Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sparklemotion

She's on Her.ie today claiming she has gotten the same abuse as Caroline Flack, honestly the more she talks about her the more convinced I become that her eyes lit up with dollar signs in the aftermath of her death.
Laura, if you are reading here will you please stop name-dropping Caroline in relation to trolling you receive, I am sure her family want her to be remembered as more than a cautionary tale on tabloid culture. It's also a weird way to talk about someone you claim was a friend.
And incidentally, if you were actually a genuine friend of Caroline's when she was alive, 1. You would not have jumped on a job she lost due to huge turmoil in her personal life. 2. Her family would have asked you to contribute to the deeply personal documentary they put together in tribute to their daughter and sister. They did not and that pretty much says it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Laura definitely did NOT quit 5Live, there are a few different reports / releases about it. Her show was provided by a subcontracted production company who were asked to look into making some tweaks and improvements earlier this year. In the meantime Stacey Dooley guest presented and the feedback improved. Her show was one of the worst performing on 'listen again' figures via BBC Sounds, and the listening figures were shocking in comparison to it's predecessors in the same timeslot (news quizzes, panel talk shows and politics shows etc).

5Live have offered a freelance deal to Gordon Smart who they wanted since he moved into broadcasting with Radio X a few years back, they really liked him after a test pilot and put him straight into the slot while Laura was on Love Island this summer (not that she ever was, like).

BBC told the production company they weren't looking to renew it. Sounds like either an agreement was reached to say it was mutual or she was stepping down, but in fact her show was no longer going to exist (not on that station anyway), so they obviously got out in front of it.

So her 'busiest year ever' has started with her being overlooked for an Olay contract, having Celebrity Juice cancelled and having her radio show cancelled. It's going great, huh?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

zebraflow2

Screenshot her announcement as I assume it'll be reworded/edited quite shortly, as it's SO blunt and brief currently!
Name-dropping Caroline at the end defines Laura perfectly. Tasteless. We’ll see if there’s anything more to this if Ian leaves too, which I doubt as it’s the only relevancy he’s still got.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

jackolantern

VIP Member
At the end of the day whatever you think of Laura personality wise, she's a fucking shit presenter and should have been given the boot for that alone. If in any other industry you can't do your job, you get the sack, so it shouldn't be any different just because you are in the public eye. She chose this life. Be kind doesn't make you exempt from underperforming at work and being treated accordingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Okay you gotta give it to her when she does something right, the new drop of those necklaces going towards Ukraine aid is a lovely initiative! Closest I’ve come to liking her in a while
Just a quick bit of :coffee: on her jewellery line. She announced it, then shortly afterward said she'd been blown away by the demand, and that it had totally sold out, but they were working hard to make more available.

This was always the plan, the oldest branding trick in the book to drum up publicity. The original stock level, that sold out, blowing her away, was... 30 units :cool:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

ohjaysus

C03E9594-18FF-40F8-93DC-E443F7C082ED.jpeg
51586512-17DC-4BD2-AFD6-45BEE5ED8A46.jpeg

omfg so at first she slams the article for saying she earns £744 per seconds (ridiculing them with how much she would have earned just posting her story) … then reposts that reel with her gapey mouth “explaining misconceptions” in which she says she ONLY gets paid for times she is working. So with a £600,000 contract and 14 minutes on the show so far, she IS in fact getting paid £744 per second. Like what is her point? Is she thick? There’s no speculation, there’s no bullying … the journalist who wrote the article did exactly what Laura told the media to do: reflect her pay on her length of time worked

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh that triggers me. Jacinda Ardern is a goddamn boss and I salute her for being honest about her limits and having boundaries with work and standing up for what is right for her and her family. I've been burned out and kept pushing beyond my limits in the corporate world and this completely inspires me to see a powerful woman follow her own truth and not bowing to pressure.

What doesn't inspire me in even the tiniest way is The Shitmore skipping merrily into a dead woman's shoes that she pretended was her "friend" because the dead can't defend themselves, in a job that she would proceed to be utterly sh1t at and then jumping before she inevitably would've been pushed and pretending it had anything to do with her integrity. The woman can't go a day without insta posting 4x selfies of herself in various poses, she'd have stayed in LI til she was 40 if the pushback and online resentment wasn't real. She quit and made a sweetheart deal with ITV to be able to save face and tell the press it was a creative issue rather than a her-being-useless issue.

Narcissistic pleb.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
It's just sad that people forget how Laura took this role in the first place. When Caroline was ALIVE and struggling.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Considerable contributions to the industries?!?!?! 😂😂😂😂
She asked BAFTA if she can join and they said yes. It’s not as if they begged her to become a member. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone post their BAFTA acceptance letter on social media before

It’s not like getting an OBE or MBE or something

• Haha

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
It really annoys me that she is happy to show other peoples babies on her Instagram. She doesn’t show her own babies face to protect her privacy and quite right but she doesn’t care about the privacy of the child she is happily posting on her stories 🤷🏻‍♀️

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Only read two minor reviews so far, and they’re hardly glowing:

“As Jenny, Whitmore is an exhausted mum who's reaching the end of her tether. A shaky delivery betrays her loneliness, being left by herself with a newborn for long stretches of time due to Sam's job. She comes off slightly strained during Robins's quick dialogues, waiting for her cue and rushing to answer her cast mates, but her presence grows from a sweet and delicate wife to a purposeful, strong mother who's out to protect her child”

“Making her West End debut, Laura Whitmore - initially a little hasty in her movements, she soon wins us over with charm, and we find ourselves rooting for her to find out what has been happening. Her maternal instinct is palpable, but her emotional performance feels more one dimensional than that of the other characters. Felix Scott, Tamsin Carroll, and Matt Willis (playing Sam, Lauren, and Ben respectively) seem much more at ease onstage from the outset.”

“In her West End debut, Laura Whitmore unfortunately fails to “wow” as Jenny, but is able to hold her presence on stage. Although well-supported by the rest of the cast, the integral role that Jenny plays in the narrative is hindered by irregular pacing and overly-heightened dialogue.“

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28