Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
How many clothes does this one have?! The last two episodes of GLY have been 45 minute whingefests about brands not doing plus sizes. The last episode their guest says that instead of calling out brands who start off extending their sizes to only a 22 they need to supported so that they extend further. And Laura said she totally agreed, even though she has DEFINITELY moaned about certain brands not going up as high as she’d like in the past. The episode before had the woman from Rune who said ‘I am so angry that I’m having to do this because other brands won’t’. She has literally just started this brand, go and make a success of it before telling established brands they need to be doing all their ranges plus size. She also said the whole issue of margins on plus size is a non issue because if you do the full range of sizes from a 6, you’re getting the margin on them which makes no sense if one margin has to cover two sizes. Laura talked about nobody’s child who used to go up to a bigger size than they do now - if it made financial sense surely they would still do it?! They were hardly making a shed load of money off the big sizes only to turn around and say ‘let’s not bother anymore’. Also what suze is inclusive enough? Laura’s size? Size 30? Size 32?
The whole thing was just ridiculous, there’s far more important issues in the world than some spoiled brats having enough floral dresses. Take a look at Laura’s Instagram and she seems to have very little issue accumulating vast amounts of clothes. She can’t fasten a buckle on her own shoe and THIS is what she chooses to put her energy into.
Sorry for the long post but they’re getting incredibly entitled on that podcast and it wound me up!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

hereorthere

Chatty Member
Could they not branch out and do dressy tops, jeans, good quality t-shirts, smart trousers, decent white shirts, work wear? It’s an endless pile of floaty, floral shite that, let’s be honest, most people don’t wear every day. How long more can they knock out of it?

Reactions: 17

hereorthere

Chatty Member
Is there anything Laura isn’t judgey about. God forbid people do whatever the fuck they want to. Lose weight or don’t, inject your head with Pepsi for all I care but why does she always seem so miserable about it all. Don’t lose weight because you’re a sell out, don’t get treatments, you’re a sell out. How about fuck off and worry about your non pond and leave everyone live their life!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

I don't know if I wear clothes too big but I kind of feel like everything they model is touching Laura's body and I don't feel dresses like that are meant to be doing that. Maybe a light skim so the fabric is still quite fluid? Presumably this is because of what everyone has already pointed out, that the dresses are too small. I would be so self conscious wearing stuff that fitted me so snugly.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
She should be embarrassed taking money for advertising clothes that don’t fit her. That denim dress is too small and not adjusted for a bigger busted. As well as being too short the arms are too tight.

016D37D8-C384-4760-85A8-D8A778DA34E7.jpeg
woman.

• Wow
  • Haha

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Not them being excited that with 720k followers they managed to sell 200 tickets. 200 😭🤣 acting as if they have a sold out multi continent stadium tour…must be a sad and lonely existence

• Haha
  • Wow

hereorthere

Chatty Member
You do realise BMI is a very antiquated use of measurement? I’m not saying being a 26 is healthy but 16-18 is pretty much average. The bang of fat shaming off this thread sometimes
There’s no fat shaming! Nobody is saying “oh look at the big fat cow”. She literally makes a living from talking about body confidence and loving your body while endlessly saying she’s having a bad day, she’s stressed, she’s a hermit etc. People are allowed to call out social media charlatans, whether they’re fat, thin or somewhere in between. Laura happens to be fat and it’s kinda her entire persona and career hence that’s what people criticise.

MotherInferior43

I quite liked one of the monsoon dresses so I looked it up. £130!!!!! And the reviews said it was rubbish so I clicked out. Honestly.
Know your audience Laura, don’t you realise most of us prioritise bills, groceries etc over spending frivolous amounts on clothes, I earn a decent salary but couldn’t justify spending £130 on a dress from Monsoon - or Phase Eight / Seasalt. Other than TU does she advertise reasonably priced clothes?

mee43

VIP Member
She’s just unlikeable. Sorry, but I can’t believe how much I’ve gone off her.
And I feel sure that she’s cooled towards Lauren because Lauren started taking control of her health a bit.
Judging by how she comes across and the self absorption she displays, I feel like friendship with Laura would be a one way street paved with eggshells.

mee43

VIP Member
Genuinely interested in how many people could tolerate that same dress, different bodies headache live! 😱

• Haha

hereorthere

Chatty Member
None of those New Look outfits were giving off work wear vibes, I had no idea that was the theme until she posted it in her story. She looked nice in the first dress though, looked comfy!
Makes me laugh that someone who doesn’t work is putting together work wear outfits.

• Haha

Furnessian

VIP Member
Imagine being “stuck in a style rut” and turning to that pair of whallopers for advice. Not only that but live on stage in front of an audience! Christ on a fucking bike!

Laura is the very definition of “stuck in a style rut”. She just wears the same old style over and over again. In fact she has no style, no one wants to look like her. Lottie at least does wear a variety of stuff, even if she looks like a twat in most of it.

• Haha
Being bigger while pregnant poses risks to mother and child for various illnesses and infections and the ability to fight them. Doctors consider this when setting limits to assisting people get pregnant, if it would be in their best interests or not. Back to L, she knows full well that treatment at her size is out of bounds yet does nothing to tackle her weight and try to bring it down to a level where treatment would be possible for her. So she can't want a child that badly, is my opinion on it. I dont think she has a place to voice an opinion on it, unless she had exhausted every possible avenue to try and get to that place where it could happen. Anyway, she's panting and puffing and out of breath just standing. Labour is intense and you need some level of fitness to endure it so I don't think it'd be in her best interests, there could be unlimited complications to both her and her child.

Reactions: 15

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
I really really like Lauren. She’s got irritating qualities but lord above, don’t we all?
I sometimes think that’s what people don’t get about somewhere like Tattle. We’re not bitching because you have a habit of always using a phrase or a hand gesture or some silly irritant, it’s that you’re fraudulently making money out of a group of women by engaging their vulnerabilities.

RestingBunchFace

Thank you for sharing your experience @Riddlemethis - well done for doing it your way. It seems bonkers that the medical profession would recommend an invasive procedure that can result in malnutrition, blood sugar swings etc. and doesn’t address any of the mental and emotional relationship people have with food. Gastric surgery doesn’t sound like it makes you healthier, just skinnier.

If any of you follow Rebelfit on Instagram, he does a brilliant job of talking about the relationship between emotions and food and its link to obesity.

i am working on my health at the minute for medical reasons, I’ve changed what I’m eating and I’m moving more. The by-product of this might be weight loss but it’s certainly not the goal. I think what’s missing with Laura is the joy you can find from life even in a bigger body. You can embrace movement, eat nutritious food, push yourself, you don’t have to lose weight. But you can still become healthier. And you can still enjoy the odd bag of mini eggs if it makes you happy! But she’s just sat at home being a miserable hermit all the time, she’s not out there living life.

• Heart