Laura Adlington

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I bad minded for thinking she put the chewing gum under the cake stand herself for ‘content.’ 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Having a go at Matalan again. Did they once refuse to serve her without her membership card or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t understand what her problem is. Their women’s range goes up to size 20 which is a “plus” size. And they also have a plus size range that goes up to size 28…?!? Boring.

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand what her problem is. Their women’s range goes up to size 20 which is a “plus” size. And they also have a plus size range that goes up to size 28…?!? Boring.
She doesn't care. She just knows it will draw attention. She's too interested in wanting to be posh. Or have people think she is. She's no interest in shopping at Matalan

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she's happy if she's not moaning about something

I’d like to know if she has a cut off point for plus size inclusivity?
I agree that it’s annoying when some stores stop their sizing at, say, a 20.
But is Laura saying they should all stock her size? Or does she honestly expect every store to stock every size, up to maybe a 30 plus? Which, whilst it would be very inclusive, is probably - No definitely - not commercially viable.
Would she not be better off promoting plus size brands and campaigning for those brands to be more financially accessible for everyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think being aimless and having no purpose and routine is getting her down. She always appeared livelier, more active and happier when she was at her full time job. Mind you, you'd think having oodles of free time and not being slave to the clock in a full time job would make anyone happy, seems not in this case. It's so draining to watch.

Reactions: 8
She needs a loose plan for her day, it doesn’t suit everyone but for people with her mindset it would do her good. Breakfast, walk, take photos, lunch, plan content, record podcast, finish.

Reactions: 7
I’d like to know if she has a cut off point for plus size inclusivity?
I agree that it’s annoying when some stores stop their sizing at, say, a 20.
But is Laura saying they should all stock her size? Or does she honestly expect every store to stock every size, up to maybe a 30 plus? Which, whilst it would be very inclusive, is probably - No definitely - not commercially viable.
Would she not be better off promoting plus size brands and campaigning for those brands to be more financially accessible for everyone?
I was wondering the same thing. Which clothes size would make her happy with the shops?!

I was wondering the same thing. Which clothes size would make her happy with the shops?!
Her size. I'm sure she once congratulated a shop for stocking ip to a 26, so I guess that's her size, she wasn't bothered about sizes above.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her size. I'm sure she once congratulated a shop for stocking ip to a 26, so I guess that's her size, she wasn't bothered about sizes above.
Absolutely true. She even promoted Sainsbury’s Tu which technically does go up to a 26 (her claimed size) but only in a tiny number of garments and none of the dresses she was seen advertising but she was able to fit into some of their size 24s so didn’t give a duck.

This is why I struggle with her because there's nothing underpinning her body positivity other than the desire to go to a shop and try on pretty dresses. Which is fine and I have nothing against wanting to do that (would love to find more stuff in actual shops myself) but it really seems like she's just trying to recapture that teenage shopping experience and nothing deeper and I honestly think that's why this attempt at body positivity doesn't actually work for her. It's just so shallow and doesn't really have anything behind it or beyond it.

Reactions: 10
It’s all kicking off on the fb group. Someone had the audacity to bring up wanting to lose weight, and they piled on her and got her post removed. She complaine and comments turned off on her post. Same person now posted “I think I’m going to leave this group” and another pile on! An actual therapist said in the comments that sometimes the behaviour of those in the group is major red flags. Comments turned off again!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s all kicking off on the fb group. Someone had the audacity to bring up wanting to lose weight, and they piled on her and got her post removed. She complaine and comments turned off on her post. Same person now posted “I think I’m going to leave this group” and another pile on! An actual therapist said in the comments that sometimes the behaviour of those in the group is major red flags. Comments turned off again!
Oooh the drama! 🤣🤣 Thanks for the update, would have missed it if you didn’t say anything as I hid posts from that woman - got sick of seeing her daily outfit posts. She’s making a big deal of nothing, get a grip woman!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oooh the drama! 🤣🤣 Thanks for the update, would have missed it if you didn’t say anything as I hid posts from that woman - got sick of seeing her daily outfit posts. She’s making a big deal of nothing, get a grip woman!
I was just going to say the same thing, I hid her because her daily photos were doing my head in! 😂😂 was her original post about losing weight? That group is crazy 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What Facebook group?

That group is toxic! Any mention of positive anti diet weight loss seems to trigger other members. It’s a typical FB group where these ‘admin managers’ think they’re above you

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.