Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

andreaoid

Recently, Ollie was made a director of his dad's company. They are in jewelry business. That company makes £300k+in profit a year. Previsouly, he worked as an engineer and also had his own company (now dissolved) that made around £30k a year.
Laura's dad is an independent financial consultant and has been for decades. They both come from money. Laura and Ollie both said so.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Shmoogles

I've noticed that Laura and many other influencers (sunbeamsjess is another example), all have started doing these hand motions that remind me of the ones people do on American reality shows. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Also, she has developed this way of talking that, beyond the vocal fry (also from US reality tv), sounds very unnatural and like she's on a tv show. I'm not explaining this very well. 😂

Liptastic

VIP Member
I really enjoyed the detailed reno videos with step by step explanations of what they are doing, now they whizz through it and focus on bland stuff like shopping for their bridesmaids.

Shmoogles

She's being very secretive and dramatic about whatever has happened to kill their budget on the reno. Why build it up and say "you'll find out in the next video" etc?
I was thinking that maybe they had lost their sponsor for the bathroom (think it was burlington?), but then she mentioned that there was something structural. It's big enough that they can't afford to do wallpaper in the bedroom, so must be really big!
I find it a bit strange that they are getting all the most expensive bathroom fixtures for probably free, but then can't afford anything but the "basics" (so-called "basics" being carrera marble and the like) for everything else, because of this new issue.

Also her accent is all over the place lately!

Shmoogles

Is something going on with her health? She spoke about some potential issues in a previous vlog, but she is acting really worn out and exhausted, and looks (frankly) pretty crap compared to before. I also noticed she didn't do any of the difficult/heavier work in the latest video, and left it all to Ollie, and grunted loudly when doing some relatively minor things.
She previously said she isn't pregnant, so I hope it isn't something serious.

I also said she worked in a tile shop company so her choices are good. Yeah she and Oli are financially stable from family but at least they fun to watch. Andddd they dont kill a beautiful old house with soo many modern choices!!! (yes I am looking at Lilly Pebbles)

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I haven't watched her in a while, but her house is huuuuge. Why would she need an extension if her family is growing just by one!?
It will generate content so makes some sense from a work point of view.

They just seem like a couple who are so blessed in every way. In fairness both are very hard workers with great taste & as someone who struggles to hang a picture I find the amount of DIY he has learnt very very impressive.

That said, as I’ve said before, they live such a charmed life! While they have a baby they will be two floors of their house they don’t use at all - the top floor & the middle one. That’s insane to me and I’m not living on the breadline but like most people every single room in my house is used every day!

andreaoid

They are both from wealthy backgrounds and the world of private schools. Nothing surprising here tbh. She even mentioned in the video she had an out of hours doctor visit for a rash. Privilege everywhere!

Last edited:

Shmoogles

I really like her. Pure gossip I can’t get over the amount of money being spent - the car, tons of baby stuff, furniture, interior stuff.
Mind blowing.
And the planned "baby moon" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry I just can't with these stupid things.
which they're only not having because they can't fit it in on time, but will instead have 2 other separate vacations, before and after the baby comes. Can't relate.

andreaoid

It seems like Laura got pregnant really quickly after her miscarriage. The struggle wasn't long then.

andreaoid

Yes, it was just a blip. Their perfect middle class life can continue yet again without any significant hurdles. I hope the dog won't be set aside when their baby comes along. They've got him as a stopgap it seems like.

Shmoogles

Another video with no AD in the title - or even description - that is an ad for Lilysilk. She mentions waaaay down in the description that it's sponsored by them. Going to report her to the ASA because she really should know better. She probably does, but thinks because she's a relatively small channel that she can get away with it.

By the way, does anyone else find it strange that she never talks about her very successful textile design company? She won an award and her fabrics were very popular and I think even bought to use for homegoods by a big brand? I can't remember which brand/store it was - I read this a long time ago.
Just find it a bit odd that she never talks about it when talking about her past.

andreaoid

Laura is such an embodiment of middle class Brtitishness and I am here for it. Like a Millennial version of The Archers.

Liptastic

VIP Member
Her being selected as a designed for Made.com collab was really impressive. Not sure their families are that well off. Ollie's family owns a jewellery business, but their accounts don't look too great. And someone said his dad is a builder? Laura also puts on her posh accent.

We bought a property at the same time as they did and I followed her journey throughout and yes, it's so impressive what they have done. Just the physical demand on their bodies is huge, especially keeping in mind Ollie used to commute to London and then do work on the house on the weekend. Or even now, working full time and coming home to do the floors. That's a mammoth task mentally and physically.

andreaoid

I think the structural thing is their bay window area in the master bedroom. The roof/beams of the bay are fully rotted so need replacement. That's very expensive.

But their budget is huge. Nothing in their build is basic. Laura and Oliver are middle class people with very privileged backgrounds so nothing is a big deal to them. I'm more interested in what happened before Laura's birthday. She was down and crying in her video, saying it's something personal (or maybe family related) and she cannot talk about it right now (but everything will be revealed in later date).

PiggyPoo

I love the reno content and some of the design choices they've made so far but her put-on accent makes me CRINGE 🤣

I found the drama with the wet room baffling. Surely there would be no need for noisy pumps etc if they just had a normal bathroom? Why do people feel the need for a wet room to splash about in?

Agree her life is unfolding like a middle class fairy tale. She will be married at 30, baby at 32 and 34 then open an art gallery on the Avenue, I'm calling it now.

• Haha

VNDO

Chatty Member
I tried watching that video, but I just zoned out after a few minutes. It's a bummer because I really used to like her channel, but it's starting to feel less authentic

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
How boring was the bathtub unboxing video? No structure whatsoever and no value
I didn’t even finish it. Didn’t feel like watching someone fish over premium bathroom sets when just in last week’s video they said they didn’t have enough money for wallpaper.

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
Yes I agree the RP strangulated vowels make my ears hurt. I do enjoy the diy content, and I agree that they both work very hard on their house. She does like classic, high end clothes but I feel most of them are too old for her . I haven't been watching her latest engagement/ wedding content and I tend to swerve her clothes hauls too.

Reactions: 5