Laura Melhuish-Sprague

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she actually decorate for Easter in February? 😖
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Although, I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they were all decorating for Christmas at beginning of November (earlier in some cases) last year! And then getting sick of it all and taking it down on the 26th.
Bizarre time stretching of holidays cause they need some sort of "special" stimulation all the time, like children? They really haven't built much substance into their lives.
Her content is very spread thin these days.

Reactions: 1
Wow I'm surprised to have stumbled across this thread I was actually looking for her home reno stuff.

I have to say i love her decor choices it feels very calm and serene and i love the dark dining room! However i think they have much more money then what they let on. When she says she's string budget my teeth itch because I think they have had a few professional things done and some expensive design choices. That's not to say they havent worked super hard though.

Reactions: 6
Is it just me thinking that her latest intro was disingenuous? Making us believe they are 'just' Laura and Ollie who bought just a 'fixer-upper' house with just a 'picture hanging' experience?
Their 'fixer-upper' actually cost a half of million pounds and they actually had a lot of help from Ollie's grandad who knows construction. Since day one, they had all of the tools needed for their reno as well as all the money needed to do it. There is nothing 'just' about them.

Reactions: 5
Just watched the decluttering video and genuinely gobsmacked by how many clothes she had to go through that she hasn't touched since moving in 😳

Reactions: 4
Listening to Oli taking about his wedding ideas makes me think he is 'poher' than Laura. Who knew...

I love their content, mainly the house stuff, although I like a lot of her clothes. Not everyone’s style, but I think they suit her. I like the seasonal decorating. I’m never going to do it but it’s nice to watch & lovely to look at.

I’m struck by the fact that everything is so expensive, particularly for such a young couple - loads of their Christmas decorations are from The White Company, Neptune etc. I hadn’t even heard of those brands in my 20s!

I wanted to look away when they stained the floors, I loved the colour they were! I assume those rooms will be the kids’ rooms just up the stairs from their bedroom. I’m sure the babies etc will be picture perfect, I’ll no doubt regret that I didn’t take more pictures of mine & that when I did the background was a mess!

The plan for the downstairs sounds absolutely amazing, they’ll have about 6 different places to sit in their house! A sitting area in a bedroom seems very luxury to me!

I’d gotten the impression that were going for a more low-key wedding, I think I was wrong. No doubt she’ll be gorgeous. I think the post engagement stuff is genuine, they seem mad about eachother.

Yes, Ollie being so into the wedding was weird to me too. I'm getting really annoyed with them moving into lifestyle vlogging more, I loved the reno stuff with detailed explanations. Now everything is so surface level or they don't even bother showing it. Laura used to provide really useful info on what they were doing and how.

Reactions: 3
I've noticed that Laura and many other influencers (sunbeamsjess is another example), all have started doing these hand motions that remind me of the ones people do on American reality shows. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Also, she has developed this way of talking that, beyond the vocal fry (also from US reality tv), sounds very unnatural and like she's on a tv show. I'm not explaining this very well. 😂

I noticed something was off about the way she was talking in today’s video! She was talking out of the side of her mouth a lot and at one point I wondered if she had a retainer in or something as her speech was sounding quite laboured. I think it’s just an unnatural ‘presenter’ pattern to her speech that she is putting on a bit.
I did like a little glimpse of a more natural dynamic between her and Olly when she was pointing out that he had cut the wood too short. They’re more likeable when not acting like a perfect couple

Reactions: 5
I often struggle to understand what she is saying. It's like she is trying to sound uber "posh". She replaces all her "E's" with "A's" or something? I cannot put my finger on it?

Her parents live in a beautiful home. I don't think Laura is short of pennies somehow.

Reactions: 7
I've noticed that Laura and many other influencers (sunbeamsjess is another example), all have started doing these hand motions that remind me of the ones people do on American reality shows. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Also, she has developed this way of talking that, beyond the vocal fry (also from US reality tv), sounds very unnatural and like she's on a tv show. I'm not explaining this very well. 😂
Yes, the vocal fry has been annoying me too. It's like the sound of a dying swan.

Reactions: 2
Was watching her Q&A video and her whole vibe seems very different... is it just me?

Was watching her Q&A video and her whole vibe seems very different... is it just me?
yeah I feel like she's not being herself and is slowly going to become another boring YouTube but im surprised at her and ollie talking about their boarding schools

yeah I feel like she's not being herself and is slowly going to become another boring YouTube but im surprised at her and ollie talking about their boarding schools
I feel the same. Shr was all giggly and very extra which is not how she usually presents herself

Her vocal fry is getting worse and worse. Is this normal in their posh social circle?

Did anyone manage to get through the layout video? I could not, I found it very wooden and boring but I also want to know which layout they're going to do.

I volunteer myself as tribute. They are going with splitting the master bedroom into ensuite and bedroom and keeping the pink room as a bedroom, but taking some space for the wardrobes in the master bedroom plus the mini corridor for the doors into both bedrooms.

Not very feng shui 🤷‍♀️

1625476183800.png