatever they want and there is zero chance Sangita is going back to LBC. I'll assume Global are happy to take the hit listener wise regarding these cranks.

I wonder how many of those boycotting LBC have accidentally tuned in recently or continued posting about LBC on social media ? 🤔

Theodore

VIP Member
Has anyone had the misfortune to listen to Imarn Ayrton? She's a Black Lives Matters journalist and activist and she's the most obnoxious and arrogant creature I've ever come across..She's just been on Sky News...

Happy St George's Day to one and all...
She’s a vile race baiter whose intent is purely to cause division. Apart from that, she talks absolute shite so why the media keeps asking her to come on air and spew her lies is a mystery.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What's with all the conspiracy theories about Sangita? I never listen to her so I have no idea what's she been up to.
---
It's trolls messaging the show, Ferrari has started reading them out these past few weeks.
Probably the same 2 or 3 lunatics 😬
Ian Payne reads his out too. It's quite funny.

Reactions: 3

Theodore

VIP Member
Sadly the word Queer is being normalised. LGB* people of a certain age find it huge insulting but the wokies have adopted it so now everyone is supposed to be ok with it.

*I dont include the TQI+ crowd. I have nothing in common with them.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Woke at 5.45 expecting listed Ian Payne and it was Clive Bull, filling in for an extra two hours until Matthew Wright arrived at 6.00. Hope Ian's OK. Surprised to find MW quite bearable when he's not doing his leftie ranting. Lovely to hear Clive, who I haven't heard for years.
---
Hearing Clive, and then having MW talking about squatters reminded of one of Clive's longest regular callers, Rainbow George.

Last edited:
  • Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Heard O'Brien tackle it at 12.15. 10 minutes of yes but, no but round the houses waffle. Announced he'd be taking calls after the news. First one was a mother of a transgender child, second call was a transgender woman. I didn't listen long enough for the third

neroli

VIP Member
I think Vanessa will attract a new audience and boost listening figures. At least she's upbeat which makes a welcome change from the usual dour broadcasters. I fear we are in for more Odious Oli Deadly Dugmore though..At least Purkiss appears to have perished.