Laura Adlington

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea, maybe it's not. I haven't seen it mentioned for some time right enough
Unfortunately it is, though I suspect it might be in its end phase because membership is constantly open. Also, there are more sources than ever now of the kind of stuff they offer but absolutely free (Laura's podcast is one example).

Whilst I don't expect people to work for free, there are alternative sources of funding to do "work" like this, advertising for one, instead of fleecing vulnerable women.

Reactions: 1
I liked Laura’s response to Laurence Fox’s post about the bikini ad with the larger models. So nasty of him.

Reactions: 8
I liked Laura’s response to Laurence Fox’s post about the bikini ad with the larger models. So nasty of him.
I understand why she was upset, but to me it's a waste of energy to be upset by anything he says, the man is a right wing, Brexit loving, anti vaxxer.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Agree about her makeup always looks caked on ....doesn't take them long to work out emotive posts up their engagement! And its all about the engagement!

I've replied to things she's posted and she's not even read or acknowledged my message so another reason I'm not a fan anymore ..don't ask questions if you have no intention of responding back when people take time to engage with you !!
It’s not like she has a proper job now so she has plenty of time to reply. I think she thinks she’s better than most.

Reactions: 2
Her podcast mate got her first taste of not everyone loving her this week. For someone who says she didn’t care about the word “fat” she seemed to care quite a bit

Reactions: 3
I've come to the conclusion that Laura's insta is crashingly dull. Her content is pretty much the same, week in, week out. There's a slight variation in the week when she is due on but even that is predictable (emosh, crying, hangry etc). I also notice she is acknowledging she's a size 26 these days. Her size doesn't matter a jot but she does get brownie points for owning it.

Reactions: 5
I've come to the conclusion that Laura's insta is crashingly dull. Her content is pretty much the same, week in, week out. There's a slight variation in the week when she is due on but even that is predictable (emosh, crying, hangry etc). I also notice she is acknowledging she's a size 26 these days. Her size doesn't matter a jot but she does get brownie points for owning it.
I find it strange that she volunteers for the Samaritans but is obviously a depressive herself, that can’t help her MH? I personally think she should go back to her normal job.

She's also bloody miserable the majority of the time now which she never was. She's lost her Sparkle.. I used to enjoy her content but now just swipe on past her.

And yes her exuberant high pitched mate had a lot of negative comments on a post, she's a try to hard to be funny and it comes across that way too...plus her voice is sooo irritating 🙄

I think a few of the GBBO contestants, or some who’ve been connected with the show in some way, have set themselves up on Instagram in the hope of eventually getting TV gigs.
I suspect that might be the case with Laura, but her baking content maybe wasn’t as engaging for people as the posts she made about plus size fashion and body positivity, so that’s the pigeonhole she’s now in.
And really there’s only so many inspiring posts you can make about loving yourself at any size, and only so many summery dresses you actually need.
I really feel for her actually. Clearly she does struggle with her mental health (I do wonder how being an Instagram “Celeb” impacts on that, as not all feedback will be positive), and she was so buzzing when she left her job to start her new “career”.
I wonder if it hasn’t lived up to expectations; I agree that she does seem very down lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her makeup does my nut in , too orange , dry and cakey no need for her to even be wearing it she has nice skin

Reactions: 4
I understand it's a big deal posing in swimwear but she wants a pat on the back for absolutely everything these days and unfortunately at this stage, I'm all out of pats for Laura

I really like her but agree with pretty much everything here: caked on makeup, repetitive ads, and never ever replies to any messages. Neither does her annoying mate. It’s a shame because she’s such a lovely person.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.