Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She entered an MTV competition after college and got a fast-track to a TV presenting gig and all that comes with it. There's a lot of things to complain about with this one, but moving to London is absolutely not one of them. RTE is practically bankrupt and has been for years and TV3/whatevertheycallitthesedays is twice as bad and that about sums up the Irish TV market.
You obviously don’t know a lot about the irish TV market. The industry/sector is booming at the moment and has been steadily increasing over the past 5 years. Crying out for skilled staff. So no it’s not necessary to move to UK to have a decent career here in that sector. Many irish production companies supply to international vendors such a bbc Netflix etc. Not just the two main broadcasters

You obviously don’t know a lot about the irish TV market. The industry/sector is booming at the moment and has been steadily increasing over the past 5 years. Crying out for skilled staff. So no it’s not necessary to move to UK to have a decent career here in that sector. Many irish production companies supply to international vendors such a bbc Netflix etc. Not just the two main broadcasters
Maybe she wanted to raise her profile and put herself out there for more jobs? Absolutely nobody outside of Ireland knows who kathryn Thomas or any other rte presenter is? 🙄 Fair play to her. I am Irish and I would have done the same.. RTE cannot do anything right anyway

Reactions: 6
rte also get one female presenter and put them on every show going for years. there would be a lot of competiton for those jobs. but besides that if you get offered an mTv job, ofc you will take it, i dont care what anyone else says, noone is turning down that

Reactions: 9
Maybe she wanted to raise her profile and put herself out there for more jobs? Absolutely nobody outside of Ireland knows who kathryn Thomas or any other rte presenter is? 🙄 Fair play to her. I am Irish and I would have done the same.. RTE cannot do anything right anyway
Yes I guess it’s different when you’re in an on camera role. Thought I’d add a general perspective though w regards to the industry. I don’t see why there’s any criticism to her going to the UK. Maybe the plan is to raise her profile there then retire here with an RTE presenting job. Like teachers/drs who go to oz for experience and eventually return home

Reactions: 5
Yes I guess it’s different when you’re in an on camera role. Thought I’d add a general perspective though w regards to the industry. I don’t see why there’s any criticism to her going to the UK. Maybe the plan is to raise her profile there then retire here with an RTE presenting job. Like teachers/drs who go to oz for experience and eventually return home
Maybe it’s different for production staff I dont know 🤷🏼‍♀️ Laura strikes me as the type that wants her profile raised to the max and she wasn’t going to be able to do it here. A lot of Irish presenters have worked in rte and moved over to the uk and are now household names making more money than they ever would here

Reactions: 2
I see she's starting to share pics of the baby who must not be named. For someone who claims fiercely protective of her child she seems to be happy showing her to the public which doesn't jive with her earlier paranoia. Ok so its not her face but still. I suppose when you are facing a void in your career you have to use anything you can to make yourself seem relevant and relatable.

Reactions: 7
I see she's starting to share pics of the baby who must not be named. For someone who claims fiercely protective of her child she seems to be happy showing her to the public which doesn't jive with her earlier paranoia. Ok so its not her face but still. I suppose when you are facing a void in your career you have to use anything you can to make yourself seem relevant and relatable.
Laura will be like Rochelle Humes in no time, when she realises how much money her kid can make her, Stevies privacy will go out the window!

Reactions: 18
rte also get one female presenter and put them on every show going for years. there would be a lot of competiton for those jobs. but besides that if you get offered an mTv job, ofc you will take it, i dont care what anyone else says, noone is turning down that
Unless music is your field, forget about it

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yep you need to be passionate about music to do a few links about teen mom and ex on the beach 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Seriously… what’s with the absolute obsession with Laura moving to Ireland…. You are not obliged to stay in the country you were born in 🙄

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.