Laura Melhuish-Sprague

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if Laura does other work apart from social media? I would really love to know where folk are getting all the money!
I think their families are middle middle class. They rented a room out for ages and Ollie works FT. Social media marketing is very lucrative business, which is why you see so many people trying to get into it.

Reactions: 2
Recently, Ollie was made a director of his dad's company. They are in jewelry business. That company makes £300k+in profit a year. Previsouly, he worked as an engineer and also had his own company (now dissolved) that made around £30k a year.
Laura's dad is an independent financial consultant and has been for decades. They both come from money. Laura and Ollie both said so.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I think their families are middle middle class. They rented a room out for ages and Ollie works FT. Social media marketing is very lucrative business, which is why you see so many people trying to get into it.
They both went to private schools, so there's money in both of their families.

Reactions: 3
Just discovered this person, they came up in my YT suggestions. What a plummy voice, she is like a cross between Tanya Burr and Hannah Maggs.

She's being very secretive and dramatic about whatever has happened to kill their budget on the reno. Why build it up and say "you'll find out in the next video" etc?
I was thinking that maybe they had lost their sponsor for the bathroom (think it was burlington?), but then she mentioned that there was something structural. It's big enough that they can't afford to do wallpaper in the bedroom, so must be really big!
I find it a bit strange that they are getting all the most expensive bathroom fixtures for probably free, but then can't afford anything but the "basics" (so-called "basics" being carrera marble and the like) for everything else, because of this new issue.

Also her accent is all over the place lately!

I think the structural thing is their bay window area in the master bedroom. The roof/beams of the bay are fully rotted so need replacement. That's very expensive.

But their budget is huge. Nothing in their build is basic. Laura and Oliver are middle class people with very privileged backgrounds so nothing is a big deal to them. I'm more interested in what happened before Laura's birthday. She was down and crying in her video, saying it's something personal (or maybe family related) and she cannot talk about it right now (but everything will be revealed in later date).

Not being able to afford wallpaper is a loads of crap, of course they can afford it. They are again pretending to be like common people, having financial issues and being on a budget.

Reactions: 10
Those navy front tuck pleat pants are literally identical to ones my late grandmother wore throughout the 60s and 70s. She called them "slacks" lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
How boring was the bathtub unboxing video? No structure whatsoever and no value

Reactions: 5
How boring was the bathtub unboxing video? No structure whatsoever and no value
I didn’t even finish it. Didn’t feel like watching someone fish over premium bathroom sets when just in last week’s video they said they didn’t have enough money for wallpaper.

Don't have budget for wallpaper, but go on luxury stay in London to shop in places like Selfdridges and Harvey Nicks. Wow, priorities.

Has anyone watched her new video?

I swear that shed was about 3 rooms big and the same size as my whole downstairs 😂 bleeping hell

• Haha
I can’t watch her vlogs anymore.
The husband drives me mad - he was endearing at first but now he’s just so THIRSTY

Reactions: 4
I haven't watchedher in months, so is it just me or is she sounding super posh? (way more than before)

ok, just finished the new video. They're so much more annoying than before.

Last edited:
I can’t watch her vlogs anymore.
The husband drives me mad - he was endearing at first but now he’s just so THIRSTY
He's so feminine, it just makes me cringe.

I haven't watchedher in months, so is it just me or is she sounding super posh? (way more than before)

ok, just finished the new video. They're so much more annoying than before.
Private school educated, from a well off family... they are posh.

Reactions: 1
He's so feminine, it just makes me cringe.

Private school educated, from a well off family... they are posh.
Yeah, I know. But when I started watching them, in the beginning, although they always sounded posh, they didn't sound like they do now. By they, I mean Laura...

Yeah, I know. But when I started watching them, in the beginning, although they always sounded posh, they didn't sound like they do now. By they, I mean Laura...
Yeah I posted on here about it too, Laura changed her accent since starting on Youtube, her earlier videos show her original accent. She definitely puts on a special voice for videos.

Yeah I posted on here about it too, Laura changed her accent since starting on Youtube, her earlier videos show her original accent. She definitely puts on a special voice for videos.
It makes me sad because I really liked her channel, but I must've unconsciously noticed the changes over time, because I stopped wanting to follow them and watch the videos.

All of these youtubers seem to radically change from the person they were in the beginning...

I really enjoyed the detailed reno videos with step by step explanations of what they are doing, now they whizz through it and focus on bland stuff like shopping for their bridesmaids.

I really enjoyed the detailed reno videos with step by step explanations of what they are doing, now they whizz through it and focus on bland stuff like shopping for their bridesmaids.
I found both a bit boring but I like the reno stuff more. My favourite are the ones of them just mooching around their lovely house.
For a man that apparently couldn’t put up a picture a few years ago he’s very skilled.

Reactions: 4