Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I know she’s a knob, but I feel a bit sorry for Laura. She seemed to take no proper mat leave, kept working to keep her jobs going and she got dropped from 5 live and love island anyway. She missed time with her precious newborn to do celebrity juice etc.
I don't feel sorry for her because she was out every fecking night if the week when that baby was small, and they weren't all work events. She's a twat and I fully believe if she was better at her job she would have been able to take a proper maternity leave and be confident that there'd still be work for her when she was ready to return.
She's bad at her job and her priorities are up her bum.

Reactions: 27
Emma is likeable, down-to-earth and a brilliant presenter. I’ll never forget that interview she did with Roxanne Pallett in Celebrity BB a few years ago after she had lied about being hit by Ryan Thomas. She was straight in there, no bs, digging for explanations and answers and not letting Roxanne away with any of her manipulating ways or cries for sympathy. She’s full of credibility, compassion, integrity and emotional intelligence.

Laura would make BB all about herself and her outfits and makeup, with zero fcuks given about the housemates.

Eureka

VIP Member
Laura is currently trawling her photos to find some connection to Christine McVey 🙄

• Haha

Eureka

VIP Member
Don't like her at all but with that journo, was it not that she was asking for her to confirm the name of the child cause they were running a story on it anyhow. I get famous people face scrutiny being in the public eye and maybe it's just me but is bringing in children and babies of celebs into the public eye really OK? Like they can't consent and more importantly they aren't the ones in the public eye so I do understand why she was a mama bear in her response

Also I hate that I love her style on Instagram too🤣
I thought the request from the journalist was very polite. Like it or not, when you are in the public eye you will be asked about your private life including children. Laura’s response of sharing the private message was a deliberate attempt to encourage a pile on of the journalist. It was a complete overreaction to someone just doing their job and a nasty thing to do.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I’ll never not be shocked at that clip. She had zero class and decorum filling in for Caroline. The circumstances surrounding her replacement were not a call for celebration. That clip just shows Laura up for the self serving ignoramus she really is

Reactions: 26

MuthaCuppa

Chatty Member
Do we think she hasn’t got a pic of her and Tom Parker together, with her front and centre, and that’s why she hasn’t posted a tribute to him yet?

• Haha

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Just to confirm - Kate Garraway is taking a break from her Sunday show, to film another project about her husbands recovery. Laura has the stand in gig with a slightly tweaked format (and shortened episodes) for 6 weeks.

And she’s announcing it as though she’s been given her own ‘chat show’ 😂😂😂

• Haha

Eureka

VIP Member
And that's fine, people don't have to agree but it is harsh. Yes, agreed she is a 'jeb end' for more reasons than LI but I don't think comparing her to Caroline is fair. Whoever took over that role was always going to have this downfall
I don't think its that she took over from Caroline that gets up people's back. Someone had to do it. It's her attitude. Caroline was her friend she said and yet she was only too delighted to take her job. I get she was happy to land such a high profile gig but have a bit of tact and remember why you have the job in the first place. That video of her dancing on the bed when her "friend" was going through such a difficult time was cruel.

showerbelle

How embarrassing for her LOL
Why does she always pull those ridiculous faces and positions? As irritating as she is she is undoubtedly attractive imo but these photos always look bloody ridiculous- can't think of a reason at all, doesn't come across as high fashion or quirky or anything.

• Haha
She’s so awkward to watch live. She hits a dud note with all her interviewees as she never listens to them or reads them properly, cuts across them and doesn’t pick up on interesting things they say, comes across so stilted and scripted you’re almost nervous watching her as you can see her internal freak outs about hitting the next cue or hitting the ad break. Then it’s all shouty OTT and weird jerky stances as if she’s trying to overcompensate for her nerves.

I get it’s live TV so challenging for anyone in her position. But let’s be frank: she’s paid far too much and in too high profile a TV gig to be this amateur-hour in her presenting. A good presenter will make it all seamless, you won’t be as aware of cue cards or notice timing issues, the guests will be comfortable and confident and will open up and entertain the audience. Whitmore is just so not right and if she wasn’t as deludedly confident as she is, she’d know this herself by now.

• Heart

Tui

VIP Member
I think its a bit harsh and unnecessary to bring up Caroline's goodbye post compared to Laura's.
When Laura stepped up to do LI, Caroline had come out and said she was pleased that it went to her friend and she was only going to hold the Fort whilst Caroline went through all the police business, sadly tragic things were to come and noone could forsee that. I think the attitude towards Laura is actually awful. Considering the ex presenter of LI took her life and the big be kind movement happened, the comments on here who seem to be all for Caroline are shocking. Laura gets so much shit for doing LI, I'm not surprised she stepped down.

I'm not exactly a fan of hers as I do find her annoying and a little smug but I think the way she's been treated by the public due to LI is shocking and I'm not surprised she's left.
Meh nobody here will agree. She’s a jeb end for more reasons than love Island

• Angry

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
I think its a bit harsh and unnecessary to bring up Caroline's goodbye post compared to Laura's.
When Laura stepped up to do LI, Caroline had come out and said she was pleased that it went to her friend and she was only going to hold the Fort whilst Caroline went through all the police business, sadly tragic things were to come and noone could forsee that. I think the attitude towards Laura is actually awful. Considering the ex presenter of LI took her life and the big be kind movement happened, the comments on here who seem to be all for Caroline are shocking. Laura gets so much shit for doing LI, I'm not surprised she stepped down.

I'm not exactly a fan of hers as I do find her annoying and a little smug but I think the way she's been treated by the public due to LI is shocking and I'm not surprised she's left.
I was literally only posting that to show that even when Caroline had been made to quit she could still be gracious and wish the team well whereas Laura who has apparently quit because she can’t fly back and forth was very abrupt and didn’t even thank itv2 or the crew who make the show happen each year. Also Laura didn’t ‘step up’ to do love island she literally told her agent to push for ‘her friends’ job as soon as she was made to quit and then danced around on the bed on the first day of filming.
Caroline and Laura were not good friends. All Laura has ever done is use Caroline for clout. She even put her radio show where she spoke about Caroline’s death up for an award. She is still doing it now in her announcement that she is quitting love island. Laura doesn’t know how to ‘be kind’.

Last edited:

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Translation: no one wants to hire me so I have to spin it to save face
So next time she does an ad for Lay Buy or Klarna or similar, that's just nourishing her soul then. Got it

(btw, I don't care about celebs doing ads for the most part, but she does come out with the most sanctimonious twaddle 😂)

Reactions: 25
Yeah neither Flackstock or Natalie Pinkham are following her on insta either. The game is up on her pulling this “BFFs with Caroline” line after her mum referred to her in such blatantly contemptuous terms to the papers a few months ago. Anyone who was actual friends with Caroline must be sick of her shtick and the complete lack of integrity she’s shown about Caroline in life and death. Swooping in at her lowest moment to assume her coveted job, then speaking “on her behalf” before her body was even cold to push ratings for her so-bad-it’s-now-cancelled radio show and now hijacking the grief posts with her “here’s me looking fabulous standing beside Caroline at various public events because we were best buddies.”

She’s gross, crass, narcissistic beyond saving and without a shred of integrity or morality.

Reactions: 25