Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today I discovered that there is someone charging something like NZ$60/month (minimum commitment of six months) for people to "learn" LoA using stuff that's readily available - for free - on the web. Seems that there are a few doing this ... so disappointing.
There's a lot of this unfortunately, people prey upon others who might be a bit lost/stuck/depressed etc and will be easily parted with money to try and improve their situation. Not just LoA stuff but in the wellness industry in general, there's a lot of scammy individuals.

Reactions: 5
I'm another one who is manifesting a better job (not that that would be very difficult! 😂 ). My only affirmation has been "I love my job" as I don't really know what I want to do career-wise. Whenever I catch myself dwelling on how much I hated my last job or how difficult / impossible it will be for me to find anything I start saying to myself "I love my job, I love my job."

So far I haven't found anything, but I have had really strong urges to look up job areas and industries that just would never have occurred to me before and I'm beginning to think that the universe is trying to guide me, as mad as that sounds.

I love lurking on this thread and reading about all your successes - it's really heartwarming.♥ And for those of us who've still got further to go, we'll get there!
May I suggest something?

I feel that you need to be more specific.

It's frustrating not knowing what you want to do, especially as job titles can be so misleading, but this is what I'd suggest:

Make a list of all the things you like doing, and pin it to your vision board. Visualise yourself doing a job that involves those things.

As an example, your list might include:
* Organising and managing events
* Interviewing staff
* Being the 'face' of a business
* Working in a big city

... then start visualising yourself doing each of these things while doing your daily meditation / visualisation.

Instead of saying, "I love my job" say, "I am grateful that the universe is helping me to find my dream job" (or something along those lines).

In making up the list of all the things you like doing, a pattern will emerge ... in the example above, the dream job appears to be working in a hotel as a Restaurant Manager (or equivalent). If a pattern doesn't emerge, you could set up job searches using key words (per the list of things you like doing), which might be helpful in shaping what your dream job looks like. As jobs come through that you like the sound of, print them and pin them to your vision board (whether you decide to apply for them or not), and include these in your daily meditation / visualisation.

Thank you all so much for your replies 🤍

I find cooking stressful and a chore, I hate all the prep involved 😅
I understand. Would it help to set up a TV or radio in the kitchen while you work? Or invest in some gadgets or some pretty kitchenware to work with?

So I had a bit of an anxiety attack earlier, I was sat on a bench on my way home and just consumed with dread. Didn't want to come home.

I am home now, but I've just watched a really interesting insta video on ayahuasca. Long story short, I think what hit home for me is just I need to spend more time in nature. And more time just being. Less time consuming media constantly and just to sit with myself.
Oh no!!!

I definitely agree with less time consuming media (in all forms). I blocked all the news sites from my browser for three months last year and I cannot tell you what a relief it was ... I felt lighter. I tend not to watch TV news as it's very depressing and didn't turn my radio on all that time either. Also, going for daily walks, rain or shine ... 5km (which is such a long trek for me!) was so helpful ... I listened to LoA podcasts while I was walking and only stopped when I hurt my ankle. Even sitting under a tree in a park or garden is good for the soul. I really love my bush walks, too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you all so much for your replies 🤍

I find cooking stressful and a chore, I hate all the prep involved 😅
Give Hello Fresh a go (not an ad 😂) they always have discounts and for me and my partner we do three dinners a week from there and only ever pay £20 odd quid, healthy really tasty and better than a takeaway. Got everything ready for you, I found I started enjoying cooking a little more again as I was trying new ideas. And I spend less doing that then going to the shop and buying loads of rubbish I don’t need.

Reactions: 7
I have an interest in this subject, not too fond of it's fancy new age packaging though. For me it has been like getting into a 'zone' of certainty (you could call it confidence, but it has a more playful sensation. Difficult to put into words!). In this 'zone' the course of my life has definitely been affected and improved. Most of all my inner self, which is the springboard to everything else, I believe.

Agree that becoming aware of what you allow your attention to absorb is important. I think for many people it is difficult to accept that we actually have a good deal of choice over what we consume. It's easy to think we can't control our attention (we are so used to allowing it to run away with us), but aside from emergencies/loss/poverty/abuse, we do have the freedom to choose. The news and especially tabloid media are soul sucking.

Notice your heart rate and feelings after watching the news (or reading the shite on Mumsnet for that matter!). For me it usually increases, it isn't pleasant.

I don't think you can simply focus or visualise an outcome and have it materialise. Action and belief are paramount. I tend to think it's about working on yourself and becoming more aware of your thought patterns and beliefs. If you identify with a thing, you may draw it closer to you (jealousy, rage, fear, disgust) So if you hate your home environment and wish to move, or your job, etc, it might be better to focus on accepting the 'now' and creating thoughts and interests that match the place/job you would prefer. Sort of like constructing a plan of what you desire then remaining in that mindset, even whilst still in a bad place.

Anyone interested in Eckart Tolle? I find his writing to really assist in calming the mind. He doesn't discuss manifestation but definitely useful for checking in with self awareness. ego and whatnot.

I have no idea if there is any validity in this stuff, that doesn't concern me. It's just really fascinating and has altered my inner life and sense of happiness at least. Most of the books/media in LOA are dreadful, but I have a few faves that I go back to every now and again.

• Heart
I don’t know why I struggle with giving money away and why i hold on so tightly.

In the past few days: Money I got back includes a payment of £400 from my father. Then an additional £20 from my grandfather.

I gave someone who does regular deliveries to us a small tip of £3.

I have an urge in my heart to give to someone (nothing large), but I find I really don’t want to at the same time.

Sorry I know this sounds like such a privileged concern.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi all, lurker on this thread but very interested in LOA & manifestation. Not sure if its already been posted on this thread but I really struggle with relinquishing control, letting go & trusting the universe. For context, I am in a monthly-target based industry and I am really hard on myself/judge myself if I have an unproductive day or things have not gone my way. I don't know if this is self sabotage but I really need to learn to let go, see the bigger picture and trust the process - easier said than done. Any tips appreciated.

I don’t know why I struggle with giving money away and why i hold on so tightly.

In the past few days: Money I got back includes a payment of £400 from my father. Then an additional £20 from my grandfather.

I gave someone who does regular deliveries to us a small tip of £3.

I have an urge in my heart to give to someone (nothing large), but I find I really don’t want to at the same time.

Sorry I know this sounds like such a privileged concern.
I understand completely.

You also have to be very careful about not being taken advantage of ... I will absolutely help someone who I know has a very real need and it won't be taken the wrong way, but I'm hesitant to help people I don't know ... a part of me wonders if I give it away, then that might be a sign to the universe that I don't need it? I definitely give to charity if I come into money though, which keeps the whole cycle going.

I have been taken for a fool by a relative and it really hurts. They've pleaded poverty to me and have literally been in tears, telling me all their financial woes - only for me to give them money which they've then spent like there's no tomorrow. After learning my lesson the first few times, I offered to pay those to whom they owed money directly; that turned out to be a bit of a headache for various reasons (including this relative telling them that I was the contact person for any future billing issues or overdue payments). I've even gifted pre-made meals and shopping to this same person, not liking the thought of them going without - often, I'd hear back from other relatives how they had gifted items to others.

Growing up, my parents would take things off me to keep the peace with my (narcissistic, whining) sister. Whatever I had, she wanted, and as this was a frequent occurrence when I was growing up, wanting to hold things close and not share them has been a running theme in my adult life (I'm not a hoarder by any means). It was much the same with money - when I got my first after-school job, cleaning the school library, my mother told me I had to hand it all over to her for "board" (I was 15 years old). When my best friend passed away, she left me $20k which was so unexpected and lovely; the amount of people lining up expecting a bit of it - who didn't even know this lady! - was staggering. I did give a bit to charity (in line with my LoA beliefs), but I became very protective over what became of the rest of it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Hi all, lurker on this thread but very interested in LOA & manifestation. Not sure if its already been posted on this thread but I really struggle with relinquishing control, letting go & trusting the universe. For context, I am in a monthly-target based industry and I am really hard on myself/judge myself if I have an unproductive day or things have not gone my way. I don't know if this is self sabotage but I really need to learn to let go, see the bigger picture and trust the process - easier said than done. Any tips appreciated.
I would suggest that you start by researching methods for relaxing and raising your vibration, as well as subliminals, binaural beats and affirmations.

If you put in the work - remove the self-doubt, stop questioning whether 'this' really works (it does) and focus on what you want to achieve (using the tools I've suggested above), you will feel a huge shift.

Start small - try to manifest receiving a compliment from one of your superiors, for example. Don't leap straight into wanting riches and material goods.

Once you feel ready, I highly recommend the use of a vision board ... just looking at things you want to manifest (they can be words, photos -- anything really), can raise your vibration and help you to feel motivated and excited. Eventually, you should work with your vision board when meditating (visualise yourself doing, feeling, seeing, hearing, smelling, etc., what you are trying to manifest).

• Heart
I understand completely.

I have been taken for a fool by a relative and it really hurts. They've pleaded poverty to me and have literally been in tears, telling me all their financial woes - only for me to give them money which they've then spent like there's no tomorrow. After learning my lesson the first few times, I offered to pay those to whom they owed money directly; that turned out to be a bit of a headache for various reasons (including this relative telling them that I was the contact person for any future billing issues or overdue payments). I've even gifted pre-made meals and shopping to this same person, not liking the thought of them going without - often, I'd hear back from other relatives how they had gifted items to others.

Growing up, my parents would take things off me to keep the peace with my (narcissistic, whining) sister. Whatever I had, she wanted, and as this was a frequent occurrence when I was growing up, wanting to hold things close and not share them has been a running theme in my adult life (I'm not a hoarder by any means). It was much the same with money - when I got my first after-school job, cleaning the school library, my mother told me I had to hand it all over to her for "board" (I was 15 years old). When my best friend passed away, she left me $20k which was so unexpected and lovely; the amount of people lining up expecting a bit of it - who didn't even know this lady! - was staggering. I did give a bit to charity (in line with my LoA beliefs), but I became very protective over what became of the rest of it.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your relative. Your giving says a lot about your kind heart. You are right though. It's wanting to be generous without being taken advantage of and having boundaries at the same time which bad childhoods don't teach us. experiences. For money I personally think as long as it's small amounts I wouldn't necessarily miss it's okay for me. I prefer to give away food in the supermarkets as it's just easier.

The amount was £25. I did meet up with the person today but I didn't give it to him and it feels wrong if I'm being honest. Going forward I want to not overthink so much and just do what feels right for me. I'll see him again soonish so will just give it to him the next I see him.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Do people have any affirmations for finding love? I’ve learnt from this thread I can’t manifest a specific person so I thought I’d try and manifest love instead?

• Heart
Do people have any affirmations for finding love? I’ve learnt from this thread I can’t manifest a specific person so I thought I’d try and manifest love instead?
Write down all the traits you’re looking for in a partner and want you want out of a relationship I.e. commitment, spontaneous, fun, etc. and do affirmations around like “I am open for a fun loving relationship” and picture yourself with a partner, spending time together and really FEEL those emotions xx

• Heart
Love this thread I became interested in LOA after I’d realised I’d unintentionally manifested my partner. We’re still together a few years later and never been happier. Loving all the suggestions that have been posted so far too. Has anyone got any good mantras for setting clear boundaries? I need to better protect my energy from draining people in my life.

• Heart
Love this thread I became interested in LOA after I’d realised I’d unintentionally manifested my partner. We’re still together a few years later and never been happier. Loving all the suggestions that have been posted so far too. Has anyone got any good mantras for setting clear boundaries? I need to better protect my energy from draining people in my life.
There's a great book about setting boundaries you can read? It's called the joys of being selfish by MIchelle Elman. It's amazing :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Firstly identify the drainers- who are they? Are the family members of or co workers? Limit your contact.

The subtle art of not giving a f**k was a game changer for me. I was a people pleaser said yes to things and events I didn't want to do.

You also don't have to reply to messages straight away either.

There's a great book about setting boundaries you can read? It's called the joys of being selfish by MIchelle Elman. It's amazing :)
Thank you I will download it :)

Firstly identify the drainers- who are they? Are the family members of or co workers? Limit your contact.

The subtle art of not giving a f**k was a game changer for me. I was a people pleaser said yes to things and events I didn't want to do.

Both unfortunately they’re very negative, needy and hard to be around. I find myself feeling drained when I’m around them. I’ll try this book too thank you for the suggestion.

• Heart

BIB - this was a big thing for me, I'd get so stressed not replying straight away. Now I've switched off all notifications and just check my messages throughout the day when I know i have time to reply

Write down all the traits you’re looking for in a partner and want you want out of a relationship I.e. commitment, spontaneous, fun, etc. and do affirmations around like “I am open for a fun loving relationship” and picture yourself with a partner, spending time together and really FEEL those emotions xx
Sorry to interject but I recently have been doing these exercises for things I want to manifest (the lists) and I was wondering what the follow up should be like? Do we just do the list once then not look at it again? Or should we read over it here and there to remind ourselves? Or should we be building on the list by doing other things like scripting or affirmations? Any advice on this would be great! Thanks!

Sorry to interject but I recently have been doing these exercises for things I want to manifest (the lists) and I was wondering what the follow up should be like? Do we just do the list once then not look at it again? Or should we read over it here and there to remind ourselves? Or should we be building on the list by doing other things like scripting or affirmations? Any advice on this would be great! Thanks!
It’s up to you but I think it’s best to read over, do affirmations and scripting- it wouldn’t hurt! Also work on any self limiting beliefs you might have i.ie oh I’m never gonna meet someone, all men are twats/idiots et. because if you’ve been putting out negative energy for days, weeks, months- LOA won’t work instantly! But also been grateful for the love you do have in you life etc xx

• Heart
It’s up to you but I think it’s best to read over, do affirmations and scripting- it wouldn’t hurt! Also work on any self limiting beliefs you might have i.ie oh I’m never gonna meet someone, all men are twats/idiots et. because if you’ve been putting out negative energy for days, weeks, months- LOA won’t work instantly! But also been grateful for the love you do have in you life etc xx
How do you work on self limiting beliefs? Just correcting yourself anytime a negative thought comes up in your mind? And thank you so much!

How do you work on self limiting beliefs? Just correcting yourself anytime a negative thought comes up in your mind? And thank you so much!
So, what I’m going to do is write down what self limiting beliefs I currently do have I.e I am not good, I do not deserve love, all men are liars and cheats, I’m never going to find my one true love etc. And be true honest with them. If there’s any you need to forgive yourself for then do.
Then on a new page, or under your current limiting belief, change your thought
‘I am not good enough’

I am good enough.

‘all men lie and cheat’

The men I’ve met previously haven’t met my values, but I will met one who does.

if You struggle, Google it and you’ll get more examples! ☺ And change you’re thoughts to match your new limiting beliefs!X

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.