Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Muses

I can't find any pics of Laura at the wedding in Ireland this weekend. Where are they?

Reactions: 2

eoinindahouze

Surely the ITV producers are seeing all the negative comments and press she’s been getting, not to mention the ratings being down? Are they just putting that down to “oh well, hater’s gonna hate” or does it not matter to them at all that the show has a presenter that the public actually enjoy and connect with and can relate to?
As long as the show brings in advertising revenue, the ITV bosses won't give a shit.

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
It does! It gets really thick during pregnancy and then it all falls out again when you’ve had the baby!
Sometimes it’s when you stop breastfeeding, was for me anyway then I had this weird tufts baby hair grow back. It kept sticking out like a mad thing. Hopefully the whitmore gets it too 😂

Quite a fall in final episode viewing figures - 2.8 million compared to 3.4 million in summer 2019. Managed decline or will the ITV bosses think it’s worth trying a new presenter and if that means losing Iain so be it? His new comedy has clearly tanked so I don’t he’s sitting as pretty as he’d like, possibly not quite in an ultimatum issuing position.
Still in the millions for a show on a satelite channel so I doubt they’re worried. Even if they were Laura is barely on it I’d love to say otherwise but I doubt they’d lose her as a way to ‘save’ the show.

Loux2021

Maura, bbl? No chance! Shes always had a little bum

They say bum implants here but I think it was bbl. Obviously not to Kardashian extent and her waist are hips are definelty more defined in comparison to older pictures of her where they weren't so yeah I do think she had lipo and small bbl. Alot of people get minimal bbl's so it's hard to tell unless you see before and after. Her face is completely unrecognisable also from before. Looks like a different person.

Mariamariamariarose

LW only making the rod for her own back career wise

her actions will only piss ITV and other channels off

nobody will know who she is in ten years because the offers will dry up

very much ALWAYS THE BRIDESMAID NEVER THE BRIDE as far as TV goes

vile what she did to Nainah Walsh has made her persona non-gatta in Ireland

we,ll soon follow suit
what happened with Nainah Walsh?

Reactions: 1
But is it just age? It seems awful to pick apart a woman's looks but she has lost her glow, and I don't think that is just age. She obviously is still a very good looking woman. But there was such a loveliness about her. It wasn't even that long ago.

View attachment 753079
It's so sad, she's still a good-looking woman but as everyone is saying, the warmth is gone... what happened to her I wonder...

I’m not sure why he should have to step down, had he not been there alongside Caroline from the start? I don’t watch it but have seen enough comments to suggest Laura’s the wrong person for the job but unless they cancelled LI after Caroline died, I’m not getting why he had to go?
Out of respect for his friend?

Sez99

VIP Member
For me it's that she never owns anything or apologies - she's always on the defensive. Backing yourself is one thing but sometimes you just have to admit you've misjudged it. It's always someone else's fault - the journalist, the producers, the big glass of wine..

Does anyone remember what happened with the British army thing, what LW said about it? That was the first time I was like omg what an idiot! I just couldn't believe it.
What’s this thing with the British army !? I don’t know anything about it xxx

eoinindahouze

I think they should make the show more like "Operation: Transformation"; the current format should be scrapped, and replaced with the following:
*Take 10 single people at the start of the series. Pair them up as was best for according to their bios. Over the course of 6 to 10 weeks watch them develop a relationship.
*Allow the public to follow the couples' progress on the ITV website, and if they are in a relationship themselves try to do with the onscreen couples do.
*Ditch recoupling. The couples should remain the same throughout the series.
*Ditch winners/cash prizes.
*Have a panel of relationship/friendship experts on each show.
*Have romantic L.I. community events across the country.
*At the end of the series, have a live finale on which the five couples are all reunited. Take a look back on how each couple, one by one, got on during the duration of the show.

Sound good?

I think they should make the show more like "Operation: Transformation"; the current format should be scrapped, and replaced with the following:
*Take 10 single people at the start of the series. Pair them up as was best for according to their bios. Over the course of 6 to 10 weeks watch them develop a relationship.
*Allow the public to follow the couples' progress on the ITV website, and if they are in a relationship themselves try to do with the onscreen couples do.
*At the end of the series, have a live finale on which the five couples are all reunited. Take a look back on how each couple, one by one, got on during the duration of the show.

Sound good?
P.S. Speaking of OT, how come it never really took off outside Ireland? I know there was a Belgian adaptation of it a few years back (with a different title), but it was scrapped after one series.

Sound good?
P.S. Speaking of OT, how come it never really took off outside Ireland? I know there was a Belgian adaptation of it a few years back (with a different title), but it was scrapped after one series.

Londongirl89

Chatty Member
The DM comments are brutal, a bit too much actually. I’m no Laura fan, but she’s hardly the worst. She wore an unflattering dress to a wedding, ah well.