Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KM857

I’ve followed her since the start and watched her evolve into what she is now. It seems to me that her sales tactic with anything is ‘just put a ridiculously high price on it, someone is always willing to pay it if you make them believe it’s worth it’. Ranging from her 10k online course, inflated influencer fees, ridiculously high PT prices etc. It doesn’t matter if the value is there as she already has your money.
Did anyone see the criteria for her boyfriend she posted a few months ago? Was so cringe. But what really pissed me off is that she goes on and on about his she’s in Dubai as she doesn’t want to pay tax so won’t ever live in the UK again as tax is too high etc but the second the pandemic hit she posted a story that she was flying back to the UK so that she could get free NHS care if she did get COVID, then she promptly left the UK when she was running out of days to stay tax free in the UK. Won’t pay tax but will come back to use the NHS, speaks volumes about a person.

Reactions: 19

macrofriendly

VIP Member
In her bio she claims 'Forbes Magazine’s Number 1 Trusted Business Coach in 2021' yet when I look it up I found that wasn't quite the case. It sounds like she won some prestigious award but really it's just this tiny article about coaches, in which Lauren happens to be the first one listed. She's queen of over-inflating her worth.
My fave thing is that she still bangs on about her being a slave to the corporate world when in reality she did a few months work experience at an office in London when she was 18 lulz

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Cheebachoo

Chatty Member
This is all so interesting.
I followed her when she was at uni, and into fitness as I was getting into fitness and was losing weight and watched her macro counting videos etc. She was pretty awful then. She doesn’t stick with anything-gives up at first hurdle if not successful.
Dropped out of uni (bangs on about ‘leaving successful corporate job’)
Became involved with Shredded by Science to lend her name to an ebook on macros and fitness program that they wrote and passed it off as her own once they fell out and parted ways.
Got on the bikini bandwagon, but failed to place after one or two comps so gave up.
Decided to become a power lifter. Did a comp and made a big deal bragging about how much she could lift and bombed out. Gave up.
The leggings. Never forget the leggings. Desperately trying to compete with the equally awful (but way more successful Grace fit or whatever she calls herself). I mean who wouldn’t check the quality of the product before ordering in bulk?
I can’t understand why people would take business advice from a 21/22 year old uni dropout with no actual business experience.

Always bragging about being an online trainer for ‘years’ but I don’t think she completed the course, and I don’t think she’s ever had any fitness clients apart from that ebook that I doubt she wrote.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

WingingIt

The people who work for her aren't being paid anything. I know someone who did, and apparently her team are all doing it for free for "experience". So she's simultaneously telling her followers to value their time and efforts extremely highly, whilst expecting her team to work for free.

She's basically selling business advice without ever having run any other business. It's essentially rehashed and totally unoriginal motivational speaking from what I can tell. I suspect the numbers and amounts she's claiming to earn are all totally bullshit too.

The 'FORBES TOP TEN ENTREPRENEUR' type awards she claims to have aren't ever true, either. If you look at those articles where she's mentioned, all of them are paid for blog-style content from PR agencies, rather than objective assessments from Forbes or whomever else.

Reactions: 9

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I find her approach very MLM-like. The vague comments about being a boss, building an empire, living your dream… all while not really making it very clear what they actually DO.

Cheebachoo

Chatty Member
Hi Lauren,

It’s clear that you read this forum.
Yes it is concerning that those who have never run a successful business are running businesses telling others how to run their business. Because that’s exactly what you did right?
Strengthfeed was hardly a majorly successful business. The guys at shredded by science wrote a generic training plan and a how to track macros e book that they stuck your name on and your strengthfeed hashtag and charged £40. There was a strengthfeed face book group. And that’s it. You lost your gymshark sponsorship because you decided to make your own leggings but that didn’t go so well did it? Must really irk that the equally obnoxious Grace Beverley is doing so well.
You didn’t have a more successful business that your professors combined. Come off it! I expect you were making some money from IG and the ebooks. You dropped out because you couldn’t hack Uni. Like you couldn’t hack bikini, like you couldn’t hack powerlifting.
Just have some humility, speak truthfully and stop scamming the vulnerable.

Attachments

lilamay

VIP Member
Can't stand watching her. Whilst giving her 'advice', she completely overlooks her own (huge) privilege that allowed her to just drop out of uni, fall back on her rich parents and start a business. She fails to acknowledge the barriers that most people face. I also think it's just quite gross how money-obsessed she is. And of course, she's openly a Tory voter.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I used to follow her when she was purely fitness, then it all got a bit weird - I don’t really understand what she does, what are these “deals” she is making?! Plus I remember seeing her openly post about voting Tory last December :sick: which is when I unfollowed her. It’s all about money for her (she moved all the way to Dubai just to avoid paying tax?!), I have no interest in whatever she is selling/doing.

Reactions: 8

lilamay

VIP Member
I knew it was all too good to be true. Here's a review I found on trustpilot:

Untitled 6.png

'Left in over 10k debt'! Awful. So exploitative.

• Wow
Just checked her insta for the first time in ages... nothing much new is it? Still repeating the same old story of how she left her corporate job and started her own business. The thing is though, most people just don't have the privilege of financial stability or a wealthy family to fall back on to be able to do that, no matter how much they might wish they could, but she doesn't acknowledge any of this. She truly is blinded by her privilege. She thinks she's successful (although I think her wealth claims are very inflated) but I just find it kind of sad how her life revolves around making money. What about family and friends, and doing things that are really meaningful in life? Also, she needs to be careful spending all that time in the sun - her skin's going to age really badly. You can already see it's taking a toll.
Her corporate job was an internship, she makes it sound like she was a trader and she left that to start a business. She also never acknowledges that she lived in a middle class home at the time, i.e. never had to take any real risks (Privilege, as you say).

I have no doubt she’s making quite a bit of money, but I don’t see any personal growth in her over the years. Maybe it’s just me but WHO CARES that much about money once you’re meeting your basic needs to give you freedom of choice. This hustle culture of glamourising not having time for friends and family is so overplayed.

I really can’t comprehend how she has fans?? She’s no anything special and I can’t deal with her constant showing off
Her sense in fashion is shit and quite frankly the way she uses social media drives me up the wall. For a business woman she really has no idea what she’s doing on it.

Reactions: 7
Okay everyone, this is my story! I graduated from being a personal trainer about two years ago, and at the time I was a struggling contractor in a big box gym. I reached out to Lauren, because she was the only influencer/business coach that I knew of that specifically catered to fitness professionals. I had been, at that point, following her since early early 2017 – I’m talking, I might have even been following her in late 2016 when I started my fitness journey. On the call, she was incredibly pushy and told me that I was making a mistake by being a one on one personal trainer and a gym, – why would I do that when I could be focusing solely on my online business? I told her, that’s a big risk. But she doesn’t listen of course! She was really pushy. Anyway, I’m really glad I didn’t do it! I went to my bank and asked for a loan for the course, and the lady told me don’t do it, go to one of the local business coaches instead. First of all, this woman probably doesn’t even know about your local market lease alone about anything to do with business at all. I’m glad I listened! I ended up having to block her because she kept messaging me

My personal thoughts on Lauren is that she has terrible fashion sense, and I really don’t like the way she looks so smug and all of her photo shoots and professional photos. I think her strength has always been her stories with the question and answers, bc even though I don’t particularly like her I still find them entertaining.

Oh, and I have one more thing to say! Her voice absolutely grates me and it always has. The way she says the letter “I” (eg: “optimiiiiiiise”) and all of her vocabulary absolutely rubs me up the wrong way. It’s like she’s trying to sound more posh then she actually is?

It's the cringey emails and scammy posts and stories for me. I've followed Lauren since her uni days and her change has been... Woah. All she cares about these days is money and making other people feel beneath her. I can't imagine she has a lot of real life friends and her lifestyle seems very smoke and mirrors.

Lol youre famous. Made it to her story.
I know! Hey Lauren love xx that was fast, must read here often 👀 I'd love to hear your 100% true, honest business story. Not with all the fluff, buzz words, and drivel. Explain why your companies house and what you claim on social don't match up. If you're so amazing, why are the trust pilot ratings so bad apart from the few people you post over and over every single day?

• Heart
  • Haha

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I honestly don’t get it. The way she talks is like a MLM or pyramid scheme? It’s all jargon. My partner owns and runs his own business and he doesn’t talk like that 😅 It’s so cringey!

KM857

Oh ffs, her latest post about how amazingly she dealt with missing her flight whilst others panicked. So much privilege.
Exactly. Also she put a story on saying a hotel had ‘reached out to her’ when she said she missed her flight. So they offered her free nights at their hotel. So it wasn’t her ‘personal development’ or ‘level of self awareness’ that lead her to not panic. It was the fact that she got free accommodation offered to her within minutes of putting on her stories that she was stuck in Vienna for a few days. Were the other 3 ‘panicking’ women offered free accommodation until the next flight? No. Pretty sure I would be panicking too if I was in that situation.

• Sick