Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got any recommendations on where to start? I’m not into podcasts or videos so any books or articles would be great
I would start with Rhonda Byrne's book, 'The Secret' and go from there.

It's important to recognise progress and opportunities in everything around you - a vacant carpark right outside where you need to go, for instance. Above all else, patience is key.

-------------------------

Just to add to my car story - it cost just over $5k and is a 2007 model - some might wrinkle their nose at that, thinking it's cheap and too old; but the point is, this particular make and model is perfect for my husband's stature and he'll be very happy (we're not materialistic people and would've been happy to keep old car going if she hadn't been costing us so much). I'm telling you this just to keep things in perspective.

Reactions: 2
I have been interested in the law of attraction for a while now and have recently started daily affirmations which has really improved my outlook. Things have been going well for me - a new job, nice boss (which I believe i manifested) and a good wage.

But this past week I've been ill with a sickness bug and have had to have time off. Then this weekend ive been ill and gp says I have hand foot and mouth so more time off tomorrow 😪

I now feel like something is sabotaging my good fortune or that it is a reminder that great things shouldn't happen to me.

Has anyone been through anything similar? Or any inclinations on why this is happening? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have been interested in the law of attraction for a while now and have recently started daily affirmations which has really improved my outlook. Things have been going well for me - a new job, nice boss (which I believe i manifested) and a good wage.

But this past week I've been ill with a sickness bug and have had to have time off. Then this weekend ive been ill and gp says I have hand foot and mouth so more time off tomorrow 😪

I now feel like something is sabotaging my good fortune or that it is a reminder that great things shouldn't happen to me.

Has anyone been through anything similar? Or any inclinations on why this is happening? Xx
Congrats on the positive changes.
I often think the universe gives us times like this to slow down and reflect.
Usually I have been over working, worried about things etc and it’s intended as a rest/reset. Not sure if that resonates with you?
manifestation cannot and will not remove the natural occurrences of life.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Congrats on the positive changes.
I often think the universe gives us times like this to slow down and reflect.
Usually I have been over working, worried about things etc and it’s intended as a rest/reset. Not sure if that resonates with you?
manifestation cannot and will not remove the natural occurrences of life.
It does resonate- thank you. Perhaps I need to change something somewhere regarding the hours I'm putting in. But also you're right maybe it's just one of those things.... Im just so frustrated that everything was going so well and now im having to take time off from a new job.

Could be mercury in retrograde!

Reactions: 4
Could be mercury in retrograde!
I had to Google this as ive heard it mentioned so often but wasn't sure what it meant 🙂 yes it could have been...

I'm feeling better today but feel worried that I've let my colleagues down as today was an important day at work so I'm doing affirmations to reassure myself and picturing everyone being happy to see me tomorrow 😂

Has anyone read the Roxie Nafousi book? I listened to a couple of podcasts last night and she just seems…a bit basic. Perfectly nice woman but don’t really get what sets her apart or why she’s had this mega rise to fame. She’s clearly mates with all the Made in Chelsea crown and from a privileged background.

Aww love that there is a thread on this! I first learnt about it when I was going through a breakup and have thought about it and used it a lot since.

I've got things in really unexpected ways and definitely think there is something in it but more in the way that it helps me to feel less anxious rather than believing in 'magic' - bad things have happened to me too and I don't believe we can escape illness or hard phases of life etc just by thinking positive.

For me I try not to be too specific, for example I would never wish for a specific person as a partner but would think I want to meet someone funny, kind, etc, and focus on how I would feel in the type of relationship I was looking for. I find it works better for me as it's easier to let go and be patient for, and sometimes we can want the wrong thing for ourselves e.g. if you want a specific guy, he might end up being an awful fit for you. Similar with jobs I ended up taking a completely unexpected career path with this mindset and am so relieved!

Letting things go and trusting that things will happen the right way and at the right time has kept me positive. I don't make it overlycomplicated. Journaling has also really helped me get all my thoughts and anxieties down on paper and feels like a release after.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Honestly, I don't think the two things are related. Practising LoA does not mean you'll suddenly become indestructible.

Perhaps have a go at trying to manifest great health?

Aww love that there is a thread on this! I first learnt about it when I was going through a breakup and have thought about it and used it a lot since.

I've got things in really unexpected ways and definitely think there is something in it but more in the way that it helps me to feel less anxious rather than believing in 'magic' - bad things have happened to me too and I don't believe we can escape illness or hard phases of life etc just by thinking positive.

For me I try not to be too specific, for example I would never wish for a specific person as a partner but would think I want to meet someone funny, kind, etc, and focus on how I would feel in the type of relationship I was looking for. I find it works better for me as it's easier to let go and be patient for, and sometimes we can want the wrong thing for ourselves e.g. if you want a specific guy, he might end up being an awful fit for you. Similar with jobs I ended up taking a completely unexpected career path with this mindset and am so relieved!

Letting things go and trusting that things will happen the right way and at the right time has kept me positive. I don't make it overlycomplicated. Journaling has also really helped me get all my thoughts and anxieties down on paper and feels like a release after.
Exactly this! This is the secret!

Letting go is a LOT easier said than done, but you have to do it.

I wouldn't be where I am today without my vision board, either.

Has anyone read the Roxie Nafousi book? I listened to a couple of podcasts last night and she just seems…a bit basic. Perfectly nice woman but don’t really get what sets her apart or why she’s had this mega rise to fame. She’s clearly mates with all the Made in Chelsea crown and from a privileged background.
I'd never heard of her in all honesty.

I just went to have a look - her website is beautiful and she seems to talk to the talk and walk the walk ... obviously her connections helped her along the way, but in these desperate times it's not hard to gain a following if you seem believable.

None of this (by this lady and many others) is new - it's just the same principles as 'The Secret', only written and marketed in a slightly different way.

1653276272287.png

This book does have (mostly) good reviews on Amazon.

Her IG feed is also beautiful - very clean - I love how she shares tips on her feed, too (she's not all, "Sign up for my workshops" and I'll share the knowledge with you" - she gives more than a few hints that she knows her stuff):

1653276611340.png

Last edited:
I know it’s not a one night fix, but i’ve got a large exam within a week.

My head is still full of so much self doubt . Even after taking multiple exams and this is my last one - if i’m being honest i still just don’t believe in myself .

I’m an adult but still cling to what i was told as a child. Four years of therapy but I still feel worthless and that I don’t deserve to live.

Back to listening to Joel Osteen despite his money scandal.

Last edited:
  • Heart

My head is still full of so much self doubt . Even after taking multiple exams and this is my last one - if i’m being honest i still just don’t believe in myself .

I’m an adult but still cling to what i was told as a child. Four years of therapy but I still feel worthless and that I don’t deserve to live.

Get journaling and visualising (as well as studying), and have a read of this:

You CAN do this!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Have you tried subliminals @rainbowlemon ?
I have been using them for a few weeks in a therapeutic capacity (basically focusing on root chakra issues and physical ailments related to that area) but I have found them very useful and healing, also admittedly painful but in the sense of releasing trapped pain
It has been helpful for me in getting rid of subconscious blockages and fear and self limiting beliefs a lot of which are created and passed on down by families (for want of a better description) stuck at recreating trauma or trauma bonding.

Admittedly it's good to be cautious in using them and definitely be selective (they are not always created equal) but then again that's true of anything, and I guess the trick is finding the ones that instinctively you feel drawn to, or the body relaxes with?
I guess it's no harm in trying, because you are also seeing a therapist and I don't think this would hurt and could even do some good?
I definitely think their is something in (in a sense) reprogramming ourselves or the subconscious?

Anyway I hope that could help. :unsure: ❤

I believe in you, you have the talent and intelligence and capability to do this, ❣
I want you to believe it too.
Also you deserve to pass your exams and qualify and be the best you can be for yourself, you are worthy you are deserving of this you can do this! 💫

Also if you would find it helpful (and it did help me) an inner child meditation can bring a sense of relief and letting go of the past?

Good luck 🤞 you are worthy of it, you deserve it and by your continued hard work and support of others you have more than earned it! ❤
You're a born healer and you'll make a great doctor one day because you come from a place of understanding and intelligence and empathy all things that are really needed in the medical profession right now.
The world needs more people like you in it, believe me (and i've had my share of mistreatment and lack of care in hospitals so I know what I am talking about) you are very valuable and precious.
I want you to know this, that even if you can't always see that yourself because of the way you were brought up, that isn't your fault, and maybe it's easier for others to see just how fundamentally decent, diligent, discerning and caring you are!
I mean that. Love to you 💖 you deserve it

Also this one is great in creating a positive mindset (when needed) I also use it myself when I struggle with depression or self doubt.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t have the emotional energy to write a detailed response but I just want to say thank you to everyone - your kind words made me cry. I will have a listen later on and also started journaling.

I started the exam affirmations as they have a sleep version too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Well that didn’t work out and i was so sure that I would pass my retake, because I also dreamt about it that was the one thing that gave me hope.Is it really my fault because I believed that I couldn’t whilst hoping that I would?

If anything this just makes me more suicidal then before. I can still technically write on my CV I passed x years.

I played the sleep affirmations. I have been studying on and off for a year.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Well that didn’t work out and i was so sure that I would pass my retake, because I also dreamt about it that was the one thing that gave me hope.Is it really my fault because I believed that I couldn’t whilst hoping that I would?

If anything this just makes me more suicidal then before. I can still technically write on my CV I passed x years.

I played the sleep affirmations. I have been studying on and off for a year.
Sorry you are feeling suicidal and not passing has made those feelings worse a d four years of therapy hasn’t worked. Sending a massive virtual hug, for what it’s worth.
how are you finding therapy? Do you think you have the right therapist?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know i’m not a good case study for therapy- with my first I started psychodynamic twice a week after I decided I would kill myself. So was already at absolute rock bottom. I ended with him a year ago, but he still picked up the phone today when I called him and spoke to me for a good 20 mins.

I ended therapy with him because I felt like we were just going in circles.

New therapist is Jungian and i’ve only seen him for 8/9 sessions on and off as I didn’t want fixed slots. We just talked about the sexual abuse with my cousin and grief I didn’t really bring up with the first. I don’t feel like I’m as close to him.

I don’t know if there’s any fixing me to be honest. I’m good with money but most days I don’t ever particularly feel good. Just casually suicidal though I was always high functioning.

They still gave me the option of transferring to another school and finishing the last bit that I need. But that would mean every more money down the drain.

I don’t know what is me and what’s is my mental illness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I know i’m not a good case study for therapy- with my first I started psychodynamic twice a week after I decided I would kill myself. So was already at absolute rock bottom. I ended with him a year ago, but he still picked up the phone today when I called him and spoke to me for a good 20 mins.

New therapist is Jungian and i’ve only seen him for 8/9 sessions on and off as I didn’t want fixed slots. We just talked about the sexual abuse with my cousin and grief I didn’t really bring up with the first. I don’t feel like I’m as close to him.

I don’t know if there’s any fixing me to be honest. I’m good with money but most days I don’t ever particularly feel good. Just casually suicidal though I was always high functioning.

They still gave me the option of transferring to another school and finishing the last bit that I need. But that would mean every more money down the drain.

Hello rainbowlemon. You are an amazing strong person and eloquent. Its not easy from experience to look inside and do therapy but it is brave. Do you actually like the subject you are studying. Years on in life I know very many successful and more importantly happy people who have not followed formal exams. Take care

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Not a good case study for therapy.……sounds like you bonded well with the first one and have yet to reach the right depths with the second one, don’t write yourself off though.
I felt suicidal as a backdrop,of being for over 20 years and live happy and free(ish) now of ill mental health. It’s trauma.you can find a way out. It can happen and I am rooting for you.

My personal recommendation would be IFS therapy Or a therapist which incorporates that.
understand the neurobiology at play here too. You are use to going down certain roads and reacting certain ways, it takes a lot of time to challenge and change these habits. And you will. So please be self compassionate and gental with yourself……..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.