Lauren Tickner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It appears as though people are falling for Lauren Tickners' aggressive sales spiel without doing any wider research beyond her accounts and claims. Some quick googling will prove that the accolades she claims to have aren't real. Based on a few posts here from those who have paid her for training, it seems as though she has a skill for spotting people in a tough-spot and then preying on them - just like MLMs do.

Social media allows influencers to sell lives that don't exist to desperate people who wish they did. Apparently a good 'business plan' is to find those desperate people who also happen to have a few grand knocking about for an 'entrepreneurship course', rinse them for every penny, and then move to a tax haven.

Reactions: 4
I knew it was all too good to be true. Here's a review I found on trustpilot:

Untitled 6.png

'Left in over 10k debt'! Awful. So exploitative.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This is all so interesting.
I followed her when she was at uni, and into fitness as I was getting into fitness and was losing weight and watched her macro counting videos etc. She was pretty awful then. She doesn’t stick with anything-gives up at first hurdle if not successful.
Dropped out of uni (bangs on about ‘leaving successful corporate job’)
Became involved with Shredded by Science to lend her name to an ebook on macros and fitness program that they wrote and passed it off as her own once they fell out and parted ways.
Got on the bikini bandwagon, but failed to place after one or two comps so gave up.
Decided to become a power lifter. Did a comp and made a big deal bragging about how much she could lift and bombed out. Gave up.
The leggings. Never forget the leggings. Desperately trying to compete with the equally awful (but way more successful Grace fit or whatever she calls herself). I mean who wouldn’t check the quality of the product before ordering in bulk?
I can’t understand why people would take business advice from a 21/22 year old uni dropout with no actual business experience.

Always bragging about being an online trainer for ‘years’ but I don’t think she completed the course, and I don’t think she’s ever had any fitness clients apart from that ebook that I doubt she wrote.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is all so interesting.
I followed her when she was at uni, and into fitness as I was getting into fitness and was losing weight and watched her macro counting videos etc. She was pretty awful then. She doesn’t stick with anything-gives up at first hurdle if not successful.
Dropped out of uni (bangs on about ‘leaving successful corporate job’)
Became involved with Shredded by Science to lend her name to an ebook on macros and fitness program that they wrote and passed it off as her own once they fell out and parted ways.
Got on the bikini bandwagon, but failed to place after one or two comps so gave up.
Decided to become a power lifter. Did a comp and made a big deal bragging about how much she could lift and bombed out. Gave up.
The leggings. Never forget the leggings. Desperately trying to compete with the equally awful (but way more successful Grace fit or whatever she calls herself). I mean who wouldn’t check the quality of the product before ordering in bulk?
I can’t understand why people would take business advice from a 21/22 year old uni dropout with no actual business experience.

Always bragging about being an online trainer for ‘years’ but I don’t think she completed the course, and I don’t think she’s ever had any fitness clients apart from that ebook that I doubt she wrote.
I am embarrassed to say that I could have written this word for word myself. Also started following her in her early days for the same reason and at this point I don't really keep up with her at all because she drives me a little nuts, but I am curious to see where her life takes her

Reactions: 5
I’ve followed her since the start and watched her evolve into what she is now. It seems to me that her sales tactic with anything is ‘just put a ridiculously high price on it, someone is always willing to pay it if you make them believe it’s worth it’. Ranging from her 10k online course, inflated influencer fees, ridiculously high PT prices etc. It doesn’t matter if the value is there as she already has your money.
Did anyone see the criteria for her boyfriend she posted a few months ago? Was so cringe. But what really pissed me off is that she goes on and on about his she’s in Dubai as she doesn’t want to pay tax so won’t ever live in the UK again as tax is too high etc but the second the pandemic hit she posted a story that she was flying back to the UK so that she could get free NHS care if she did get COVID, then she promptly left the UK when she was running out of days to stay tax free in the UK. Won’t pay tax but will come back to use the NHS, speaks volumes about a person.

Reactions: 19
I am embarrassed to say that I could have written this word for word myself. Also started following her in her early days for the same reason and at this point I don't really keep up with her at all because she drives me a little nuts, but I am curious to see where her life takes her
Yes-I unfollowed ages ago as she was not ‘adding value’ to my feed 😂 I sometimes come across her posts and reminds me of what I’m not missing and why I unfollowed 😂

Lol me too, I have also followed her since about 2017...

I wonder when she's going to stop using the 'dropped out of the TOP UK BUSINESS COURSE' and 'LEFT MY CORPORATE JOB' anecdotes as her main proof of being such a savvy businessperson. Like surely her track record of leaving things and then banging on about it is more damning than positive about her credentials.

I am just so fascinated by her, and wonder when this whole facade will unravel

Just checked her insta for the first time in ages... nothing much new is it? Still repeating the same old story of how she left her corporate job and started her own business. The thing is though, most people just don't have the privilege of financial stability or a wealthy family to fall back on to be able to do that, no matter how much they might wish they could, but she doesn't acknowledge any of this. She truly is blinded by her privilege. She thinks she's successful (although I think her wealth claims are very inflated) but I just find it kind of sad how her life revolves around making money. What about family and friends, and doing things that are really meaningful in life? Also, she needs to be careful spending all that time in the sun - her skin's going to age really badly. You can already see it's taking a toll.

Last edited:
Just checked her insta for the first time in ages... nothing much new is it? Still repeating the same old story of how she left her corporate job and started her own business. The thing is though, most people just don't have the privilege of financial stability or a wealthy family to fall back on to be able to do that, no matter how much they might wish they could, but she doesn't acknowledge any of this. She truly is blinded by her privilege. She thinks she's successful (although I think her wealth claims are very inflated) but I just find it kind of sad how her life revolves around making money. What about family and friends, and doing things that are really meaningful in life? Also, she needs to be careful spending all that time in the sun - her skin's going to age really badly. You can already see it's taking a toll.
Her corporate job was an internship, she makes it sound like she was a trader and she left that to start a business. She also never acknowledges that she lived in a middle class home at the time, i.e. never had to take any real risks (Privilege, as you say).

I have no doubt she’s making quite a bit of money, but I don’t see any personal growth in her over the years. Maybe it’s just me but WHO CARES that much about money once you’re meeting your basic needs to give you freedom of choice. This hustle culture of glamourising not having time for friends and family is so overplayed.

Reactions: 8
Latest stories-what a load of crap. She gave up at the first hurdle several times. Bikini, powerlifting, PT, Uni, the leggings saga. And comparing herself to successful (I haven’t checked them out so may also be master bullshitters) entrepreneurs. Girl is going to cringe when she grows up!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Noticed a second review of Impact School has gone up on Trustpilot, and it's as negative as the first (though appears to be written by a different person). It really sounds like such a scam.

Untitled 2.png

I still don’t understand what on earth she is selling? I have an actual corporate job (not her internship) and every time I watch one of her stories or posts I’m so confused as to what the hell she is on about.

I still don’t understand what on earth she is selling? I have an actual corporate job (not her internship) and every time I watch one of her stories or posts I’m so confused as to what the hell she is on about.
At least once a week I wonder this.

• Haha
I find her approach very MLM-like. The vague comments about being a boss, building an empire, living your dream… all while not really making it very clear what they actually DO.

Reactions: 9
Oh ffs, her latest post about how amazingly she dealt with missing her flight whilst others panicked. So much privilege.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Oh ffs, her latest post about how amazingly she dealt with missing her flight whilst others panicked. So much privilege.
Exactly. Also she put a story on saying a hotel had ‘reached out to her’ when she said she missed her flight. So they offered her free nights at their hotel. So it wasn’t her ‘personal development’ or ‘level of self awareness’ that lead her to not panic. It was the fact that she got free accommodation offered to her within minutes of putting on her stories that she was stuck in Vienna for a few days. Were the other 3 ‘panicking’ women offered free accommodation until the next flight? No. Pretty sure I would be panicking too if I was in that situation.

• Sick
Reactions: 7