Laura Melhuish-Sprague

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, I kind of hate it, it feels like a waste of space and a bit convoluted?

Reactions: 2
It takes away from how grand the house is and also makes me think they are planning on selling the house much sooner than they are saying. They could easily convert dressing room back into a bedroom, but they are choosing this lay out not for how they would like to live, but to ensure the property is not de-valued by removing a big double bedroom. Sure, it will help when they re-mortgage (isn't that how they plan to finance the downstairs extension?), but if they plan to live there for 10+ years then just do it up how you want it to be. Paying extra £2k later down the line to convert the bedroom back to a decent size is a small price to pay.

Reactions: 5
Yeah i was thinking the same. Surely this is their forever home, so they should just do what they truly want rather than worrying too much about appreciation. Also finding it odd they have put so much work and effort into their 'temporary' downstairs area - with all the sanding/painting/reclaimed kitchen - it's so much work to just tear down and replace with a new extension. Seems wasteful. But at least she was honest about it from the beginning i guess.

Reactions: 1
I tried watching that video, but I just zoned out after a few minutes. It's a bummer because I really used to like her channel, but it's starting to feel less authentic

Reactions: 6
Yeah definitely less authentic, I find the way she spoke in the bedroom makeover so fake: why intentionally try to sound like you're laughing,?!

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not really enjoying these recent videos. Shame 🙃

The bedroom makeover was so boring! I actually wasn't able to sit through it, it's a first one for me with Laura's videos. No explanations, just shots of them slowly doing something not very important.

She went from making actually real and informative videos about DIY renovations to 'artsy' shots and just trying to get by on a pretty view of her Victorian house

Reactions: 4
The bedroom makeover was so boring! I actually wasn't able to sit through it, it's a first one for me with Laura's videos. No explanations, just shots of them slowly doing something not very important.

She went from making actually real and informative videos about DIY renovations to 'artsy' shots and just trying to get by on a pretty view of her Victorian house
That's the thing, isn't it? It's boring and there's no depth. The room is incredibly bland and conservative, fine, that's obviously their style, but that's not interesting to watch. I like slowmo shots of details when there are actual details and real points of interest in a renovation. This ain't it. I've actually just unsubbed 😴

I haven't even watched it. I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes of the last few videos

Her waffling about the lamps at the start of the latest video was absolute nonsense. Just say you prefer the way it looks and move on! She’s still doing that presenter voice/forced joviality that The Anna Edit does and it makes her videos so much harder to watch.

In her new garden video she said they might get astroturf after all that!!! So why get self-binding gravel, waste all that money on it and the machinery rent cost only to waste more money on artificial, bad for the environment, plastic crap like astroturf when they could have just gotten some top soil and seeded the lawn? Would have cost them £500 tops instead of whatever this is going to cost now and they would get a nice lawn to sit on in the end, like Laura wants. It's so wasteful.

Reactions: 6
Did she really say that eventually they're gonna pave over the garden area that they've just done up? So they've done all this work, wasted all this money and might astroturf it next summer to eventually pave the whole thing over? Wuuut.

Did she really say that eventually they're gonna pave over the garden area that they've just done up? So they've done all this work, wasted all this money and might astroturf it next summer to eventually pave the whole thing over? Wuuut.
That is weird. I don't know how hard it is to pave an area but after all the work they've done to gravel it - why not just do the pavers now?

Yeah garden is getting a proper make over once they extend, this is a temp solution so they can enjoy it for now.

• Haha
I don't entirely understand their garden makeover, as it seems a lot of physical effort if it will be changed before too long! I'd be tempted to just seed some grass there in the meantime as @Liptastic mentioned.
But that aside I do really enjoy Laura's content. 😅 I have similar taste in interiors, which helps (eg. I like the dark floors!)

Doing it for the #content

I actually really enjoy Laura’s home reno videos - we also bought a house a few years ago that needed renovating (as it was all we could afford in our area). Something we found when remortgaging is that mortgage companies don’t come and see your house and see all the work done so you need formal agents to value but they won’t do this unless you lie and say you’re looking to sell. We had actually added about £50k in value but the remortgage only added £15k to our purchase price. We only realised how different it was when we looked at selling with the stamp duty thing and then decided against. But I can see why if they were looking to get a formal surveyors valuation before remortgaging then keeping the extra rooms will ensure they can free up a lot more cash especially if as others have said nice houses on their street go for much much more

does anyone think that Laura and Ollie are getting married next week in lake como or are scoping their wedding venue. in her last video she said that her wedding photographer quotes were in euros???

• Wow
Reactions: 4