Laurence Fox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't work out what's wrong with him. It could be some sort of long mental breakdown, it's also been suggested that he has NPD. I have no idea but he is very attention seeking. He's continually getting himself into trouble and seems to have no filter. Even when he has a valid point to make he goes OTT and doesn't articulate himself in a reasonable way. He ends up sounding like a petulant schoolboy and getting into stupid pointless fights with people.

Reactions: 3
There’s a bit of a streak of weirdness in his family anyway - isn’t his father some kind of evangelical Christian with links to a cultlike American ‘ministry’ called the Navigators?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
There’s a bit of a streak of weirdness in his family anyway - isn’t his father some kind of evangelical Christian with links to a cultlike American ‘ministry’ called the Navigators?
Yes, he left acting at the height of his career to become a preacher. He came back later to acting.

Reactions: 4
I can't work out what's wrong with him. It could be some sort of long mental breakdown, it's also been suggested that he has NPD. I have no idea but he is very attention seeking. He's continually getting himself into trouble and seems to have no filter. Even when he has a valid point to make he goes OTT and doesn't articulate himself in a reasonable way. He ends up sounding like a petulant schoolboy and getting into stupid pointless fights with people.
Do you not think he’s just a massive MASSIVE head?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Do you not think he’s just a massive MASSIVE head?
He’s that definitely.
I’d also say he has ADHD, have thought so since seeing a behind the scenes thing on the making of Lewis - he was like a hyperactive 12 year old with no filter at all.
Currently he seems to be in the middle of a massive mental, self sabotaging breakdown from which there’s now categorically no way back.
The only way now is down.

He’s that definitely.
I’d also say he has ADHD, have thought so since seeing a behind the scenes thing on the making of Lewis - he was like a hyperactive 12 year old with no filter at all.
Currently he seems to be in the middle of a massive mental, self sabotaging breakdown from which there’s now categorically no way back.
The only way now is down.
That might explain his lack of filter, along with arrogance due to his his privileged upbringing. He had everything handed to him and a successful career. I do think there's a mental health issue going on with him as well.

Reactions: 5
I do wonder what Richard Ayoade thinks of him. If Laurence was my brother in law, and we worked (tangentially) in the same industry, I’d be permanently mortified.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if his family still talk to him? He must be very embarrassing for them. Some people will wonder if they think the same underneath, if he got his views from his family. I can't imagine get togethers with him and Richard Adeoye both present being chilled.
He mentioned during the libel case that his sister was very upset at him wearing a Maga hat and I've read that he has begged Richard Ayoade to speak up for him.

Reactions: 3
I remember seeing him and his cousin Emilia Fox on Celeb Gogglebox and they seemed very close. He seemed very witty and erudite. Christ knows what she makes of him now - he's lost the plot completely. He also sounds slaughtered in that video with the bus driver.

Reactions: 12
He mentioned during the libel case that his sister was very upset at him wearing a Maga hat and I've read that he has begged Richard Ayoade to speak up for him.
They had a row apparently and RA was furious with him. I can’t imagine him losing his temper, but can absolutely understand how disgusted he must be with Fox.
It must be an awkward and difficult situation they’re in. I can’t imagine his sister has much to do with him now 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Richard A notably gave Graham Linehan a glowing review quote for his book which contained a lot of his anti-trans opinions. That made me see RA in a completely different light. Maybe he shares some opinions with LF after all.

Richard A notably gave Graham Linehan a glowing review quote for his book which contained a lot of his anti-trans opinions. That made me see RA in a completely different light. Maybe he shares some opinions with LF after all.

Good for RA. Linehan has at least had the guts to put his head above the parapet with the nonsense that is gender ideology. I think Fox thinks the same on that issue - doesn't mean I think he's anything other than an over- privileged twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
You haven’t read the book, have you. Maybe do that before deciding RA and LF are one and the same person based on what Pink News says about that book review.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You haven’t read the book, have you. Maybe do that before deciding RA and LF are one and the same person based on what Pink News says about that book review.
I have read it 😂 Have you? I’m a huge fan. And I don’t read the pink news whatever that is.

Reactions: 1
I have read it 😂 Have you? I’m a huge fan. And I don’t read the pink news whatever that is.
I have. I just can’t square a “huge fan” of Linehan’s finding him anything other than heroic or somehow arriving at the conclusion that Richard Ayoade shares Laurence Fox’s other weird opinions just because he liked Linehan’s memoir. Presumably then you also think the same about Linehan, and your huge fandom has been somewhat diminished?

On 'Fox and Father #014' on Youtube, Laurence talks about spending the half term last week with his family and mentions Richard was there.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have. I just can’t square a “huge fan” of Linehan’s finding him anything other than heroic or somehow arriving at the conclusion that Richard Ayoade shares Laurence Fox’s other weird opinions just because he liked Linehan’s memoir. Presumably then you also think the same about Linehan, and your huge fandom has been somewhat diminished?
Huh? I am a huge fan of GL’s work. I also really like RA. RA, I think, quite controversially gave him a review for his book, a huge chunk of which was about his opinions re: the trans issue. I don’t think it’s a massive leap to suggest that RA could potentially agree with what GL thinks. A lot of people agree with GL but don’t say anything, especially celebs.

Reactions: 2