Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
It's alright guys, Laura has solved the cost of living crisis when it comes to heating - buy some UGGs according to her latest video 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Liptastic

VIP Member
She stopped doing her fashion content for some reason, she doesn’t really do vlogs, so if renovations have slowed down, what can she talk about?
I never cared about her fashion content, I found her when they bought their house, her video came up as a recommendation. I think a big chunk of her followers are the same, only here for the reno content.

Shmoogles

I liked her much better before these last few months. She's unfortunately coming off a lot more fake and forced to me lately, and I find her and Ollie a bit...gag worthy? 😆 Sorry, they just for some reason come off as a bit too perfect and "nice". Also anyone that films a video of your proposal to put on YouTube I just can't see as genuine. She seems to have been making sure to be over-the-top "I'm sooooo happy and in love!" for the camera ever since, as well.

I guess they are taking great care with the floors, they've taken forever and it's tiresome to watch. Probably realistic though. Also deja vu with the bathroom shelves - she literally showed the same footage in two videos now? Wondering how long ago this was filmed now.

Also, I'm sick of the teasing with the bathroom "reveal". It looks like a zillion other marble bathrooms..... She's built it up way too much for me.

Liptastic

VIP Member
When I started following her I couldn't really understand how she could afford of all those high end clothes and other bits and bobs of homewear when their house is £475k and they couldn't afford to do it up with professional help or buy a house that's already done up. I don't understand these type of priorities. Also it doesn't look that she earns that much from Youtube and Instagram, I would be surprised if it covered all of her expenses like mortgage/bills/food, so Oli's salary must be covering some of her purchases as well. I might be wrong and she's getting a nice 50k a year income from being an influencer, but checking on companies house, there's no info on her. Oli is a director of his family business though.

Liptastic

VIP Member
I have a chronic condition and can not imagine doing as much as she does. She still works bloody hard physically on the house. I scrubbed the walls in our new house and did just 1 side of a bedroom and was ready to collapse. She moved loads of heavy furniture and painted for ages in the new snug. She might have health problems, but I don't think it's affecting her productivity, she still has so much energy and looks pretty good to me.

Liptastic

VIP Member
It takes away from how grand the house is and also makes me think they are planning on selling the house much sooner than they are saying. They could easily convert dressing room back into a bedroom, but they are choosing this lay out not for how they would like to live, but to ensure the property is not de-valued by removing a big double bedroom. Sure, it will help when they re-mortgage (isn't that how they plan to finance the downstairs extension?), but if they plan to live there for 10+ years then just do it up how you want it to be. Paying extra £2k later down the line to convert the bedroom back to a decent size is a small price to pay.

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
I'm one of those people. I acknowledge the pain her and her husband must have felt.

However, as another poster pointed out she was already pregnant at the time of uploading her what to expect during a miscarriage video. She did indeed get pregnant again very quickly. I would also assume they started trying once they were married so conceived first time very quickly also.

I don't know anyone else's circumstances on here, and this isn't about me or you, but the irrational pain of infertility does make me see her life as close to perfect as it can get.

I'm extremely sorry she had to experience what she did. It must have killed them both inside. I'm glad she was open about her loss as it effects so many women, but weeks later she is pregnant again with a healthy child.

I'll let this get back to a gossip thread rather than a fertility one now. Apologies.

Sunshine99

Chatty Member
So is that it now? Are we not going to get to see the finished renovations after following for so long?

Good on her for taking a proper maternity leave unlike other influencers, but to not see the renovated rooms in detail after seeing so much of the work is so annoying! Hopefully she can put out some content of the rooms before the baby is born.

Liptastic

VIP Member
Another video with no AD in the title - or even description - that is an ad for Lilysilk. She mentions waaaay down in the description that it's sponsored by them. Going to report her to the ASA because she really should know better. She probably does, but thinks because she's a relatively small channel that she can get away with it.

By the way, does anyone else find it strange that she never talks about her very successful textile design company? She won an award and her fabrics were very popular and I think even bought to use for homegoods by a big brand? I can't remember which brand/store it was - I read this a long time ago.
Just find it a bit odd that she never talks about it when talking about her past.
made.com

I had so many problems with this latest vlog. She named it as reno project, but more than half of the video was a haul/fashion video, which I skipped. I can see now from your post that it was also undeclared sponsored video! She also hid it under the guide of 'you guys have been asking what I have been wearing, so let me show you'. Oh really Laura? Your channel is a fashion channel, remember? You made a big deal about not becoming a reno channel, but now that fashion videos are not performing as well, she's magically not a fashion channel anymore?

She makes no attempt to even pretend to be environmentally friendly, with her fake grass and plastic freezer bags. Just get some pyrex glass containers and be the normal 20 something year old who gives a shit about the future of our planet.

Ollie going to Ikea while being ill? Did he conveniently forget that being vaccinated doesn't mean he won't get covid and spread it? He should have stayed home and protected all those people he encountered in Ikea and other shops. So irresponsible.

Liptastic

VIP Member
Yeah, I know. But when I started watching them, in the beginning, although they always sounded posh, they didn't sound like they do now. By they, I mean Laura...
Yeah I posted on here about it too, Laura changed her accent since starting on Youtube, her earlier videos show her original accent. She definitely puts on a special voice for videos.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I usually love her Christmas video but it’s the middle of November!!! Christmas is becoming more & more materialistic & IMO way too long. Sorry to be Scrouge!!!

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
don't really know how to feel about the pregnancy content tbh - really happy for them but also not something i can relate to rn so i'm just indifferent.

her new video - the pram talk seemed reasonable at first but then talking about maybe they should buy a double 'just in case' they're able to have another soonish after? actually quite insensitive and i would've expected her to have a different perspective following miscarriage. also felt like the 'it's a big investment' was her relatable box ticked for the video, bc in the next breath they're going to book a second holiday this pregnancy 🥴

I noticed something was off about the way she was talking in today’s video! She was talking out of the side of her mouth a lot and at one point I wondered if she had a retainer in or something as her speech was sounding quite laboured. I think it’s just an unnatural ‘presenter’ pattern to her speech that she is putting on a bit.
I did like a little glimpse of a more natural dynamic between her and Olly when she was pointing out that he had cut the wood too short. They’re more likeable when not acting like a perfect couple

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
Oh, didn’t know she had a thread here!
Of course she is privileged, all influencers are 😂 But she does feel nicer than many others (hello, Lily Pebbles and Fashion Mumblr!), even if it’s just a facade. She is quite good with what she shows online it seems, and unlike Lily and Anna she actually has a degree related to interior design, so her opinions and ideas about it have some more base under them.

VNDO

Chatty Member
I haven't watchedher in months, so is it just me or is she sounding super posh? (way more than before)

ok, just finished the new video. They're so much more annoying than before.

Last edited:

Liptastic

VIP Member
I usually love her Christmas video but it’s the middle of November!!! Christmas is becoming more & more materialistic & IMO way too long. Sorry to be Scrouge!!!
It's to give us mortals a chance to order it and get delivery in time for first week of December to decorate the house.

I must admit, she almost got me. I did go on Balsam Hill website to check it out, but it's sooo expensive!

I just watched that video on my lunch break. She's trying so hard it's making me cringe.

I'm not sure what it is, she was trying to be cute and 'that girl' I think? But also pushing this middle class shit?
And that sweet voice and smiley pronunciation of words... just too sugary sweet and try-hard :sick: