Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How's everyone getting along?

I'm still trying to work on being more generous and taking it one day at a time.
I've had a few stressful low vibe days, but focusing on my gratitude has really helped me. And telling myself the universe is sorting things out for me, there will be a solution and it's all going to be okay. Did some lovely meditation in my garden in the sunshine this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Same here. My health has taken a hit and im on longterm sick from work. I still get payed thankfully, but I used to do alot of overtime. Just worried about money now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I've stopped trying to manifest anything. As a matter of fact, today I've tossed every single piece of paper I wrote my "dreams" on. I even tossed a plaque which stated "dreams do come true". No dream of mine has ever really come true, so I think it's time to let go and stop trying to force destiny. Last thing I manifested was my current apartment last year and I think the owner is now looking to sell. Everything I've ever manifested never lasted very long and ended up going haywire after a short period. The things that actually lasted were things I didn't try to manifest and just happened randomly. It gave me room for thought and I now realize you can't control your own destiny and if you try, it will only be for a short while.

• Sad
I've stopped trying to manifest anything. As a matter of fact, today I've tossed every single piece of paper I wrote my "dreams" on. I even tossed a plaque which stated "dreams do come true". No dream of mine has ever really come true, so I think it's time to let go and stop trying to force destiny. Last thing I manifested was my current apartment last year and I think the owner is now looking to sell. Everything I've ever manifested never lasted very long and ended up going haywire after a short period. The things that actually lasted were things I didn't try to manifest and just happened randomly. It gave me room for thought and I now realize you can't control your own destiny and if you try, it will only be for a short while.
That’s interesting. I would be interested in others views on this.

Reactions: 2
Maybe the lesson is, nothing has permanency and really the only thing that matters is the relationship to your own self. Happiness comes from within, the cultivation of being able to handle life stressors and to try and bring joy to your own life each day!
I’ve manifested things, but nothing has lasted. But that’s ok, it filled the need for the here and now I needed. Then it’s time to move along and dream new dreams……..

Reactions: 1
Maybe the lesson is, nothing has permanency and really the only thing that matters is the relationship to your own self. Happiness comes from within, the cultivation of being able to handle life stressors and to try and bring joy to your own life each day!
I’ve manifested things, but nothing has lasted. But that’s ok, it filled the need for the here and now I needed. Then it’s time to move along and dream new dreams……..
:ROFLMAO:

I agree with everything you said, but not the part in bold. Being secure within is one thing, but external factors certainly contribute to happiness.

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. Maybe there is a better apartment out there for you 💖. Nothing in life is permanent and everything is forever evolving and changing. As manifesters it's our job to continue to believe in ourselves, continually self develop and grow as people.

I grew up in poverty, am dyslexic and struggled in school. Always got told and believed I was worthless, from teachers, other students and my parents. I used to self harm as a teenager and young adult, and believed I was a mistake and had no purpose in this world. I had zero confidence and believed I would never have a good life. I was depressed and would only focus on everything negative in the world and my life. I then turned to law of attraction, and decided I would create the life I desire. I wasn't going to let my upbringing define who I was. I looked for the good in the world. I started to learn as an adult with no GCSE's. I did my maths, English and Science GCSEs at 34 and 35years old. I completed an Open University degree as well as lots of other online courses and rewrote my history. My CV is now full with lots of qualifications. I Tell myself everyday I am clever, intelligent and worthy and am working in a job I love. I am always offered 4month,6month contracts but the work is always flowing. I have beautiful children and live in a beautiful detached house. Two years ago I thought I'd never be able to afford a detached house. I try to mediate twice a week and count my blessings daily.

I started to be grateful for what I had, even if it was finding a dress I liked in a charity shop. I dared to dream and most of my dreams have come true (just need to win the lottery jackpot next 😉). I truly do believe in the law of attraction and I know it's cliche but honestly if it works for me then it can work for you too.

It's totally normal to have negative thoughts, no-one can be happy all the time. Acknowledge your thoughts and mindset, maybe meditate on it, journal it out and see what you can do to bring out the best outcome for things that are going wrong.

I read a quote that said something along the lines of "you don't receive anything, you don't believe you can have" and since then I have always believed I had, and am worthy for it. The one gift I have always had as a dyslexic (and I'm sure I have adhd as well )is I've always been a day dreamer. So now I just dream thats it's mine and I have it, which convinces my subconscious that it's already mine. I spend most my days in a daydreaming haze. I believed I had children even though I suffer from pcos and endometriosis (I did loose one baby at 25weeks) but went onto have healthy children. I believed I would get my dream job and I'm working it. I believed I would fall in love and feel worthy. I do. Now I'm telling myself and dreaming that I'm a millionaire. Will come back and let you know if that ever manifests 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I manifested my own home after years of renting. Now we're stuck with a house that needs 50+k worth of work doing to it. We weren't aware of all the work it needed doing, just excited to have our own home and get on the property ladder and it was so cheap (now we know why). Then covid hit and I had to shield, so no overtime could be done for house repairs, then I went on statutory maternity leave for six months which was hard financially, it was literally a 1/4 of what I was used to taking home. We got into debt on credit cards just trying to get by, so any spare change now goes on paying off debt rather than house repairs.We have had another child, so maybe it's the universes way of saying we need somewhere bigger and should cut our losses and move? Just gutted the house we dreamt off and manifested has turned into a nightmare, and now im losing hope as im on the sick awaiting spinal surgery! I feel your pain and finding it hard to stay positive. It's destroying me being cooped up in this house at the moment, especially as it's just falling apart around me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I manifested my own home after years of renting. Now we're stuck with a house that needs 50+k worth of work doing to it. We weren't aware of all the work it needed doing, just excited to have our own home and get on the property ladder and it was so cheap (now we know why). Then covid hit and I had to shield, so no overtime could be done for house repairs, then I went on statutory maternity leave for six months which was hard financially, it was literally a 1/4 of what I was used to taking home. We got into debt on credit cards just trying to get by, so any spare change now goes on paying off debt rather than house repairs.We have had another child, so maybe it's the universes way of saying we need somewhere bigger and should cut our losses and move? Just gutted the house we dreamt off and manifested has turned into a nightmare, and now im losing hope as im on the sick awaiting spinal surgery! I feel your pain and finding it hard to stay positive. It's destroying me being cooped up in this house at the moment, especially as it's just falling apart around me.
Same with my detached house, it was so cheap but needs so much work. But I remember all I asked the universe for was a decent sized 4bedroom detached house and I am now living in that. Next I want a house with a utility room and big driveway 🤣. It can be hard to stay positive but if you truly feel grateful for the house you own and ask the universe for a better house more suited for your needs and believe that house is out there waiting for you. You will find it.

I manifested my current place and on paper, it ticked all the boxes I had outlined down to the T. The rent was / is below market rate which is great but also part of the problem because I assume that's what could prompt the owner to sell. It was easier to get because I moved during lockdown when no one was seeking apartments in the city. I was super happy when I got it. However, as soon as I got the keys, I sensed some negative energy I couldn't shake and a year later, I can safely say I don't have a single positive memory in this place (overworked to the point where I got sick, severe mental health struggles, lost friends, death in the family). I also had a severe debilitating water pressure issue which the managing agent only repaired after 3 months of repeated chasing. I never really got to enjoy life in this place.

Now, the owner is probably seeking to sell because they can't increase the rent for it to match what's on the market.

I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for. While getting this place was a great help in the last year, if the owner sells, it is going to put me in a tough situation where I will have to fork another €400 to find a decent place in the midst of a severe housing crisis that is getting very competitive as people are now moving back to the city for work.

During this year, I woke up every morning feeling grateful for this place but ultimately, the result is the same. Gratefulness is good to enhance optimism and your mental health, but it is not a magic wand in itself, unfortunately.

I have to say, you really have to be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: 5
I just saw this thread and thought I'd join in. I do think there's something in it, though it isn't as easy as some 'gurus' make it seem. My favourite tutors are Neville Goddard and Joseph Murphy; especially Neville. His books are all available for free online and there are plenty of readings on YouTube; his language is a bit old-fashioned since he was active in the 60s but for me he's really convincing. And you don't have to pay a penny for anything to do with him!

I haven't manifested anything ridiculously huge yet, but my latest success was a big promotion despite utterly buggering up the interview. It was a seriously bad interview but I used Neville's 'revision' technique and kept reliving it as though it went really well, and within a few days I received an offer.

If it's OK to share, this 20 minute meditation is based on Neville's teaching and it's amazing for getting you in a good headspace - even if you don't believe in manifesting or you've lost faith in it, it makes you feel good!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just saw this thread and thought I'd join in. I do think there's something in it, though it isn't as easy as some 'gurus' make it seem. My favourite tutors are Neville Goddard and Joseph Murphy; especially Neville. His books are all available for free online and there are plenty of readings on YouTube; his language is a bit old-fashioned since he was active in the 60s but for me he's really convincing. And you don't have to pay a penny for anything to do with him!

I haven't manifested anything ridiculously huge yet, but my latest success was a big promotion despite utterly buggering up the interview. It was a seriously bad interview but I used Neville's 'revision' technique and kept reliving it as though it went really well, and within a few days I received an offer.

If it's OK to share, this 20 minute meditation is based on Neville's teaching and it's amazing for getting you in a good headspace - even if you don't believe in manifesting or you've lost faith in it, it makes you feel good!
Thank you for sharing, I will definitely give the meditation a go. I love Neville Goddard and will urge those lacking faith to try his ladder experiment, it's great for reininforcing the belief in law of attraction.

The idea is you imagine yourself climbing a ladder before going to sleep. Then certain circumstances lead you to climb a ladder in your 3d real life. If you climb a ladder regularly, you could try this with something else, for example manifesting a specific feather, or maybe riding a bike if you don't normally ride a bike. This experiment proves that your mind controls your reality.

Just copied these steps from a website. But if you Google there's loads of information and videos on it.
"When you go to bed tonight, try to remain a bit more alert than normal in order to do this exercise. It’s helpful to lie on the opposite side of the bed than what you are used to in order to do this.

Close your eyes and imagine yourself climbing up a ladder. Take this part slowly and imagine with detail. Literally take your time and starting from the standing position on the ground, in your mind’s eye reach out with your left hand and grab the rung. Do the same with your right hand and in your imagination climb this ladder one step at a time. Lift your left foot and climb and then again with the right foot. Slowly climb the ladder all the way to the top. When you reach the top, come back down again.

As you lay in bed with your eyes closed doing this exercise, feel the reality of it all. Make every attempt to clearly envision your imaginary hands and feet ascending and descending the rungs of the ladder. Focus all of your energy on doing this. This is very important. Continue until you fall asleep. Do this for 3 nights in a row.

“Imaginal Acts Become Facts“

Neville Goddard. Imaginal Acts Become Facts Lecture, 1972
Step Two:
At the same time you will need to have placed notes all over the place where you can see them; The notes should read “I will not climb a ladder.” Place them on your mirror, in your wallet, in your car, on your phone screensaver, and anywhere and everywhere so that you will be reminded throughout the day to “not climb a ladder.” Every time you see one of your notes, say with conviction that you will not under any circumstance climb a ladder. Affirm it and mean it. As with the bedtime visualization exercise, you will continue this exercise for three days in a row.

Step Three:
You’ve worked in earnest for three days in a row visualizing at night and affirming your notes during the day. Now is time to let it all go. Discontinue the bedtime imagination climbing the ladder exercise and also take down all of your notes. It’s time to stop affirming that you will not climb a ladder. Your work is done! Your imagination has received your instructions and will take it from here. Try to forget about the whole idea of climbing a ladder. Great work!"

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Wow that’s a lot going on at once. Massive hugs.
Know I am wondering if manifestation disrupts the balance of things?

:ROFLMAO:

I agree with everything you said, but not the part in bold. Being secure within is one thing, but external factors certainly contribute to happiness.
Yes, I hear you, that was more of a nod to people thinking something external will create happiness when actually it’s an inside job. Things such as new jobs, houses, weight loss, latest gadgets or shopping to fill a void etc……but it was more of a blanket black and white statement rather then nuanced.

Talking of doing the inner work, has anyone else heard of Giselle La Pompe Moore, because she has a book out called Take it in....and her approach is all about how you do the inner work first and then manifestation is a byproduct of that.

Sounds fairly grounded to me, both spiritual and practical, anyway when I read up on her, I just felt an instant connection of oh that makes sense, and I could do that? 🤷‍♀️

A guy I've started following on instagram Phil good life is someone to take note of for some of you. Someone I can resonate with. Find it hard to find a motivational speaker that doesnt sound like an mlm scheme (sorry 🙈) but this guy I just click with. Just thought I'd put it out there

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A guy I've started following on instagram Phil good life is someone to take note of for some of you. Someone I can resonate with. Find it hard to find a motivational speaker that doesnt sound like an mlm scheme (sorry 🙈) but this guy I just click with. Just thought I'd put it out there
You have hit the nail on the head. Most people sound like a MLM.

Reactions: 1
I prefer Lori Ladds. I doike Phil but something feels off……I am not sure what

I've been having some money blocks recently but over the last 3 days I've had either bills reduced or money incoming. Small but it's a start and I am so grateful for it 🙏🏽 it's reduced my stress massively

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.