Laura Adlington

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's more that they claim to be size inclusive and only go up to mid fat sizes at most, rather than what size they actually go up to, and bang on about it in their marketing. Just don't mention it, or say "we go up to a 24" or whatever.

And with the influencers, it seems to be if the store stock their size, they're all over it. Look at Poppy Adams promoting Peacock and saying how amazing it is they do plus sizes when 6 months ago she wouldn't have fit into anything they sell.
She still can’t fit into it 😉

I don’t think she looked very well in that post. Also, what sizes should brands go up to really? If they really were inclusive they’d have to go to size 44 or something and that’s not good for business
I genuinely didn’t think there were any sizes after a 32

Reactions: 2
She still can’t fit into it 😉

I genuinely didn’t think there were any sizes after a 32
I actually have no idea. I once hit a size 20 and couldn’t buy clothes in many places and that’s what made me lose weight to be honest. Appreciate that some people don’t want to do that.

I remember when it was just Evans for plus sized clothes and that was depressing.

Did anyone see Laura's husband in bed naked yesterday (or one day recently)? I thought that was a bit much, even from the waist up. Hope he agreed to the post.

Reactions: 4
I thought she was a breath of fresh air but does seem to be doing more ads now. She also looked much better in the curlers ad she did yesterday without the make up trowelled on. I think the heavy make up she wears actually hides her natural beauty rather than enhances it

Moaning about clothes brands not being inclusive because they only go up to a size 22 🙄

Reactions: 3
I see she called out Mrs Hinch over her Tesco collection stopping at a size 20. I think this is good but at the same time, had Laura been able to fit into the stuff, she would have been all over it. At least she wasn't licking Hinch's arse like some of the plus sized influencers who would never be able to wear the stuff were yesterday.

Reactions: 5
She’s such a hypocrite, if she could fit in it she would advertise it, much like some of the other brands she has advertised that stop at a size 24. I totally agree with her point, but it seems to be one rule for her and another for everyone else. Knew it would be long before she started to piss me off like all the other insta huns 😂😂

I've followed her since bake off and I do still really like her but the constant ad's are grating somewhat. Especially when it's always the same kind of thing she's pushing....I'm a similar size but much shorter anf bustier and while I do like a dress, I'm not fussed on floral so a lot of it doesn't hit the mark for me.

I've listened to the podcast and enjoy a lot of it, it's nice when you can relate shared experiences of being plus size and having been big all your life. Not all episodes are for me but that's fine. I'm also in the Facebook group and that's a bit much at times but seems to be doing a good job of boosting confidence (although there's not much interaction from either of them on it).

I just can’t believe she’s 33. She looks so old. It’s her make up right?

Reactions: 3
I’m weirdly slightly disappointed by the blatant attempt to get gifted concert tickets!

I’m weirdly slightly disappointed by the blatant attempt to get gifted concert tickets!
Cringing so hard for her! 😬😬
If she was that much of a fan she wouldn’t need help with lyrics to DM him AND she would’ve bought the tickets when they went on sale in the first place!! 🙄

Reactions: 6
I've listened to the podcast and enjoy a lot of it, it's nice when you can relate shared experiences of being plus size and having been big all your life. Not all episodes are for me but that's fine. I'm also in the Facebook group and that's a bit much at times but seems to be doing a good job of boosting confidence (although there's not much interaction from either of them on it).
I wonder if the group on Facebook has turned out different to what they expected which is why they don’t engage?

I find the group a bit much, some people post numerous times over and over, the constant asking about if snag tights chub rub shorts are any good is so annoying!

I couldn’t even read the message she sent, I’d cringed too hard at the stories before 😳
But as the above poster said, if she was actually a fan and wasn’t just jumping on the bandwagon, she would have bought tickets and would have known lyrics. Clearly just turning into another insta begger 🙄

Anyone follow her mate she does the podcast with ? Now that is one annoying completely over the top fake instahun right there!

I can see the Facebook group turning into a callie Thorpe and the eyebrow girl confidence corner type thing. They will find a way to make money out of it.

Reactions: 1
I can see the Facebook group turning into a callie Thorpe and the eyebrow girl confidence corner type thing. They will find a way to make money out of it.
Is that still going? I unfollowed Callie when she started charging for the confidence corner

Is that still going? I unfollowed Callie when she started charging for the confidence corner
Me too. I just thought it was praying on the vulnerable. Also was fed up of her.

I see Confidence Corner is still limping on. Membership is always open now, though, rather than it being restricted to short times. Surely there's only so many times you can tell people to "wear that bikini" or "you are loved" before everyone stops paying?

Me too. I just thought it was praying on the vulnerable. Also was fed up of her.

I see Confidence Corner is still limping on. Membership is always open now, though, rather than it being restricted to short times. Surely there's only so many times you can tell people to "wear that bikini" or "you are loved" before everyone stops paying?
I thought it was disgusting that they started charging people, I don't know how they can live with themselves, taking money of people for the rubbish they provide.
Callie is a prime example of how going full time insta hun turns you into a complete twit.

I wonder if the group on Facebook has turned out different to what they expected which is why they don’t engage?

I find the group a bit much, some people post numerous times over and over, the constant asking about if snag tights chub rub shorts are any good is so annoying!
Yeah the almost constant asking about chub rub shorts is beyond boring. I honestly can't believe ANYONE hasn't heard of Snag by now, they have been advertising everywhere for a good while now. I also struggle to believe all these people are suddenly buying dresses and wearing bikinis due to a podcast 🤷‍♀️

Controversially I also think they're doing a disservice to lots of people by refusing to allow any sort of diet talk. You can still be 'body positive' while wanting to lose some weight/be healthier etc and by removing that aspect of the group it opens it up more to the overconfident showoff types who are already taking it over.

I quite like Lauren but she is super squeaky and a bit grating on stories!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.