LBC Chit Chat #13

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blimey! I missed the first five minutes of this. He wants to know what has made shoplifting so endemic that it's virtually ignored, by both the police and the shop staff. There are several things but will anybody dare mention the elephant in the room - the change in the country's demographics?
Hang on a minute. Is he simultaneously claiming privilege as he went to the private school Ampleforth and trying to plead poverty?

His "feelings of isolation" probably mean he was disliked even as a child....
It was a cry for help.
Never heard anything like it tbh.
Worth seeking out on the catch up thing.
---
Did Jobby say which records he nicked? I can only remembered Woolies selling their own brand, which were covers of hits by unknown artists. I don't remember the label but I can't imagine how they would appeal to a 15-year-old boy.
One was a David Bowie 😁

Reactions: 2
Did Jobby say which records he nicked? I can only remembered Woolies selling their own brand, which were covers of hits by unknown artists. I don't remember the label but I can't imagine how they would appeal to a 15-year-old boy.
K-Tel?

Reactions: 3
[/QUOTE]
Haha I remember those. They generally had a wistful blonde women on the cardboard case. Actually we used to have what we called "Divs" parties and jokingly dance to the naff copies on those records

It was a cry for help.
A moment of clarity perhaps. Is his therapist on holiday or something? Sounds horrendous. Like a stream-of-consciousness from a beat-poet in 1950s America, except utterly tit, devoid of any wit, and totally self-serving.

• Haha
"I grew up in a town called Kidderminster......feelings of isolation due to boarding school....on the Yorkshire Moors....skint......catholic guilt....stealing vinyl records from Woolworths......a sandwich from M&S.....a longing for the latest ZX Spectrum game.....sadly out of reach....skint......mum I've been caught by The Fuzz....5 vinyl records in the back of a Renault 5.....you'll never be a Lawyer now..."

Dear oh bleeping dear
God it was embarrassing. I turned off in the end. He was just 'a robbing little bastrard' as we used to say in Liverpool. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
A moment of clarity perhaps. Is his therapist on holiday or something? Sounds horrendous. Like a stream-of-consciousness from a beat-poet in 1950s America, except utterly tit, devoid of any wit, and totally self-serving.
You've got to listen to it, it is quite disturbing 😬

Reactions: 1
Best 15 minutes of his broadcasting career. I do try to think the best of people, but I'd have loved a complete breakdown from him.

• Haha
They used to sell what was in the charts as well Maggie. So if you went into a bigger Woolies you could buy the top 50 singles and top 30 albums

Telstar? Only he never became one..Only a Radstar in his own eyes.

Praise Be..We can all sleep soundly in our beds tonight.

#JusticeForSang

• Haha
It's all panto...
PS. I just looked on the TV listings and on Have I Got News For You tonight Martin Lewis is hosting and one of the guests is Steph McGovern. Honestly, it's enough turn a fairly politically neutral person into a raving-mad supporter of Nigel Farrage. :cautious:

• Haha
PS. I just looked on the TV listings and on Have I Got News For You tonight Martin Lewis is hosting and one of the guests is Steph McGovern. Honestly, it's enough turn a fairly politically neutral person into a raving-mad supporter of Nigel Farrage. :cautious:
At least Garraway..Call me Bridget...isn't a panel member.

A niche remains however for Sangita once she is freed from captivity? And has therapy for her resulting PTSD.

• Haha