Laura de Barra

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not the worst because she isn’t shilling crap to her followers but the PONTIFICATING can be a bit OTT. Like OK you’re a model citizen and everyone else is to be judged, we get it hun

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agree that the pontificating is over the top... she is beginning to grate on me lately. I prefer Steph now. Laura thinks she knows bloody everything and her opinion is the only correct one. I don’t like her style or interiors either. She has a very distinct, strong personality and it becomes too much after a while

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Her engagement ring is amazing - I’d say her wedding will be so different but absolute goals. Stephanies wedding was beautiful but this will be totally different - LDB won’t be wearing a strapless Vera wang & that’s for sure

Reactions: 8
Yeah i nearly feel bad starting this thread cos i really like her.

Theres genuinely nothing shes done thats annoying.

She throws the odd bit of shade at doses, which i love. Shes knowledgable about what she speaks about and stays in her lane (aside from the shade).

When covid first hit she did free illustrations for couples postponing their weddings, which was sound as the rest of the wans i follow were up to their tits in loungewear swipe ups. She was full of sass on first dates. Yeah id love to see her wedding dress and the day itself. I reckon fabulous but without the rigid formality of the usual wedding day in Ireland.

She has also never come on and moaned like the others. I think theres a bit of craic in her

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ya I really like her, not following her that long and sometimes tap through if stories aren’t relevant or interesting to me. I love that she refuses to do swipe ups and I’ve learned lots from her, she has good life experience from different jobs etc.
She was telling dating stories a few weeks ago and I legit nearly pissed myself, she was gas.
I like her values and she knows her worth and has a confidence that a lot of the others lack. Sometimes the ‘bish’ craic is a bit annoying but I’m picking now, to me she’s cool.

Reactions: 13
I haven’t watched Laura’s stories for a long time because I just find her unbearably pretentious, had a look today and here she is waffling on about paying service charges as though she’s just discovered a cure for cancer. It’s almost hilarious how she assumes her followers are all brain dead Neanderthals who would be utterly bereft without her fountain of knowledge. She literally sneers down the lens at people. Newsflash Laura -your followers are probably more educated than you are with proper careers and aren’t relying on Instagram for validation

Reactions: 4
I have her book and I've bought it for two friends who have their own places & they are so glad to have it. It's full of great tips for doing things around the house that I would have been inclined to get a tradesman in to too. I'm a lot more confident now trying to fix the washing machine or change the loo seat :)

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I have her book and I've bought it for two friends who have their own places & they are so glad to have it. It's full of great tips for doing things around the house that I would have been inclined to get a tradesman in to too. I'm a lot more confident now trying to fix the washing machine or change the loo seat :)
Cool!! I'm currently mortgage approved and hoping to buy a house soon - i am holding off on buying the book til I actually have a gaff to be goddess off.. fingers crossed i get mine soon!

Reactions: 5
Cool!! I'm currently mortgage approved and hoping to buy a house soon - i am holding off on buying the book til I actually have a gaff to be goddess off.. fingers crossed i get mine soon!
Congrats, best of luck with your house buying!

Reactions: 1
I do like her, like the fact that she isn't shilling stuff or begging, unlike the other insta huns. I also like the way she throws shade - I've seen her throw shade on Rosie's line 4th Arq, and the way inst huns tell people to 'size up' - Shabby is always doing this. I also like that she actually seems intelligent and probably good at her job. She's way more than an Insta hun.
But I do tap through her stories a fair bit. They're way too long. Often not that interesting. I also find the whole 'Bish' thing slightly annoying, and she does come across as quite strong in her views, that she knows best. But I'd say she's good craic.

Reactions: 15
Her engagement ring is amazing - I’d say her wedding will be so different but absolute goals. Stephanies wedding was beautiful but this will be totally different - LDB won’t be wearing a strapless Vera wang & that’s for sure
When her wedding was supposed to happen she said it was booked for the Falls Hotel in Ennistymon. I stayed there before and was shocked she was having it there. The outside of it is beautiful and quaint but like I thought the hotel itself was a bit dated and like somewhere old people stay on a bus tour. The room we got was very outdated also with red carpet, very early 90s vibes. I thought it was a strange hotel for her to pick.

When her wedding was supposed to happen she said it was booked for the Falls Hotel in Ennistymon. I stayed there before and was shocked she was having it there. The outside of it is beautiful and quaint but like I thought the hotel itself was a bit dated and like somewhere old people stay on a bus tour. The room we got was very outdated also with red carpet, very early 90s vibes. I thought it was a strange hotel for her to pick.
Do you think it was possibly the ‘eco friendly’ policy they have, that would appeal to her? I could see that being right up her street.

Do you think it was possibly the ‘eco friendly’ policy they have, that would appeal to her? I could see that being right up her street.
I didn't know they had one, what is it? Like there is absolutely nothing wrong with the place, the outside was very cute and they had donkeys! It was the actual interior seemed very dated and it reminded me of a place where old people go on Bridge holidays (bridge the game). I remember being very disappointed with the room it was bleak. Now this was 4 years ago it could have been done up since then.

I didn't know they had one, what is it? Like there is absolutely nothing wrong with the place, the outside was very cute and they had donkeys! It was the actual interior seemed very dated and it reminded me of a place where old people go on Bridge holidays (bridge the game). I remember being very disappointed with the room it was bleak. Now this was 4 years ago it could have been done up since then.
I could be completely wide of the mark, but I have linked their ‘green wedding’ info below. Just sounds like something she would intentionally seek out.

I could be completely wide of the mark, but I have linked their ‘green wedding’ info below. Just sounds like something she would intentionally seek out.

Oh I'd say you're on the money there, that would be right up her alley. It's been done up since I was there I had a look through their photos.

Reactions: 2
She seemed a bit sad in the eyes when she was reacting to the pregnancy messages! Felt so bad for her! It can be uncomfortable enough knowing you've put on weight without people asking if you're pregnant!
She always comes across as so together, confident and headstrong, but between this and crying when she launched her new book, I think she's a lot softer then the persona she puts out. I'm saying this in a good way, its nice to see that side of her every now and then.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember at the time thinking it might be in Pot Duggans cos she said the venue would have been terrible as the weather was bad on the day(and I actually don't think it was going to be there 🤔)..Def don't think it was the Falls though although she probably would have had to stay there