Laura de Barra

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know where the heck Laura has disappeared to off instagram? Does a big countdown to a big announcement and then nada, Zero, zilchšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Anyone know where the heck Laura has disappeared to off instagram? Does a big countdown to a big announcement and then nada, Zero, zilchšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
She did it yesterday! Really long stories, kept saying ā€œIā€™m so bad at this self promotionā€ šŸ™„šŸ™„ Itā€™s a new book! About looking after clothes!

Reactions: 1
A book about how our Grandparents made do and mended, didnā€™t wash clothes after wearing an item for 3 hours. Yeah treacle would love to have the time to keep the house cleans and darn socks the way our Grans did! Also I have the fluctuation weight of a pre and post hibernation bear I canā€™t guarantee once the season change anything other my socks will ever fit again!

Reactions: 5
Her original instagram page is completely gone or have I lost the plot altogether?

Must be, I thought she shut her page down to maybe relaunch a new one but I'm obviously blocked. Always followed her, liked her posts and stories, never had a bad word to say to her or about her but hey ho, she must have enough followers, I'm obviously surplus to requirement āœŒ

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Silly question but the dots on her nails? They just intrigue me. She always has them, obviously nails grow so she has to get them redone.
I think it's the fact she never changes them for something else

Silly question but the dots on her nails? They just intrigue me. She always has them, obviously nails grow so she has to get them redone.
I think it's the fact she never changes them for something else
not a silly question at all. I presumed they were nail tattoos? ( as normal nail polish would be too pedestrian for Laura )

I do really enjoy the knowledge she shares, I have her books and def want her next one.
Butā€¦ the constant lectures with ā€œsorry I had to answer the phoneā€ ā€œsorry I had a deliveryā€ ā€œsorry I just got an emailā€ or even the ā€œIā€™ll be quick cos Iā€™ve so much work to doā€ when she process to go on for another 10 minā€¦ like just do your story and get back to it. Donā€™t need to tell everyone constantly how in demand and busy you are and how insta is such an inconvenience to your life up there on her high horse!
Rant over!!

I do really enjoy the knowledge she shares, I have her books and def want her next one.
Butā€¦ the constant lectures with ā€œsorry I had to answer the phoneā€ ā€œsorry I had a deliveryā€ ā€œsorry I just got an emailā€ or even the ā€œIā€™ll be quick cos Iā€™ve so much work to doā€ when she process to go on for another 10 minā€¦ like just do your story and get back to it. Donā€™t need to tell everyone constantly how in demand and busy you are and how insta is such an inconvenience to your life up there on her high horse!
Rant over!!
Iā€™m with you on this. The ā€œIā€™ve had lots of messages aboutā€¦.ā€™ get me too as her dms are closed so I donā€™t understand who or how people are messaging her šŸ˜•

But I definitely prefer that over the constant shilling.. her knowledge, and how she presents it is šŸ‘ŒšŸ½ also a fan of the bravo references

Reactions: 4
I love Laura. Love her indept knowledge on clothing and her passion for her job, but a cheese board with the cheese shaped as a gravestone is not ICONIQUE its just halloween !!! Not everything has to ICONIQUE or STUNNING

• Haha
There is a real air of desperation from her. Fair play to her for her success as an author but she is so OTT about really basic stuff. I wonder is she close to Steph?

I find it funny (read: hypocritical) that sheā€™s so passionate about being anti fast fashion etc. and fair play to her for it! But then to obsess over the gentlewoman collab with Arketā€¦.A store owned by H&M and fairly well known for greenwashing!!

She used to work for H&M lol
Never knew that! Nothing wrong with working for H&M but I thought she would have run a mile from them considered her strong stance against fast fashion. Disingenuous
---
She used to work for H&M lol
Never knew that! Nothing wrong with working for H&M but I thought she would have run a mile from them considered her strong stance against fast fashion

Last edited:
Never knew that! Nothing wrong with working for H&M but I thought she would have run a mile from them considered her strong stance against fast fashion. Disingenuous
---

Never knew that! Nothing wrong with working for H&M but I thought she would have run a mile from them considered her strong stance against fast fashion
Absolutely nothing wrong with working for / in H&M or any of the stores they own! But for someone to be so patronising and judgmental about what people buy, I find it mad that she was reposting pics from Arket insta that sheā€™s in, and gushing about their gentlewoman collab! A lot of what arket sell is the same as the stuff you get in H&M, maybe a nicer fabric but made by the same people in the same factories with the same techniques! Iā€™m not really surprised, sheā€™s not holier then thou, but Iā€™m just surprised she doesnā€™t think itā€™ll be noticed!

Absolutely nothing wrong with working for / in H&M or any of the stores they own! But for someone to be so patronising and judgmental about what people buy, I find it mad that she was reposting pics from Arket insta that sheā€™s in, and gushing about their gentlewoman collab! A lot of what arket sell is the same as the stuff you get in H&M, maybe a nicer fabric but made by the same people in the same factories with the same techniques! Iā€™m not really surprised, sheā€™s not holier then thou, but Iā€™m just surprised she doesnā€™t think itā€™ll be noticed!
Totally agree with you.
She constantly preaches, but then aligns herself with something like Arket which is hypocritical. Sheā€™s painful. I think behind the ā€œsustainable bishā€ image she just desperately wants to be famous.