Laura Adlington #2 when you’re Laura, every silver lining has a cloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came here to say I am also shocked and appalled that she shared those weight loss compliment stories with the names of the people who sent them to her. You can pause the story at any time and read all those responses and exactly who wrote them. A lot of them were harrowing and perhaps not common knowledge for their family and friends etc

If you still read here, Laura. you have majorly fucked up with this and can’t believe the story is still up.

Reactions: 11
I’m shocked that she’s done this. She of all people, as she’s quite sensitive about anything that affects herself.
Selfish, thoughtless and very very bad form 😞

Reactions: 7
I’m shocked that she’s done this. She of all people, as she’s quite sensitive about anything that affects herself.
Selfish, thoughtless and very very bad form 😞
The amount of people on there who have declared they have an eating disorder and she just posts for all to see!? And it’s STILL on there this morning. I can’t be the only one messaging her telling her to take it down!?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I follow her for fashion. But her views are promoting being overweight. I myself am 6 stones overweight. It’s terrible. Not even for looks. But my general health. I’m 30 my knees hurt. I find it hard getting around. I’m a walking health hazard. I’m trying to get it off but I find food is like a drug to me. She can’t be truly happy. Her Heath has to be suffering.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Just to echo the weight doesn’t equal health thing not being true a lot of the time.

I completely get that it’s not the only measure of health and that you can be generally be healthy whilst being overweight, or be unhealthy and thin. But I am a similar size to Laura and have been very slowly losing a small amount of weight each week for the past couple of months and I already feel so much better and happier for it.

I still eat loads of nice food, hence losing it slowly, but I do find weight loss so difficult and I just hope I can keep it up.

I don’t know whether she gets that it’s not so much about current health either it’s about future health. I too am in my 30s and I don’t have any weight related health issues at the moment but if I carry on as I am then no doubt I will do in my 40s or 50s!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just to echo the weight doesn’t equal health thing not being true a lot of the time.

I completely get that it’s not the only measure of health and that you can be generally be healthy whilst being overweight, or be unhealthy and thin. But I am a similar size to Laura and have been very slowly losing a small amount of weight each week for the past couple of months and I already feel so much better and happier for it.

I still eat loads of nice food, hence losing it slowly, but I do find weight loss so difficult and I just hope I can keep it up.

I don’t know whether she gets that it’s not so much about current health either it’s about future health. I too am in my 30s and I don’t have any weight related health issues at the moment but if I carry on as I am then no doubt I will do in my 40s or 50s!
Yes! I’ve always been bigger and have lost and gained weight throughout my 20’s, my health has never been an issue. But now that I’m in my 30s I can feel already that my health is suffering, and can only get worse right? I’ve lost around 3 stone since about November last year through eating better and moderate exercise, mainly walking and small weights. I don’t want to lose weight quickly or go on a crazy diet.
I’m a binge eater and haven’t had a binge since either, but it’s so difficult to get out of that diet mind set, and has been really difficult for me to not punish myself if I have a day off or have a meal that’s way outwith my calorie allowance etc, but I’m getting there and my physical and mental health have never been better.
Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s the best way to do it. I just wish that Laura and all the other fat instahuns stop pushing this anti diet narrative, anti diet culture yes absolutely, but anti diet when you’re health is literally a ticking time bomb is so dangerous!

Just to add, she still has those stories up, how disgusting! I’ve just messaged her about it, but no doubt will get ignored!

• Heart
It’s unforgivable that she’d not taken them down.
I’ve always been willing to cut her a lot of slack because I felt like her hearts in the right place and I believe her weight makes her unhappy, whatever she might say.
This is selfish and uncaring though. It’s made her look like she doesn’t truly give any thought to others; it’s all about nursing her own self esteem.
Completely altered my view of her.

Reactions: 7
Yes! I’ve always been bigger and have lost and gained weight throughout my 20’s, my health has never been an issue. But now that I’m in my 30s I can feel already that my health is suffering, and can only get worse right? I’ve lost around 3 stone since about November last year through eating better and moderate exercise, mainly walking and small weights. I don’t want to lose weight quickly or go on a crazy diet.
I’m a binge eater and haven’t had a binge since either, but it’s so difficult to get out of that diet mind set, and has been really difficult for me to not punish myself if I have a day off or have a meal that’s way outwith my calorie allowance etc, but I’m getting there and my physical and mental health have never been better.
Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s the best way to do it. I just wish that Laura and all the other fat instahuns stop pushing this anti diet narrative, anti diet culture yes absolutely, but anti diet when you’re health is literally a ticking time bomb is so dangerous!

Just to add, she still has those stories up, how disgusting! I’ve just messaged her about it, but no doubt will get ignored!
Well done on how well you’re doing - fingers crossed I manage to do this long term! Feeling more positive than I have ever done about it all which is nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The question box sharing is just a way to show her engagement and massage her own ego. Someone genuine would have taken the time to repost some anonymously and empathise or use them as an example to show others they aren't alone. As previous poster said its just a comfort blanket to make herself feel better. I would say she doesn't actually know what her own purpose /unique selling point is on social media, if asked. She's desperately scrambling.

Reactions: 9
Finally unfollowed this morning. Disgusted by the stories she shared with no anonymity and left up for the whole 24 hours. What a truly awful person to use others’ trauma indiscriminately for “content”.

Reactions: 14
Finally unfollowed this morning. Disgusted by the stories she shared with no anonymity and left up for the whole 24 hours. What a truly awful person to use others’ trauma indiscriminately for “content”.
Agree. Content to make herself feel ‘better’

Reactions: 6
If she hasn't by now, doubtful she will. Just a big gloss over it.
Seems from here alone, she received messages highlighting how inappropriate her actions were but chose to ignore them. As long as she felt better though is all that matters I guess ( In Laura's world).

Reactions: 8
If she hasn't by now, doubtful she will. Just a big gloss over it.
Seems from here alone, she received messages highlighting how inappropriate her actions were but chose to ignore them. As long as she felt better though is all that matters I guess ( In Laura's world).
In my experience she doesn’t reply to any messages anyway, let alone ones calling her out! When I was a proper ‘fan’ I messaged her several times in response to things she posted (always really nice messages) and whilst I appreciate she must get a lot of messages and don’t expect a response to them all, maybe the odd one would have been nice! I also once baked one of her recipes and tagged her in it on my stories and she saw the story and couldn’t even be arsed to press the ‘like’ button, let alone say thanks for sharing, etc!

Reactions: 14
In my experience she doesn’t reply to any messages anyway, let alone ones calling her out! When I was a proper ‘fan’ I messaged her several times in response to things she posted (always really nice messages) and whilst I appreciate she must get a lot of messages and don’t expect a response to them all, maybe the odd one would have been nice! I also once baked one of her recipes and tagged her in it on my stories and she saw the story and couldn’t even be arsed to press the ‘like’ button, let alone say thanks for sharing, etc!
Same. She hadn’t actually opened any of mine.

Reactions: 5
I’ve also unfollowed. I’ll still follow the thread, but I’m not happy to add to the follower count for these fake instahuns any more.

She is so unhealthy you can see it, no amount of makeup and slap can cover it

Reactions: 6
Laura is a tricky one as I agree with a lot of what she says about diet culture and growing up in the 90’s BUT this woman is just a miserable ticking health timebomb. She wants to blame anyone but herself for her weight and at some point she needs to accept this. The podcast might as well be called ‘blaming everyone else for why I am fat’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.