Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A guy I've started following on instagram Phil good life is someone to take note of for some of you. Someone I can resonate with. Find it hard to find a motivational speaker that doesnt sound like an mlm scheme (sorry 🙈) but this guy I just click with. Just thought I'd put it out there
I also started listening to Les Brown again. He's in his 70s and was huge in the 90s so not selling anything. He puts an incredible amount of stuff online for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also started listening to Les Brown again. He's in his 70s and was huge in the 90s so not selling anything. He puts an incredible amount of stuff online for free.

Needed this. Feeling really fed up and needed the inspiration to change my life ✨

• Heart
Needed this. Feeling really fed up and needed the inspiration to change my life ✨
His Atlanta dome speech is his best one.

He has a podcast too called Les Brown greatness Radio. Where you can download the episodes for free. I started listening when exercising again.

Not for everyone as he does have a religious stent but Norman Vincent peale is pretty good too. I had a copy of his book "the power of positive thinking" . I once had a strong feeling to take my book with me when I was going back to the UK. Instead of ignoring it I listened. At the airport I got chatting to the older man sat next to me and knew that my copy was meant for him. So I did give it to him.

• Heart
Thank you for sharing all the different speakers I will check out the videos soon.

I know this thread is for loa/manifesting but I wondering if anyone has an interest in Wicca? It’s a new moon today 🌚 A good time to set new intentions/goals 💫

467AAE12-C34B-47C9-98CB-3215F5B2BE7C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm starting to be aware I have some big money blocks with my mindset so I think that's going to be a focus to work through. Any suggestions welcome 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm starting to be aware I have some big money blocks with my mindset so I think that's going to be a focus to work through. Any suggestions welcome 😊
Try think and grow rich! By Napoleon Hill.

Bob proctor also has a money meditation. If you repeat the same sentence over and over again you will begin to believe it eventually.

Just a general question you don't have to answer, but how do you honestly feel towards yourself? I would always suggest working on self esteem as corny as that sounds.

Practically have you made a list of your total income + outgoings? Is there anything you can cut back on?

I would also suggest having a look at dividend investing too. It's a nice way of earning passive income with minimal effort. You get email notifications of investment income even if it's small as 1p. I really like the youtube channel the humble penny for learning the basics first.

For small reminders: I always carry a silver coin with me. I keep some fiat cash on my desk. My father actually sits and counts out some money daily and watches money counting videos on youtube which is a thing. 🤪

I also believe that the more you give the more you will get back. I donated some food instore at my local Sainsbury's. That same day I was given £20 from a relative .

Also the book the Richest man in Babylon also gives practical advice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Try think and grow rich! By Napoleon Hill.

Bob proctor also has a money meditation. If you repeat the same sentence over and over again you will begin to believe it eventually.

Just a general question you don't have to answer, but how do you honestly feel towards yourself? I would always suggest working on self esteem as corny as that sounds.

Practically have you made a list of your total income + outgoings? Is there anything you can cut back on?

I would also suggest having a look at dividend investing too. It's a nice way of earning passive income with minimal effort. You get email notifications of investment income even if it's small as 1p. I really like the youtube channel the humble penny for learning the basics first.

For small reminders: I always carry a silver coin with me. I keep some fiat cash on my desk. My father actually sits and counts out some money daily and watches money counting videos on youtube which is a thing. 🤪

I also believe that the more you give the more you will get back. I donated some food instore at my local Sainsbury's. That same day I was given £20 from a relative .

Also the book the Richest man in Babylon also gives practical advice.
Thank you so much.

I am working on my self esteem and have been for a while now. But definitely more so in the last 5 months.

I use the fudget app to keep track of my money and I'm thinking of giving money wallets a go. (Free app on android and apple)

I've managed to manifest small money (ie a fiver here and there) but then have had unforseen setbacks (ie I'm £550 down this month due to CMS & UC duck ups) which is what got me thinking there's clearly blocks I need to work on.

• Heart
Thank you so much.

I am working on my self esteem and have been for a while now. But definitely more so in the last 5 months.

I use the fudget app to keep track of my money and I'm thinking of giving money wallets a go. (Free app on android and apple)

I've managed to manifest small money (ie a fiver here and there) but then have had unforseen setbacks (ie I'm £550 down this month due to CMS & UC duck ups) which is what got me thinking there's clearly blocks I need to work on.
Money comes and goes - it flows round. Since ive stopped caring so much about....well anything...it seems to be coming my way mote frequently

• Heart
Thank you for sharing all the different speakers I will check out the videos soon.

I know this thread is for loa/manifesting but I wondering if anyone has an interest in Wicca? It’s a new moon today 🌚 A good time to set new intentions/goals 💫

View attachment 1164920
Yes, very much so! For me, it's all connected (wicca, spirituality in general, LoA / manifestation).

-------------------

I was clearing out a box in my spare room earlier today, and came across a few old vision boards ... I do remember having them up on my study wall at some point and for a number of years, but took them down when I was decorating. The interesting thing was, that I have actually manifested a lot (most!) of what was on there! Some things just happened ... the 'dream kitchen' photo is what I have now (it was a budget kitchen, but looks pretty much the same); the car (secondhand, but what I've always wanted); garden design (which I did) ... I don't remember looking at my vision boards before I chose my kitchen or car, or before I did my garden, but what I wanted was obviously ingrained deep down in my psyche.

I saw a comment on this thread (I'm sure it was this one) the other night, but was too tired to reply - the person was basically saying that LoA is a load of baloney and just gets your hopes up. Well, I couldn't disagree more at that. The secret is to let the universe know what you want - and wish for it / FEEL what it is like to have it - and then release that thought and let the universe deliver it to you when the time is right. Also have faith that if it's meant to be yours then it will; if not, it won't. But also, don't go wishing for silly stuff - e.g., millions of people are wishing for a lottery win. Instead, make it something achievable. And don't tell anyone (forums like this are okay, but don't tell people around you, because when you do, your thought loses its power. And whatever you do, do not obsess over it ... just let it happen in its own time.

I would suggest signing up to an investment platform and buying funds and shares. Set up a direct credit - be it weekly, fortnightly or monthly, so you can grow your investments.

I invest in companies and portfolios; when choosing what to buy, I look for something that's sitting at its lowest point - e.g.:

1648961679331.png

If today was 15 March, I could see that this is a good fund to invest in, as it is at a low point ... I tend to place faith in the fact that it will recover (this particular one is retail, so my confidence is high that would happen - especially since people will be stocking up on Winter stuff soon). But I'd also click on 6M, 1Y and 5Y just to check ...

I don't tend to buy anything that's on the 'up', so if today was 28 March I'd leave this one alone as I'd be paying more ($3.30 on 28 March vs. $2.88 on 15 March).

I usually spend about an hour each fortnight reviewing my current portfolio, working out whether I want to add to it or buy something new; and while I'm doing it, I listen to money meditation music via You Tube. I don't have a favourite; I just pick whatever pops up (a lot of what I do is intuition-based).

My portfolio has done really well - even lately with everything tanking - I'm only focusing on the buying at this stage though, not the selling.

The scheme I'm invested in required just NZ$50 to get started - I'm sure that wherever you're located, you'll be able to find something similar. Most will give you the performance graphs, etc., but the one I've pasted here is just from a Google search.

^ Oops, too late to edit my post above but, please be mindful that I am not a financial advisor and I am not providing financial advice to you - we are merely talking about LoA things as they relate to finance. I have to say that, because in my country it's illegal to give financial advice if you aren't qualified to do so!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I use Freetrade and personally stick with companies people will always need and the ones I actually like. I have an older ISA Vanguard account but you can buy the same funds on Freetrade.

Freetrade are okay as a platform, but there's no automatic reinvestment of dividends or automatic buying. You can copy other people's portfolios ( pies) on trading 212, but they've had a waiting list for more then 9 months now. Also unless your shares are now in an ISA account they recently started lending your shares too like others.

So for:

Food = Tesco & Sainsbury's
Letters = Royal mail the oldest and default letter delivering company in the UK.
Gas and electricity = National grid, SSE +Greencoat
Water= United utilities
Insurance = Aviva + Legal and general

You can buy fractional shares from £2 in the larger US companies like Amazon +, Starbucks but if you have US stocks your dividends are subject to a 15% withholding tax too after filling in a W8 BEN form which is on the app.

In my first year investing last year I made just over £80 in dividends. My younger 21 year old sister has already earned that within the first three months of this year but at the moment she invests + saves 80 % of her part time income. In 9 years time even if she doesn't add anymore. She will be much better off financially then I was when I started at 29.

You also get a £2000 dividend tax free allowance outside of an ISA every year.

An ETF is a collection of companies. Instead of investing in just one you can get a whole group. so it is safer.

The FTSE 100 is the top 100 in the UK.
The S&P500 the top 500 in the US.

I'd like a mix of 50% ETF+ 50% individual shares.

I save and invest the majority of any spare money I have, but make sure you have an emergency fund first so you can just leave them. I rarely check my Vanguard account and prefer it sometimes to actively managing.

There will be ups and downs so don't do it if already know you won't handle seeing lots in reds sometimes. There's nothing wrong with premium bonds if you want zero risk. We won £325 on premium bonds last year. My parents opened a stocks and shares child trust fund account for my other sister with the £250 voucher the goverment gave and didn't add anything to it, but the dividends were automatically reinvested and after 18 years last year she withdrew just over £3000.

It doesn't happen overnight but if your consistent your small snowball really can grow. The youtuber below has been investing for 13 years to get to where he is now. It all adds up:

1649019854772.png

1649019972759.png

1649019756425.png

1649019424868.png

1649019474425.png

1649019532071.png

1649019601928.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
I use Freetrade and personally stick with companies people will always need and the ones I actually like. I have an older ISA Vanguard account but you can buy the same funds on Freetrade.

Freetrade are okay as a platform, but there's no automatic reinvestment of dividends or automatic buying. You can copy other people's portfolios ( pies) on trading 212, but they've had a waiting list for more then 9 months now. Also unless your shares are now in an ISA account they recently started lending your shares too like others.

So for:

Letters = Royal mail the oldest and default letter delivering company in the UK.
Water= United utilities

You can buy fractional shares from £2 in the larger US companies like Amazon +, Starbucks but if you have US stocks your dividends are subject to a 15% withholding tax too after filling in a W8 BEN form which is on the app.

In my first year investing last year I made just over £80 in dividends. My younger 21 year old sister has already earned that within the first three months of this year but at the moment she invests + saves 80 % of her part time income.

An ETF is a collection of companies. Instead of investing in just one you can get a whole group. so it is safer.

The FTSE 100 is the top UK.

I save and invest the majority of any spare money I have, but make sure you have an emergency fund first so you can just leave them. I rarely check my Vanguard account and prefer it sometimes to actively managing.

There will be ups and downs so don't do it if already know you won't handle seeing lots in reds sometimes. There's nothing wrong with premium bonds if you want zero risk. We won £325 on premium bonds last year. My parents opened a stocks and shares child trust fund account for my other sister with the £250 voucher the goverment gave and didn't add anything to it, but the dividends were automatically reinvested and after 18 years last year she withdrew just over £3000.

It doesn't happen overnight but if your consistent your small snowball really can grow. The youtuber below has been investing for 13 years to get to where he is now.

Thank you so much @rainbowlemon that's really helpful and useful advice, I will definitely bookmark it for future reference. (y)
I've always wanted to invest but I've never had the confidence..🤷‍♀️
I hope to change that mentality...why not?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Start small grow tall.

I was afraid of investing too until it felt right. Make sure you do read up first and you can start with just £1. I also like the channels: our rich life + nicole at the frugal cottage.

There's always a lot you can't predict and the market always crashes every 10 years or so . Again only use side money you will not need for at least 5 years. I don't attempt to day trade or buy on margin- I'm just a basic buy and hold girl.

I still have my Evraz shares. The company is owned by the Russain billionaire Roman Abramovich :ROFLMAO:The shares went from around £6 to £0.85 and the company is frozen at the moment. Sometimes the best advice is just not to look at your portfolio often.

" Fidelity noted an internal performance review on accounts to determine which type of investors received the best returns between 2003 and 2013. The customer account audit revealed that the best investors are dead or inactive. "

I still have the same fear with crypto. I created and verified an account but haven;t bought anything yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Start small grow tall.
That's exactly it! Who knows what the future holds but so long as you're not putting all your eggs into one basket - diversifying / depositing a bit here, a bit there - and not investing more than you can afford to, then what have you got to lose?

It's very much a savings account with a bit of a gambling aspect.

I set very low expectations with my portfolio so am often surprised when I do get returns. Some have been less than 10 cents, but hey - it's still a return!

• Heart

So for:

Water= United utilities

In my first year investing last year I made just over £80 in dividends. My younger 21 year old sister has already earned that within the first three months of this year but at the moment she invests + saves 80 % of her part time income. In 9 years time even if she doesn't add anymore. She will be much better off financially then I was when I started at 29.

The FTSE 100 is the top 100 in the UK.

It doesn't happen overnight but if your consistent your small snowball really can grow. The youtuber below has been investing for 13 years to get to where he is now. It all adds up:

View attachment 1169384
View attachment 1169392
View attachment 1169378

View attachment 1169367
View attachment 1169371
View attachment 1169374
View attachment 1169375

Thank you, that's really helpful. I have had an interest in investing for the past 10years or so. I have never taken the plunge as I have always been overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. My hubby is a risk assessor, and works with people who have lost thousands in dodgy savings, shares, pensions etc. He mostly sees the corruption and worst case scenarios. He is forever making me doubt myself.
I've just taken the plunge, as my heart is telling me to go for it. Have invested small amounts with a few companies. I Absolutely love this thread

• Heart
Hey, I love this thread! Just to give you a little insight into my manifest journey…
This time last year I was in a job I hated, I would wake up dreading every day, living for the weekends then Sunday around 3pm the work dread would kick in. I was putting off learning to drive, lie to everyone that I was looking for instructors and using the excuse that the instructors couldn’t fit into my hours of working etc etc.
But I would go to bed at night, dreaming of a day where I wake up happy, have a office job with a group of really supportive work colleagues, and I could be really independent and not have to rely on someone to give me lifts every day.
I would think constantly about how being independent would feel, how driving on my own would feel, how handing my notice in to my current manager would feel and how all these little situations would feel when I was doing them.
Time was moving on and I realised I was speaking to myself differently, I would change from ‘if I handle mynotice in’ it would be ‘when I hand my notice in’
‘I will pass my theory test’ ‘I will work for a big company who appreciates me’ etc

now a year on, i left that job and now I love my job, I passed my theory, I have my driving test booked for next week, and I am extremely happier and super independent!!
just to give you all an update, I passed my driving test first time with 2 minors! Passing has reallly taught me that everything is within reach

• Heart
Reactions: 12
just to give you all an update, I passed my driving test first time with 2 minors! Passing has reallly taught me that everything is within reach
Congrats!

❤

Just a small example I've had an old iphone 5 for the past 8 years. I've been wanting a new iphone for a while as some of the apps are no longer supported, but I haven't wanted to pay Apple prices for a new one.

Today I was given a second hand iphone 12 for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I logged into my paypal account for absolutely no reason yesterday and I had £5 credit on there. Im literally down to my last few pennies in my bank account, so this was a welcome surprise I was grateful for

Has anyone tried scripting and had any success? As in actually writing things down? I have heard of people writing a letter to someone or to the universe as if its already happened. I would to hear some success stories for motivation! :) or even just thoughts on it.
I wrote down "I am pregnant summer 2019" and I fell pregnant in the july 2019. I have recently wrote a letter to the universe but its a change of career, new location and house and financial freedom. Obviously a big load of manifesting that will take time, but I remain optimistic and grateful for what I do have right now. My health is my main focus at the moment as im not doing too good. I think once I knock these hurdles out the way, new doors will open for me and my manifestations with come to fruit ☺☺

Last edited:
  • Heart
There's an LoA group on 'Meetup' via Zoom that I try to catch up with whenever I can (the timing varies depending on who's hosting, and I'm not always available).

The great thing is, every time I do attend, there's always someone new, or someone I haven't seen before. Annoyingly, there seems to be a bit of friction in the group (isn't that often the case, even in these high vibration groups?), so depending on who hosts, a different crowd of people attends.

Anyhoo, we met last night and the host was someone who hasn't led before and was quite content just to let anyone speak rather than following a set agenda. One lady happened to raise the topic of shares, investments, etc., which was quite funny considering my post on here the other day! She asked if anyone had any experience applying LoA to these, to which several people commented.

The most interesting takeaway for me though, was a lady who said you have to focus on developing multiple income streams that will prop each other up when needed. Her examples were a cleaning company (honestly, if I had 10 cents every time someone told me they'd set up a cleaning company that was doing well, I'd be a millionaire!), oven cleaning company, rubbish removal company, house washing company, decluttering company, and gardening company. When people are doing well and inflation isn't so high, the cleaning company brings in a lot of money. But when the cost of living increases and people are looking to save money, they might cut back on their cleaner coming every day / week / whatever, but they might still be tempted to cough up the funds to get their oven cleaned properly. Rubbish removal is an essential service - it will always be in demand. Decluttering is mostly a one-off thing but once it's done, you can upsell your other services (cleaning). Of course this makes perfect sense! The lady in question operates her companies under a 'Group' but keeps each one separate (if that makes sense).

I have a friend who I've talked of on her previously - she set up a cleaning company that became so successful she ended up franchising it, then selling it for an absolute fortune.

To quote @pink_lemonade, Everything is within reach!

• Heart
I agree with the multiple incomes. My father has worked one day a week for the past 8 or 9 years after doing full time for the previous 15+. He does do overtime if he wants to, but gets to choose his own schedule.

He bought reduced shares in the FTSE 250 company he works for. He will drive relatives/friends around and has sold on ebay on the side. He doesn’t have an expensive car, he wears primark clothing and shops at Aldi mainly. He has just one coat not multiples.

Bob proctor also initially made his money cleaning offices! My 19 year sister has a job washing dishes in a bar.

The company waste management is also a large part of Bill gates portfolio. The UK equivalent would be Biffa.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.