Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RestingBunchFace

FINALLY Laura is talking about doing more baking on her Instagram - yes Laura! This is the content we want to see! You don’t need to feel like an imposter because you were a finalist on the biggest baking show on TV. Whereas you are an imposter at your current job because you encourage women to buy clothes that don’t even fit you.

Reactions: 22
The story this morning of her waking up 'teary' 🙄
1. Your weight is getting you down.
2. You need a job to leave the house for.
3. You're anxious about appearing on stage and being photographed at your event.
4. You don't enjoy working online.
5. Your book is a front, and a lie.

Go for a walk every day, eat healthily, give up the Dr Peppers, be honest and authentic, and I guarantee your mood will improve if you do all these things for just one week.
You're welcome xoxo

RestingBunchFace

I have a lot of beef with Laura’s fake bopo and half-arsed way she earns a living, but a thread title about her appearance is just plain mean. All bodies are valid bodies.

• Heart

mee43

VIP Member
I’m so over her campaigning for bigger her sizes by all brands.

Yes it’s a PITA when you love something but it doesn’t go up to your size; I’m short. For many brands that stock petite lengths, they’ll only do so in certain, safe selling patterns and colours, and they no way stock everything they sell in petite length.

If you’re very tall, I imagine it’s a similar problem, or even more restricted.

What about fuller busts - shall I start a campaign against off the shoulder and strapless/strappy summer dresses because I don’t feel comfortable in strapless bras?

Sorry but I just feel like Laura’s campaign is all about Laura getting what she wants, and not about inclusion at all.

There’s a far broader range of sizes and shapes available now than there ever was, but we all have our bugbears.

The fact that she absolutely throws her toys out of the pram over a dress that won’t fit but doesn’t seem a cancer charity worth promoting, has actually really annoyed me 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 21

rupertbear1

Looked at that black monsoon dress, its quite nice actually! Looked at the size and she is wearing the biggest size which is an XXL/size 24… so shes happy to promote clothes that stop at a 24 when all she usually does it whinge about brands that do that but this dress happens to be generous so it’s fine…. She isnt an advocate for plus size, shes only an advocate for herself! As long as it fits Laura then all is well.

Another thing that pisses me off with her is she often states on the podcast how she HATES the term ‘midsize’ … why? Because it doesnt relate to her, I for one appreciate that term as a size 14 who doesnt want to wear body cons but also doesn’t want to wear ‘plus size’ fashion… she claims to be about inclusivity but really she only cares about herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

RestingBunchFace

For those wondering about a gastric sleeve, Laura has said before that she investigated this option and didn’t go through with it in the end. I totally see why you wouldn’t want to - having a major operation and then being expected to live your life only being able to consume the calories of a toddler. It’s absolutely bonkers that we’ve got to a world where that is seen as preferable to being fat.

Also the irony is not lost on me that many fat people are denied major operations because of the supposed risk, but medical professionals are happy for them to go under the knife (and general anaesthetic) for gastric surgery.

Reactions: 20

SheLeft

VIP Member
SweatyBetty is a brand for people that are into fitness and sports. Laura doesn't need those clothes as she doesn't even like walking much so there's no need for her to get a bee in her bonnet about it. If she was genuinely size 26 and interested in sports and fitness then fair enough, but this one isn't her battle to fight. Just stop being an asshole towards brands that don't cater to you and that you have zero interest in wearing.

hereorthere

Chatty Member
Not that I want to stick up for Laura as she is insufferable most of the time but to be fair to her she did not claim to be a size 24 she just said she ordered these in a 24 as the styles are a bit more forgiving and she even admits herself the gingham dress is snug across her bust.

i also think it’s a bit pointless comparing how a dress looks on her to how it looks on a size 6 model with what looks like a very flat chest. Anyone with boobs bigger than an A cup is going to fill out the top of the dress.
I agree. A dress will always look flowy on a skinny model, so it’s an unfair comparison. Some of these look grand on her. I don’t get the jumping all over her for wearing a size 24, if she’s comfortable in it, let her off. She’s still a moany whinge bag before anyone starts! Edit to say the lighting in her shipping container kitchen is dreadful!

Last edited:

Spanielears

Laura is not desperate for a child. I refuse to believe that narrative she pedals. I have been desperate for a child and did everything in my power to have a child. I was told losing weight would help, I lost weight.
She hasn’t even tried.

'You can't tell someone's fitness level by their size'.... Very true.
You can however, when someone gets out of breath while merely standing to show off their free deodorant 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow

hereorthere

Chatty Member
I have an apron belly at size 20, after having a baby. I was always prone to a belly pooch but a traumatic labour and PND have done a number on me. If Laura wants to wear a size 24 and squeeze herself into it, who actually cares? It’s hard enough finding something that’s nice with an apron belly (which let’s be honest is the least socially acceptable plus sized body type there is!) without someone policing the size you wear. She’s a miserable moan bag but people here are fierce militant about the number on the clothes tag!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Can anyone explain how in the hell those dresses are Bridgerton themed? They are the exact same floral dullness they share every week. I'm so BORED of florals. I'm losing weight at the moment just to escape the fuckers.

• Haha

roo689

VIP Member
You don’t get “fat shamed” by medics, you get the truth in how your obesity affects your health 🤷🏻‍♀️
You do realise BMI is a very antiquated use of measurement? I’m not saying being a 26 is healthy but 16-18 is pretty much average. The bang of fat shaming off this thread sometimes

Last edited:

Youokayhun23

Chatty Member
I actually don't dislike the word gunt I think it's an accurate word for what it is 🤣 but then I also like the word cxnt so 🤷

Fatphobia is everywhere, even when people don't think they are fatphobic, they sometimes are. I came here after seeing a fat girl I quite liked on bake off and liked that she represented fat girls in cute clothes or whatever but she's just so confusing, ranting about clothes not being available in her size then wears (and gets paid to advertise) clothing ranges that DON'T come in her size.

That's what's shitty, it's inauthentic and kinda invalidates the trust fat women had in her, trying to love our larger body shapes/sizes.

• Heart

RestingBunchFace

I just wish she’d bake stuff. That’s why she became well known, that’s why people liked her - that’s what many of us would like to see more of! A baking channel would be way more authentic and interesting than 50 shades of floral midi dress, shown from the front only.

She is soo vulgar. Again with that awful word in their latest boring reel (g*nt) and what is the deal with Lottie obsessively touching her boobs and going in for her vagina today. Absolutely disgusting
🤮🤮🤮
Anyone paying out hard earned cash to watch those clowns on a stage doing that live need to give themselves a shake.

• Sick
  • Wow

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
She should be embarrassed taking money for advertising clothes that don’t fit her. That denim dress is too small and not adjusted for a bigger busted. As well as being too short the arms are too tight.

View attachment 2779959 woman.
It looks like a completely different dress on her and like it barely covers her backside. Holy heck… and she advertises this after her whole drama about not finding clothes that fit and look ok?!