Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Holswols

Laura does makes me laugh. I don’t think she’s ever aimed for relatable but watching her content is a big eye opener for just how much disparity there is in the UK at the moment when it comes to cost of living. Food bank useage is at an all time high and this hoorah pair have made a ‘practical and sensible investment’ of a whopping great Range Rover for their baby wagon (heated seats a non-negotiable essential) and Laura is moaning about the struggles of online shopping while slapping Farrow and Ball painting on their skirting. Her decorators outfit of choice? A Rab coat..

inb4 I have no real jealousy beyond how it must feel to be that financially secure. I wouldn’t want a gas guzzler like a Range Rover and with Rab, like most brands you are mostly paying for the logo. It must be blissful to be so absolutely delulu

Reactions: 14

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I really like her. Pure gossip I can’t get over the amount of money being spent - the car, tons of baby stuff, furniture, interior stuff.
Mind blowing.

Reactions: 10

Shmoogles

Sorry to double post, but I just watched her baby announcement video, and noticed that according to her dates, she was pregnant already again (and knew) when she did her miscarriage video?! Am I the only one that finds that kind of strange and misleading in a way? She was talking about hoping to get pregnant again and that they will have to look into recurrent miscarriages and fertility factors etc...all while she was already pregnant???

Also that video was so cringe. Why does she have to present all these important moments in her life like she's doing some lifetime hallmark reality show - it's so fake.

• Wow
  • Haha

Liptastic

VIP Member
Not being able to afford wallpaper is a loads of crap, of course they can afford it. They are again pretending to be like common people, having financial issues and being on a budget.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Does Laura often flaunt ASA rules like she did in her most recent video? Most of it is an AD, but that fact is only mentioned in the description, when it should be mentioned in the title, thumbnail and video itself. She's advertising clothes, which she says she 'picked up' - not once does she mention the video is a paid for advert.

I guess I don't usually pay that much attention to her, but I thought she'd be a stickler for the rules!

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
100% admit it's me being bitter but after 5 years of infertility it hurts to see so I will probably no longer be watching her content for my own sanity.

I would agree she got pregnant really quickly it seems after her miscarriage and I don't want to take away from the heartbreak both her and her husband experienced but for them, that heartbreak was a very small blip in their life.

Liptastic

VIP Member
Getting ready for a pregnancy announcement? Big exciting news about a life change coming up, buying a new cheap bikini because it's only temporary. No filming of the holiday.

I'm excited to see what they decided about the extension. The mortgage renewal is coming up for us too as we bought our house a few months before Laura and Ollie and the rates are just looking dreadful

Harpyharpyunder

She’s one of my favourites to watch atm!! It’s actually mine and my partners dream to buy an old house and do it all up, but we would never be able to afford all the Reno’s or actually have time to do it with our full time jobs.
I love how they’re trying to restore original features and are doing a lot of it themselves. Also I love how involved Laura is. Not to go too far into gender debates, it is a stereotype that more girly girl, I guess ‘well kept’ women like Laura wouldn’t want to get their hands dirty but she really does ! Which I love, and actually find super encouraging in my own life to just get on with stuff around the house because if she can do it so can I! I also like how they’re taking their time, and it doesn’t look like they’re producing much waste with getting a second hand kitchen, reusing the wood they have etc.
I’m a fan!
Also as a side note they seem to keep their relationship on the DL (which I appreciate bc I hate gushy OTT public relationships) but when you get snippets of their relationship it seems so nice and healthy, and Ollie seems super lovely too

• Heart

andreaoid

Thank you for this thread! I was waiting patiently for someone to start one. They are both very priviliged people who bought a half a million pound town house in their mid-20s because they could, it's simple as that. I really dislike how they portray themselves as 'normal' and relatable, just two john-does doing some dyi home reno. No, they are 100% not. Plus Oli's dad helps a lot, I believe he's a builder.
Their life is a like a postcard of middle class family, everething is so picture perfect (engagagement, house, holidays, etc.).

Reactions: 9

Liptastic

VIP Member
Can't deny they work hard on their house though, the 2020 reno highlight video was a great reminder on what they have achieved. But so true that this type of live is not achievable for most. I'd say this is beyond middle class in this day and age. The engagement is a fairy tale. Her decorating the house for Christmas and buying special wrapping paper is also so over the top. I don't know anyone who goes to such lengths.

I must admit it makes me feel like I'm missing out even though my financial situation is very similar to theirs, I still would not prioritise my spending in this way and go over the top with everything. It just seems so excessive.

Also forgot about their little income stream of renting out the downstairs bedroom, interesting to know what that would bring in. On The Anna Edit thread there's many debates about their new £1mil house and weather it has 6 bedrooms or 4, since the loft bedrooms don't really count in their case. In Laura's house it actual 6 full double bedrooms, it's a very large house and will get even bigger once they extend. For only £475k they did much better than Anna in getting a stunning house with a large footprint.

Reactions: 8

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I think YouTube must be paying off! Casual lunch in the ivy, like whaaaaaaaaat? I went to the ivy for a special birthday dinner 😅 because I'm poor
For a couple their age they have a lot of money. Her wardrobe is White Company, Reiss etc. Their Christmas tree baubles are White Company! I know they save doing stuff themselves, but they spend quite a lot too.

Alloallo

Is anyone else completely baffled about the extention chat? I appreciate there will soon be a baby but how can they possibly need even more space, the downstairs of the house is 4 rooms deep?! Surely they can reconfigure what they have. I know they are renovating, but their videos indicate there's almost entire floors of the house that they don't use and they don't seem to struggle with space so why do they need even MORE?!

Shmoogles

Not really into watching her for her everyday life - only really interested in the renovating and decor stuff.
Hoping she's not only going to show the renovations when they are complete, like she was saying she might do! The whole reason why I started watching was to see the process as they went.... :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7

AsterSalonen

I often struggle to understand what she is saying. It's like she is trying to sound uber "posh". She replaces all her "E's" with "A's" or something? I cannot put my finger on it?

Her parents live in a beautiful home. I don't think Laura is short of pennies somehow.

Shmoogles

She didn't put AD in her Balsam-hill gifted Christmas decorating vlog - in the title nor in the parts of the video where she talks about the products they gave her. :cautious:

• Sad

Liptastic

VIP Member
There have been a few requests to create a thread for Laura and I have a few things I want to share, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

I love her house, beautiful 5 bed Victorian terrace in Somerset, that she bought with her now fiancé Oliver. They are not afraid to get their hands dirty and are renovating the house mostly by themselves, which is very impressive. I don't really care about her fashion content and it's a bit boring. I'm all about their reno content.

I was watching her older video "Get to know me" and she has changed her accent, in this video she says but in a very Devon accent, however now she really makes an effort to say it in RP. Ashamed of your roots, Laura?

Reactions: 6

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I'm one of those people. I acknowledge the pain her and her husband must have felt.

However, as another poster pointed out she was already pregnant at the time of uploading her what to expect during a miscarriage video. She did indeed get pregnant again very quickly. I would also assume they started trying once they were married so conceived first time very quickly also.

I don't know anyone else's circumstances on here, and this isn't about me or you, but the irrational pain of infertility does make me see her life as close to perfect as it can get.

I'm extremely sorry she had to experience what she did. It must have killed them both inside. I'm glad she was open about her loss as it effects so many women, but weeks later she is pregnant again with a healthy child.

I'll let this get back to a gossip thread rather than a fertility one now. Apologies.
It’s 100% natural to have that reaction when you have been struggling. I’m sure her miscarriage & molar pregnancy were very hard, but comparatively less so than someone struggling for longer. And it’s ok to express that & it’s also ok to avoid pregnancy & baby content when you find it upsetting. I hope you & anyone else reading are ok. Xx

• Heart

Teabee

Wow I'm surprised to have stumbled across this thread I was actually looking for her home reno stuff.

I have to say i love her decor choices it feels very calm and serene and i love the dark dining room! However i think they have much more money then what they let on. When she says she's string budget my teeth itch because I think they have had a few professional things done and some expensive design choices. That's not to say they havent worked super hard though.

Liptastic

VIP Member
Obviously doing well to be remortgaging the house.

It may be my poverty speaking but the house is already huge??? Do they really need to extend? Given the cost of the first mortgage, ALL the work they've done so far, the cost to remortgage and then the cost of the extension surely it would have been easier to just purchase a different house.

I don't know if she's in a really desirable post code or whatever but it just seems crazy to me 😂
their house was already 210 sq meters, it's huge, 5 bedrooms, 3 livings rooms, 3 bathrooms. Soon to be 4 bathrooms. They live on one of the poshest streets in their town.

Liptastic

VIP Member
In her new garden video she said they might get astroturf after all that!!! So why get self-binding gravel, waste all that money on it and the machinery rent cost only to waste more money on artificial, bad for the environment, plastic crap like astroturf when they could have just gotten some top soil and seeded the lawn? Would have cost them £500 tops instead of whatever this is going to cost now and they would get a nice lawn to sit on in the end, like Laura wants. It's so wasteful.