Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
I don’t know how she could possibly wear clothes that are 1-2 sizes too small. When I’m wearing something that doesn’t fit me properly I just want to cry. The feel of the tightness on my skin sends me into overdrive and I need to get said item of clothing off me ASAP. I can’t stand being uncomfortable and restricted. She looks like she can’t move an inch in those dresses or they will burst at the seems… (oh wait, that already happened in that green checked dress around her boob area the other week!).

The problem is, I don’t think she can go up another size in those pretty dresses. The ones her and minging Lottie seem to try on only go up to a size 26 so she squeezes herself into them so they can continue making their reels of floaty, gorgeous dresses. If she wore her real size, her and Lottie couldn’t match and the whole same dress, different bodies idea wouldn’t be able to continue. X

Reactions: 19

Furnessian

VIP Member
It’s not that she is wearing whatever size, let’s face it we all have tons of differently sized labels in our wardrobes, right? It’s that she openly bashes some companies who do not make her size yet promotes others that also do not. It was only weeks ago that she attempted to start the #stockmysize campaign and has filmed videos slagging off some brands for stopping at a 24 yet if the clothes fit over her, she is all over Insta aff linking the fuck out of them.

Reactions: 18

Globetrotter

Don't get the logistics of same dress diff bodies on stage- laura will have to crab walk on and off stage as she doesn't like showing clothes from any other view than the front! Found a different couple doing a very similar thing on insta this week and the larger lady was only an 18 but she was showing the clothes off really well compared!

• Haha

RestingBunchFace

If Laura actually follows through on her ‘campaigning’, shares updates of her discussions, maybe talks about the challenges of extending size ranges etc then I would welcome this latest move because at least she’s choosing a mission that aligns with the ‘beliefs’ she peddled in her book and she’s doing something practical for the plus size movement.

But sadly I think she’s just read tattle, seen that people don’t think she’s genuine because she did a couple of #stockmysize posts and then took sponsorship money for her event from a brand who doesn’t actually stock her size, and decided to do a couple of stories claiming she’s in discussion with them about extending their sizes. It’s all just lip service. She is fake and shallow and half-arsed.

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
Who buys a expensive brand new house and few months later gets totally sprayed a different colour
People that have different styles and tastes to the person / company they bought their home from? I’m not the biggest Laura fan and have commented on her threads a few times to voice my annoyance and frustration with her, especially lately. But I think this comment is reaching a bit. Is she not allowed to redecorate or do anything different with her house, since it was “expensive” to buy? X

Riddlemethis

VIP Member
Why is someone who preaches about being judged, so fucking judgemental of others? She makes me mad. She is so fixated on herself and such a blinkered view of the world, which is what really makes her so unrelatable and unlikeable.
I’ve said it before and I stand by it, the fact that she has a lot of fat is actually the most likeable thing about her. She is such a horrible, judgy, miserable bastard. She gets slagged on here for her size but actually her size isn’t the problem, her brain is.

Furnessian

VIP Member
She can’t move as she is tucking her thighs in like a contestant in RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Absolutely no point in showing anything if you’re not going to show a 360° view and, for a lot of plus sized clothing, sit down in it.

• Haha

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
And she is advertising a brand that she knows her target audience can’t afford “support if you can” is a fancy way to say “i gotta post about this but i know none of you can actually buy this stuff” AND on top of that currently they have 8 sizes. 8!! Brands she previously ripped have a better size range lol. They don’t even have anything in Laura’s size yet but please support it so Laura can pay for putting her garden back together.

Attachments

• Haha

SheLeft

VIP Member
Most of those women are not particularly large, they are a powerlifting/weightlifting build and you can see how muscular they are. I don’t get why she’s thinking their situation has anything to do with her lazy, stagnant lifestyle.

RestingBunchFace

Surely as a person in a bigger body, if a brand approaches you for a collab but they don’t stock your size it’s the perfect time to politely decline and give them honest feedback. But morals don’t pay for million pound houses with illegal ponds…

• Haha
As predicted, no 360 degree show of the swimwear just straight on to camera. Not even walking or moving in them. She's stealing a living. Shame on Next. They knew well she would fit them on and just stand there. People buying swimwear care what the bum coverage is like, and want to see the suit from all angles. She is a joke.

georgijane

Chatty Member
She should have changed Boohoo to In The Style… you know the place from her never mentioned again collaboration

• Haha
  • Heart

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Have you not seen Laura Adlingtons videos??? It's Laura herself who calls her stomach her gunt. I absolutely hate the word but it's a word she uses in every video to describe her own stomach!!!!!

For reference, WhatLauraLoves is the plus size influencer who actually has a huge g**t, but I used it on this influencers page because SHE is the woman who describes her stomach as a g**t
I have seen them yes, and I agree the use of word is horrendous, even to describe your own self.
However the tone of the last few posts about how people with this particular type of fat accumulation in the lower stomach region must be lazy because its consequence of sitting down too much is absolutely ridiculous and actually quite offensive really.
Women / people the world over have this type of stomach area in big, medium and small proportions - NOT necessarily because they are morbidly overweight - is the point I was trying to make.

• Heart

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Im not a laura fan, do believe her size affects her health massively and absolutely do not like the word g**t
However talking about this area of fat like that I think it's a bit too far - Even thinner/skinny/midsize/normal people have this? I have it, for a lot of women it comes after kids. You dont have to be lauras size to have an accumulation of fat in the lower belly, obviously in laura is dramatically noticeable because shes morbidly obese.
Unless im mistaken thats all the horrible word os referring to?

• Heart

hippolife

You don’t get “fat shamed” by medics, you get the truth in how your obesity affects your health 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tamara

VIP Member
So do these not come in Laura’s size or Laura isn’t “Laura sized” anymore?
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0721.jpeg

The reason the dress is so tight and cutting her in half as yet again she is trying to squeeze into a size 24 when it DOESNT FIT HER!! She keeps doing this. So much for stock my size.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
Strap in, another swimwear reel coming with L. Wonder will she turn around and show all angles. Surely L will. But L has shown dresses before all angles while the other one just stands there like a plank of wood.
Laura Adlington #5 Standing there like a plank of wood

please! I also don’t want a body shaming title!

• Haha
Her language is really horrible though…
’if you’re a sweaty bitch like me’
‘this deodorant is good for your pits’
She just sounds so vulgar and coarse and also so disinterested in what she’s selling. I find her a big turn off for buying anything she’d try to sell me.
I’ve said it before on this page but I just can’t understand why she doesn’t do baking on her page with a side of fashion. She’d get just as many collabs. People would enjoy a recipe as she’s so well known from BakeOff and she could still do plenty of plus size fashion. To me at the moment her insta account is really nothing.
You can just hear her saying to Matt…’oh ffs I’ve got to go upstairs now and film this bloody deodorant ad’ and her thumping up the stairs.

• Haha

hereorthere

Chatty Member
Matt hasn’t had a day off because someone has to pay the bloody mortgage on the house and fund the mini egg habit. Poor man must be withered.